Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2014 10:23:46 PM EDT
I just purchased 92A1 for my wife as a suppressor host for an Octane 45 that should be out of jail next month and need to purchase a threaded barrel or have the existing barrel threaded. Can anyone recommend a good place to find a barrel or have my barrel threaded? I've looked at the Gem-Tech threaded barrel, but it is out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My threaded barrel came from Gemtech.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I had mine threaded in DFW, TX area.  Make sure to measure available barrel length and communicate it clearly with your machinist, It's a snug fit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This outfit charges $90 to thread
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was investigating possibly putting my Octane 45 on my beretta 92. You'll want to know that there is a special piston for the Beretta 92.... it's the 1/2x28XL piston. The "XL" presumably stands for "extra long". It is my understanding that with the standard 1/2x28 the suppressor will hit the guide rod when the gun cycles.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_523/250451_Octane_9_and_a_Beretta_92_M9.html

Please note though that my octane is still in jail.... I haven't verified the above facts myself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was investigating possibly putting my Octane 45 on my beretta 92. You'll want to know that there is a special piston for the Beretta 92.... it's the 1/2x28XL piston. The "XL" presumably stands for "extra long". It is my understanding that with the standard 1/2x28 the suppressor will hit the guide rod when the gun cycles.

Please note though that my octane is still in jail.... I haven't verified the above facts myself.
View Quote

This is true.  I recently found this out with my Osprey 45 and had to order the XL piston.  You can also check the SilencerCo website for the special thread spec for the OEM barrel.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow! Thank you! I'm glad you said something, as I had no clue it took a different piston.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I ended up going with Allegheny Gun Works to have my barrel threaded. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality job and customer service I received! They do anything you can imagine custom wise on the Beretta 92's. I'll be send my gun back in about a week to have a Vertec job done and checkering of straps. Anyone looking for custom Beretta work, check these guys out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top