Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 10:34:46 AM EDT
The local gun store has a small pile of them and I was thinking of buying one as these can apparently be made to work in a BHP. These have the plastic sleeve over the bottom half, which makes me think that they're not the old crop, and I thought I remembered reading that Promag is improving their quality. Worth a try?

[EDIT] This is to modify to work in a Browning Hi Power
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
don't waste your money.

clown
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Promag is good to make your pistol jamb for training drills. Sometimes they work, sometimes they jamb.

If you want reliability, no go.
Nevermind my previous post. Please buy the magazine (happystick) and let us know how well it works out for you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not asking for people to automatically push the put-down button.

1.) These mags look different from the promag happy sticks I've seen for sale online (these are shiny-black, mec-gar-like finish, plastic beretta-style sleeve on bottom half)

2.) Promag do make some good products. I don't recall reading a bad review on their polymer mags for .223 HK rifles for instance.

So, I'm looking for someone who has bought one of these more recent mags for their opinion, not the recycled general consensus.*

*Full disclosure, I bought a PM happy stick [matte gray finish] for my CZ and it failed. I do have plans to buy genuine CZ 26-rounders in future, but I'm not going to buy real $60-$70 Beretta mags and cut a hole in it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Midway USA had factory 15 rounders on sale for under $20 right now. Don't buy that crap
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midway USA had factory 15 rounders on sale for under $20 right now. Don't buy that crap
View Quote

Fer' crying out loud, does no-one read the OP anymore? These are not to use in a Beretta 92. They are to use in my Kareen Mk-III, because the feed angle is the same as the BHP and reportedly cutting a new mag catch allows them to work in said pistol, for which there is no happy-stick, and Mec-Gar is cutting off the supply of 20-rounders for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fer' crying out loud, does no-one read the OP anymore? These are not to use in a Beretta 92. They are to use in my Kareen Mk-III, because the feed angle is the same as the BHP and reportedly cutting a new mag catch allows them to work in said pistol, for which there is no happy-stick, and Mec-Gar is cutting off the supply of 20-rounders for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A. This is the Beretta forum, you should post this in the Browning forum.
B. Promags are shit no matter what its for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Browning forum is the appropriate place to ask about a Beretta magazine? I know the alterations I need to make, I'm asking about baseline, as used in their original, intended application. I'll reiterate:

I'm looking for experience from someone who has bought one of these new ones, with the shiny slick black finish and the plastic sleeve on the bottom half.

On second thought, never mind.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. The original post has been edited. However, this IS the beretta forum. I what do u expect?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly. The original post has been edited. However, this IS the beretta forum. I what do u expect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was asking about a Beretta pattern magazine, as in how it function in a Beretta before my modifications would be applied. Nowhere did I indicate a request for browning-specific information, and posting in the browning forum had less potential knowledge yield than here. Moreover, I received nothing in relation to my request. I received several canned responses from people with no knowledge of the specific model magazine I was inquiring about. I know that the Promag happy sticks that you all are thinking about are crap, I have personal experience there. I am asking about a magazine different in construction and finish from the ones you are thinking of.

Please, if you do not have any specific experience with the mags I have described, please do not reply. I have been told multiple times the same thing, which is no directly related to my inquiry. If you have experience with them and they are crap I will gladly listen. Otherwise, further reiteration of statements already said shall be unproductive.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top