Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2014 3:59:06 PM EDT
I just got a 92A1 about a month ago and I'm looking to upgrade the grips to something with a little more aesthetic pop against the black. I've seen some cool aluminium ones but was just curious if someone knows of or has some really cool grip styles they would share

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In the world of 1911s VZ is very popular. I have a set of their Simonich tan grips for mine.

I'm sure their 92 grips are just as high quality.
https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/beretta-92
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Aluminum grips don't perform well in the summer when one's palms are sweating. The VZ-style grips are both nice looking as well as great performing grips.

Keep in mind there's many companies out there making VZ-style grips.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the VZ grips a few months ago for my 92a1. I love the feel and grip a lot better. The original plastic ones seemed to be a little slick.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought the VZ grips a few months ago for my 92a1. I love the feel and grip a lot better. The original plastic ones seemed to be a little slick.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7332/13632186833_98f38bd0d0_c.jpg

View Quote

Do the grips increase or decrease the size or  feel of the grip ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It feels about the same. I did use my digital calipers on them before installing. They are slightly slimmer then the stock grips. However I forgot the measurements but I cant really feel the difference in thickness.
I have twice the grip I had before, and does not feel like its slipping out of my hands. Definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably not what you are looking for but here's my 92A1.  It definitely "pops" LOL.  These Hogue wraparounds make gripping the 92 soooo much better.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably not what you are looking for but here's my 92A1.  It definitely "pops" LOL.  These Hogue wraparounds make gripping the 92 soooo much better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Brandiwynter/IMG_0103_zps8093ba5f.jpg
View Quote

I myself run the Hogue wrap around grips on my M9A1 and i love the way it feels. I couldnt picture many other grips feeling the way these do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I myself run the Hogue wrap around grips on my M9A1 and i love the way it feels. I couldnt picture many other grips feeling the way these do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/Brandiwynter/IMG_0103_zps8093ba5f.jpg

Where do you buy the hogue grips
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, I ordered mine off Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the beretta grips I just wish I knew where to get regular screw heads for them
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I had factory aluminum grips from the custom shop.

They worked very well , even when my hands were sweaty. Much better than plastic. Very thin profile
I tried wood panel grips , too thick

I regret selling my 92a1
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It feels about the same. I did use my digital calipers on them before installing. They are slightly slimmer then the stock grips. However I forgot the measurements but I cant really feel the difference in thickness.
I have twice the grip I had before, and does not feel like its slipping out of my hands. Definitely worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will echo this. i have the same vz's in green. does not feel slimmer but feels a LOT better. more grip gloved,naked,wet,dry, whatever.
no exactly cheap which held me back from buying for a while. shouldve bought them sooner (immediately!)
oh, and they look kick ass!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top