Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 3:42:59 PM EDT
Fellow wants to trade me his 9mm Px4 Subcompact with IWB and ammo for my 870 Express Synthetic 6 +1. With side saddle and extra trap barrel.

Never owned one. School me or tell me not to do it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
fat and heavy.  try racking the slide with that safety to see if you catch your fingers or not.  trigger isn't bad on em.  they don't have a rotating barrel in that model.  i wouldn't be upset if i had to use one but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The PX4 has never been my thing. Personally, I would pass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I appreciate it
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I own one. Its nice if you are a lefthanded shooter like me since the mag release can be flipped & safety is on both sides.

However it is far from "subcompact" it is small but far from what someone would consider a pocket pistol. Its also very heavy considering it holds 13rd of ammo (9mm flavor)

It shoots well, I mean I like mine. It has some great features but it is really dependent on what you want it for. I like the DA/SA trigger & the safety is also a decocker. If you want it for home defense it is a good home defense pistol IMO However if you are wanting it for concealed carry, I would look at something else

Its size is about comparable to a baby glock, maybe a bit bigger.

Holds plenty of ammo, able to customize it a bit(picatinny rail upfront). Easy breakdown, & able to buy a 20rd mag for it if you want. again, for home defense or target shooting it is not a bad firearm (i would personally suggest keeping the shotgun for home defense) however if you are wanting it for concealed carry, It is going to be like carrying around a brick.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top