Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2014 3:58:46 PM EDT
While surfing Gunbroker, I came across a listing for a new 92G. The listing had a part number, and here's Lipseys listing the item. If this is true, I may indeed be getting another pizza pistol.

Beretta part number: J92G300M

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=BEJ92G300M

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439440033
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Distributors just got them in this week.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It's about time. I hope it's back to being a regular option, but with my luck it won't be.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I guess I'll be buying a new Beretta handgun soon, something I haven't done in more than a decade.  Now if the folks at Beretta USA could just celebrate their move to Tennessee with a run or two of Centurion 92G's..............
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to ask, why didnt our military go to this version over the standard issue one? Seems like a no brainer specially when they were testing the Sig.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to ask, why didnt our military go to this version over the standard issue one? Seems like a no brainer specially when they were testing the Sig.
View Quote

Because it didn't exist then. The G didn't come out until well after the M9 was adopted.  The XM9 only required there be a way to decock the gun without using the trigger.  They didn't care if there was a safety or not involved.  

Switching to G's to remedy a problem that few GIs actually encounter is unlikely.

Once it was adopted, getting the Army to change it wasn't really going to happen.  In the overall scheme of things, the military wasn't having problems with the safety switch the way it was, so it wasn't a problem to solve.  You're looking at bean counting in action.

Remember the GAO bean counters recommended that the DoD drop the XM9 program and just continue to but OTS .38 revolvers.

Getting funding for legacy systems is a two-edged sword.  If you start upgrading a legacy system, you get Congress asking why you need money for a new program.  Alternatively they start asking why you are spending money on a legacy system and not requesting funding for a new program that can bring jobs to their district.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because it didn't exist then. The G didn't come out until well after the M9 was adopted.  The XM9 only required there be a way to decock the gun without using the trigger.  They didn't care if there was a safety or not involved.  

Switching to G's to remedy a problem that few GIs actually encounter is unlikely.

Once it was adopted, getting the Army to change it wasn't really going to happen.  In the overall scheme of things, the military wasn't having problems with the safety switch the way it was, so it wasn't a problem to solve.  You're looking at bean counting in action.

Remember the GAO bean counters recommended that the DoD drop the XM9 program and just continue to but OTS .38 revolvers.

Getting funding for legacy systems is a two-edged sword.  If you start upgrading a legacy system, you get Congress asking why you need money for a new program.  Alternatively they start asking why you are spending money on a legacy system and not requesting funding for a new program that can bring jobs to their district.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC 92G came about as a request from the French military (who went and made their own licensed version anyways).
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IIRC 92G came about as a request from the French military (who went and made their own licensed version anyways).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting might have to do more research on this
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

French Gendarmerie, hence the G.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
think I'll need to pick up one of these to go with my Italian 92FS, US built M9, and Italian 92S
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw a new US made G today for $600.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw one today for $560. But I only buy 92s with factory night sights. And, I don't need  any more 92s's.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#16]
are the G's built in Maryland or in Italy?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish they would bring the Elites back!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
There's a guy on BF selling them for $599 shipped IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine is made in Maryland.  Made last month I think..
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got a new 92G and didn't post a pic ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah man, it's in the pic thread!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]
92FS-based G, or 92A1-based G? The latter might actually interest me

ETA: looked up the listing, they're 92FS based.  Lame as hell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys missed out...Bud's had these available for their 180 day layaway program about a week and a half ago, but took them down either the same day or the day after they went up. They were selling for $511...I got mine

They still have them for $516 through Team Bud's or whatever...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/718001923
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I recently asked a guy at my LGS if they were going to get any of the new 92Gs. I told him people already had them and distributors were selling them. He then told me that nobody has them in stock yet. This guy goes on the Beretta forum quite a bit so I told him which sites showed them for sale. We both look at the websites and he still tells me that none of them have info on the G models so they don't really have them in stock or he'd have one already. I pointed out obvious indications that they were indeed real, but he kept going on like I didn't know what I was talking about.  I don't know why this guy thinks everyone that stocks them or has one is lying.

Then again I once told him how I had a 92 Compact and 92FS and there wasn't enough difference in size to be limited to 13 rounds which prompted a look like I just insulted his mother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top