Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2014 4:02:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Your link is broken.
http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp#.Uyo4J5K9KSN
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_96/products/465/

Will the short reach trigger work with the Wolff trigger conversion unit? Are there any plans to do external mods like checkering the front and backstrap, checkering controls, front slide serrations, ect?

Two things I would really like to see is Wilson produce Combat or Elite type slides and a small frame rail like Dawson used to sell years ago that you fit to the frame.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually see a lot of stuff I want, and it's reasonably priced. Looking forward to some upgrades.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh my...
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Damnit...I just pulled the trigger on a M9A1 today...and now I see a trigger, mag release and grips I have to have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one of the low profile safeties last night.  Any idea when they'll be back in stock?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered one of the low profile safeties last night.  Any idea when they'll be back in stock?
View Quote

They haven't been in stock yet, they're probably still in the production stages on them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damnit...I just pulled the trigger on a M9A1 today...and now I see a trigger, mag release and grips I have to have.
View Quote

I am not a fan of the mag release. A giant WC logo for a mag release seems kind of blingy to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been in the fence regarding the 92 series...now I want one.

There will be a 92a1 in my future and it will go to Wilson.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am not a fan of the mag release. A giant WC logo for a mag release seems kind of blingy to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is, but the larger release itself would be very useful to me.

I have girly hands.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I would recommend the short trigger and the trigger return spring
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would recommend the short trigger and the trigger return spring
View Quote

Those are the two parts I'll definitely be getting.
MAYBE the mag release, though I'd prefer one without their logo.
MAYBE some grips.
MAYBE the low profile safety.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my first thought as well.  I'd much rather it not have the logo.  Looking at the pic of the 92 in the link they posted and it appears to have a checkered mag release.  Maybe a prototype?  Hopefully it will be an option later.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That was my first thought as well.  I'd much rather it not have the logo.  Looking at the pic of the 92 in the link they posted and it appears to have a checkered mag release.  Maybe a prototype?  Hopefully it will be an option later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]
The one they have on the custom gun looks to be the factory Beretta oversized mag release. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/982953/beretta-magazine-release-oversized-92-96-series-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

The WC release would be nice if it matched the checkering they offer on the front and back strap rather then having a logo on it. The photo on WC page showing their release is interesting though because it looks like a photo shop. Not a real image of their mag release. If it is maybe there is hope and they will change it to something more practical.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Oversize-Steel-Magazine-Release-Beretta-92_96/productinfo/638/

Speaking of checkering it would be nice if the front of the fluted guide rod was also checkered. It would be a small little touch that would look great in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#17]
nice direction......glad some still have faith in the design.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
This renews my hope that Beretta won't fall by the wayside.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#19]
SAO conversion!!!! PLeezpleezpleezpleezpleez?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I best put that 92FS back together and send it off.  Dangit.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In addition to all we do with 1911's, Scatterguns and AR's, I'm here to make it official that Wilson Combat is entering  the custom Beretta handgun world with a list of part, accessories, and custom work available on the 90 series pistols. Here is link to our BERETTA section....

WC/BERETTA

While we have years of knowledge and experience with the platform, we also have enlisted the help of 1998 IDPA National Champion and BERETTA innovator Ernie Langdon as technical advisor for the project.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/new-images/handguns/beretta/langdon.jpg
Ernest Langdon with Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat Gunsmiths
(Left to right: Jim Wilson, Jared Phillips, Ernest Langdon, Bill Wilson, Kevin Hillhouse)

Ernie brings a depth of knowledge regarding the 92 platform that is unmatched in the industry. We are very pleased to have him on board. Look for more exciting products to unfold in the future!
View Quote

Great.    Now I need to completely change my 92A1 review and say it sucks because it's not the Wilson Combat version!  

