Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2014 2:19:08 PM EDT
All my guns are "tacticool". I'm yearning for a 92FS, as I carried an M9 for many years while in the .MIL

I saw a 92FS Inox at the store a month ago, and fell in love....it's "different" from everything else I have.

Every time I go in there, the gun just gets more appealing.

However, it's almost $100 more expensive than the regular 92FS, at $650.

What the obvious, what differences do the Inox versions have compared to the regular Bruniton finished 92FS?

I've searched, and found conflicting info.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Inox has a stainless slide and barrel. Recent US production guns will have black controls while Italian production guns have silver controls. The frame is still alloy but is finished in silver to better match the stainless upper. The sights on Inox guns have red dots versus white dots to better contrast with the silver finish.

Very pretty guns, with typical Beretta reliability and ease of use. I love 'em, especially with wood grips.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that is pretty.

My idea behind the Inox, is to have sort of a "Dress up" gun, to carry when I'm suited up.

Weddings, stuff like that.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Do eettttt.

An inox 92 is a sexy ass pistol. Even better with a straight dustcover and the hard to find factory stainless magazines.

Here are some bad pictures of mine

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
local shop has one for 599.99, been there for over a month, maybe i should run down and grab it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a couple over the years and kick myself for selling them. They are a sweet and beautiful handgun to own and shoot. Match it up with a set of grey grips and you have the Ghost pistol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
local shop has one for 599.99, been there for over a month, maybe i should run down and grab it.
View Quote

That's a good price for an Inox gun - you should grab it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I freakin' hate you. I really want one, but they're every bit of $750 around here. I found an abused one for $570 at a gun show that was beat to hell and passed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]
This may be the 5th time I am typing this on ARFCOM:

Had one, sold it, I am a fool.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 96 Compact Inox and love it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have owned three Beretta 92s over the last 15 years or so.

The two that I previously owned were Inox, as is the one that I currently own.

I love the Inox Beretta.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is an excellent price for a new Inox 92.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This may be the 5th time I am typing this on ARFCOM:

Had one, sold it, I am a fool.
View Quote

I had two, sold two, and was a fool twice, before I bought my third.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Went ahead and did it -

Brand new 92FS Inox

image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Went ahead and did it -

Brand new 92FS Inox

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oZ6Fw8" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/15085997671_f342bd112e_o.jpg</a>image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

Outstanding.

Two-tone transfer bar, or is that just the flash that did that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Outstanding.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went ahead and did it -

Brand new 92FS Inox

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oZ6Fw8" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/15085997671_f342bd112e_o.jpg</a>image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

Outstanding.

Thanks! That's just the overhead light.

All the controls are black.....I actually kinda like the contrast of the small amounts of black, with the stainless.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All the controls are black.....I actually kinda like the contrast of the small amounts of black, with the stainless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went ahead and did it -

Brand new 92FS Inox

Outstanding.

Only place around here that ever has them is Academy and they want stupid money for them. I'm holding out for an older Italian with all stainless controls, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I love mine, very sexy looking, very reliable and accurate, and low felt recoil for fast follow up shots. You can thread the factory barrel for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went ahead and did it -

Brand new 92FS Inox

Outstanding.

Yeah, I have one of the newer American guns too, with the all-black controls.

At first I wasn't crazy about it (both my old 92s had all stainless controls), but the more I look at it, the more I like the contrast too.

Here's mine, breaking in a new Bianchi Minimalist holster which I just had to have, that I will probably never actually use, ha ha.

I added Crimson Trace grips to mine.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the brig.

Nice gun, but not for long term use without lots of cleaning. After 250 rounds or so, the slide starts to slow down. It becomes an issue. Clean it, back to normal.

Like the gun, but can't even use it for a pistol class due to needing cleaned.
As an fyi, I do lube it per the m9  -10
Anyone else have this issue?  Lastly, anyone know where to get some nice wood grips for it?

Txl
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I was in the mil for 23 years and hated this gun. get a glock! Go to the dark side! We have cookies!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have the brig.

Nice gun, but not for long term use without lots of cleaning. After 250 rounds or so, the slide starts to slow down. It becomes an issue. Clean it, back to normal.

Anyone else have this issue?  Lastly, anyone know where to get some nice wood grips for it?

Txl
View Quote

Do you actually have problems with it when it starts to move slower? Never in all the times I have used a 92 or read about them did they stop running after getting a little slow going into battery.  Just wondering not be sarcastic or condescending :)
Mom found set for there Inox on ebay that needed a little sanding and stain, factory Berreta.  They are only useful for looking good and we just hated them when holding and shooting the gun. If your going to put fat grips on it try houges soft rubber ones.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I love mine, very sexy looking, very reliable and accurate, and low felt recoil for fast follow up shots. You can thread the factory barrel for a suppressor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I have my inox compact with rail, it's my edc and favorite pistol. Mounted up a tlr and had a custom kydek holster made for it, such a smooth pistol to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have the brig.

Txl
View Quote

I don't have this issue with either of my berettas. I don't over oil them, just a light coat and a little extra dab on the locking block and that's it.

Check out vz grips, mostly they are g10 but they started offering wood grips too. I have a set of the Black and Tan g10 tactical slants on mine and love them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:03:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have the brig.

Txl
View Quote

Strange, I used mine for my basic police academy as well as basic pistol instructor course back in the early 90's and never cleaned it during either class. We easily fired close to 1000 rds during each class and mine never malfunctioned once (and I had to use cheap, dirty Norinco FMJ during the instructor class).
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm pretty sure I've let my M9 go a lot longer than that inbetween cleanings and never noticed any issues.  That is kind of a shocker because from what I can tell this platform is a very reliable one.  Not saying it's not true, just saying it doesn't seem to be the norm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top