Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 6:35:57 PM EDT
I'm new to the P320.  I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon after it won the MHS contract, just to see what all the fuss was about.  I am so glad I did!  I've been a Glock fanboy for a decade, and now I am thinking of moving wholesale to the P320 platform.  It just feels perfect in my hands.  But I've got to say, it is way more confusing than the Glock world.  I've been trying to figure out what "generation" the P320 is on, and it doesn't seem like that type of classification works with the P320, like it does with the Glock.  So, can you guys help out a P320 newbie and let me know what changes have been made to the P320 at the factory?  I bet there's a lot of other folks out there that would appreciate that knowledge as well.

Along those same lines, I picked up a used P320 Compact with a manufacture date of June 5, 2015.  I would like to know what factory updates I've missed out on, and if I should get those updates added to my P320.

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a gen 1 and 2 p250.

They were both equally horrible. But the grip texture and shape on your 320 is a result of that change.

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a gen 1 and 2 p250.

They were both equally horrible.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/sig_p_250_compact-tfb.jpg
View Quote
Disagree completely.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
320 and 250 are two different guns. Very Different trigger systems and manual of arms.  Only thing that is similar is the frame.  There really isn't a gen 1 or gen 2 320.  They have made slight changes to some components like a smaller take down lever and smaller slide stop.  They have also made slight changes to the slide in terms of very slight weight differences.  Not really very noticeable.  If you want to think of a gen 2 320, it would be the new x-series they are launching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top