Link Posted: 3/23/2014 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Very cool. Do you make a captured metal guide rod for the 92A1?
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered the trigger spring upgrade. Hopefully it's smoother than the Wolff unit that it appears to be based on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Awesome
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I ordered the trigger spring upgrade. Hopefully it's smoother than the Wolff unit that it appears to be based on.
View Quote

As far as I can tell, they're just reselling the Wolff unit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I'm hoping this part helps the feel:
Cam and Pin Coated with Robar NP3 for improved lubricity
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know how it works for you, the trigger return spring in my 92G is weak and fails to reset the trigger one out of maybe twenty times.. I'm trying to decide if the Wolff unit is worth it, or just replacing the OEM spring and getting a couple spares.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is indeed just the Wolff unit. This is what I received from Wilson Combat today:
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#29]
After installing it, in all fairness, it's a lot smoother than I remember the last one I had being. The last one was so gritty that I took it out and put the OEM spring back in. This one is good to go.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I could defiantly go for a "G"  conversion for my 92a1. Hopefully they will be able to locate a steady supply of the needed parts.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I could defiantly go for a "G"  conversion for my 92a1. Hopefully they will be able to locate a steady supply of the needed parts.
View Quote

I'm not 100% sure but I think the G conversion is just some milling to the slide, not specialized parts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The G conversion will take new parts, AND modifying your slide. The modifications to the slide are internal, but it is not reversible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the G conversion is just some milling to the slide, not specialized parts.

The G conversion will take new parts, AND modifying your slide. The modifications to the slide are internal, but it is not reversible.

This is something I would like to have done on my M9A1 (and, maybe my old Italian INOX).
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Butter fingers
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. I'm glad to see that WC has worked with Josh at AGW on some of this stuff, he's basically the pioneer of that conversion (and a huge boon to the Beretta community).
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is something I would like to have done on my M9A1 (and, maybe my old Italian INOX).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just bought a 92G slide for my M9A1.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump.

Can anyone who has purchased the new mods let us know how you like them?

I'm looking at buying several items for my 92FS, and I'll post a mini-review when I get them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but I'll be doing this.  Should have tried harder and bought a G in the first place.  Carried the standard gun on deployment, fine pistol but all I ever did was worry the safety was engaged or avoid senior NCOs who had nothing better to do than not understand pistols and tell me "my safety was off".
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone know if they ship partial orders or wait until everything is in stock?  I ordered several of the Beretta parts last weekend and nothing has shipped yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Same. I'm getting ready to order a couple thing just want to know how long it's going to take to ship stuff out. I wish they would put some sort of time frame or something on their site
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a low profile safety within a day or two (March 19) of the announcement, but haven't heard anything yet.  I really wish companies would have stock on hand when they make these sorts of announcements, but oh well, what can you do.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:41:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is an old post, but the Wolff unit (which is the same as already stated) is NP3 coated as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#43]
wonder if they can do the bushing setup or some other accuracy enhancing services.

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Will the short reach trigger work in a D series?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Will the short reach trigger work in a D series?
View Quote

It should. I'm pretty sure that the frame parts are interchangeable between an FS, D, or G model and that the parts that make the different models function they way that they do are all located in the slide. So, if you want to convert your D model later, all you should need to do is buy an FS or G slide (and maybe a hew hammer if you really want), drop the barrel in, and put it on your D frame and be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#46]
My 92A1 arrived down at Wilson on Monday for the Custom Carry Package.  I'll post pics (and a review once I get some trigger time) when it comes back....
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My 92A1 arrived down at Wilson on Monday for the Custom Carry Package.  I'll post pics (and a review once I get some trigger time) when it comes back....
View Quote

Very much looking forward to it before I take the plunge with my 92FS. It really needs a new finish job. And I want the front sight squared away too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't wait   :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got my 92A1 this week and saving up for the W conversion CC Package in a few months.  Will be waiting for your report with great anticipation.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I ordered a low profile safety within a day or two (March 19) of the announcement, but haven't heard anything yet.  I really wish companies would have stock on hand when they make these sorts of announcements, but oh well, what can you do.
View Quote

^^This .Big announcement but they still don't have jack in stock .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top