Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
I have owned a 92FS in the past, but sold it a long time ago. Being out of the 9mm game and wanting to get back in I had been looking for one sort of off and on.

I found a nearly new 92G on a fairly well known forum for $250. It actually sat there over a day before I said I'd take it.

I guess it'll be showing up early this week, is there anything different about the 92G besides the lack of safety and decocker only?

Hopefully in a month or two I'll buy a red dot for it first, but I want to shoot it with irons to get a feel for it again. That said, I'm a little unsure of mounting options. I have a pair of Burris Fastfire IIIs but I would sort of like to try the Deltapoint or Deltapoint 2, maybe an RMR. Does the 92 series have provisions for mounting a red dot easily? I doubt there is room to mill the slide. Last time I owned one those micro red dots weren't around.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Decock only. No chance of accidentally getting it stuck on safe at a dangerous time during a slide manipulation or other gun handling.

The safety is useless.  The gun is safe enough in DA.  And not practical for a SA action.

The more you depend on this type of a gun for your life, the more important this feature will be to you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The G makes the 92 a viable choice for a serious use handgun.  

That retarded safety right where it shouldn't be makes the fs models an annoying toy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Mounting a Red dot to it will be more difficult that a glock. The beretta slide isn't flat at the top and there isn't much room for one to begin with. I'm sure it can be done though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Competition guys have done things such as using frame-mounted bases for their optics. This would obviously mean drilling & threading holes in the side of the frame to mount said mount.

Quite honestly, I would urge you to leave it alone & shot irons. If you're bound on using an optic, the perhaps the 92A1 would be better suited for this?

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Using the overhand method to rack the slide on a reload had me activating the safety quite a bit on my 92FS. The only 92 I now have is an Elite which is decocker only as well. I'll buy Elites, G models and D models, but no more 92s with slide mounted safeties for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top