Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2012 4:23:29 PM EDT
I was at a  pawn shop. and they had new in the wrapping(some cardboard with plastic wrap on the inside) 92fs mags. im just wondering what a person should pay for those the ones people unwrapped to see what they were were dated 12/05.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
USGI contract Airtronics mags, I wouldn't pay more than $15 new.

OEM Beretta PB / MDS or MecGar mags I wouldn't pay more than $25 new.

They can sometimes be found cheaper online.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm cheaper than TrackSol

I wouldn't pay over $10 for a NIW Checkmate/Airtronics mag, and $5 for a used one. Used ones usually have worn out springs, and a new Wolff spring is about $7.

For 15-round PB/MDS/Mec-Gar I draw the line at $18 NIW and $13 used.

For Mec-Gar 18-20 rounders or PB PVD M9A1 mags I'll top out at $30.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Was it only Checkmate mags that had the problems? I do have one Airtronics mag, is it the same as Checkmate?  Also I have a few Mecgar 18 rounders that seem ok, anyone have problems with these?  thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys. this pawn shop was charging 34 bucks per niw mag. i thought if the price that they are worth was close to his i would see if i could barter with them but the price is just to far away. i have had checkmate mags in the past and they have worked great. i had one that would feed hollow points but worked great for anything else
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was it only Checkmate mags that had the problems? I do have one Airtronics mag, is it the same as Checkmate?  Also I have a few Mecgar 18 rounders that seem ok, anyone have problems with these?  thanks

Pre 02/04 Checkmates had issues in the desert. They have heavy parkerization inside the magazine which combined with the Middle East's fine sand would bind magazine springs. Post 02/04 Checkmates have a different finish, and the issue is fixed. Even so, they will work perfectly fine if you aren't in desert combat.

Mec-Gar are the best magazines you can get along with factory Beretta/MDS magazines.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Real deal factory mags at Midway for $17.99 .
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Was it only Checkmate mags that had the problems?

Only with sand. I ran Checkmate mags for years in my USPSA 92FS & never, ever had ONE mag related problem in years of using them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#8]
CDNN has a sale this weekend for what they list are Factory Italian-made Beretta 92 15rd magazines for $14.99.  They are more than likely "M.D.S." magazines, can't tell by the catalog number or picture.  M.D.S. mags are great and completely reliable, can't go wrong either way.  Look under their "Specials" tab.  Shipping is $6.00 for everything.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top