Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 1:30:33 PM EDT
Does this wear look normal to you guys? I have about 1500-2000 rounds though it so far. Never had a single malfunction so far. Clean and lube every range session.

feed ramp

all 4 rails
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you run it with grease or just oil?
Regardless, the rail wear does appear to be a bit excessive.  Check your slide for burs.  I found one in an extra slide I just bought.  Your feed ramp is treateted to many swipes of case mouths so some wear should be expected.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you run it with grease or just oil?
View Quote

just oil. Mpro7 to be exact.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty normal to me. Beretta factory anodizing is pretty blah at best but it gets the job done. once you get some more miles on it you might want to consider re-anodizing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Check for burs then grease that bitch up!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks just a little excessive on the rails to me, pretty normal on the feed ramp. I would maybe try another lube? I am closing on 1500 with mine and it is not that bad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
From his other thread:

Quoted:
Dude. It's normal.

On the left is my 92G. On the right is my 92FS. Both of these are police trade-ins.

The fit and finish of Beretta 92s is very good for the price, but it only gets so good. Some spots in the finish of the aluminum are higher than others. Those high spots are gradually worn down with friction. 2,000 rounds plus X dry cycles is enough to make a lot of that happen. The finish wears and the surfaces smooth a bit. And like Matt has said, when it's done, it's done. It's not some kind of warning sign that your gun is going to fall apart.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/152161_.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]
OP - The wear looks normal, especially after that many rounds.  As the posters above have said, the anodizing they use isn't that great. If it makes you feel any better I will buy your pistol off of you for $50 and make sure it is safely retired
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, thats about how mine looks…i think I'm around 1000 through it and 1yr old
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top