Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 8:23:55 PM EDT
Local offering for $400.  Was supposedly an Israeli police turn-in.  Some definite external wear but he says it runs fine (and I see nothing to suggest it wouldn't).  JK date code says 1989 production?  (W.Germany)
Other than the finish wear, the only negative is the Sarco import stamp on the underside.

I thought it might make a nice little brother for my P220, since my oldest boy stole away my old P226, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the P228 (beyond the basics).  
Any reason to stay away from them?  Any known issues I should look for?

...it's not like I "need" another pistol...but...well...you know.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone should have a P228 in their collection. The P228 has served the world over including current service in the US military. They are accurate and reliable.

At $400 I would run, not walk to pick it up. There are plenty of parts kits on eBay and as for the finish you can always have it cerakoted. If you want to spend a little more you can send it to Robar and get their NP3 finish on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't talk you out of it but will say if some one manages to let me know and I will take your place
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
get it,great pistol
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
He sent me pics this afternoon...
Soon after posting here, I replied to say I'd take it...
Too late.  Someone beat me to it.

There's a lesson here.

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell of a price on a 228, even an Israeli.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I would of sprinted for that kind of deal, you missed out man.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would of sprinted for that kind of deal, you missed out man.
View Quote
Yep. Even in rough shape $400 for a real P228 is a good buy. The parts are becoming hard to come by. I got lucky a few years back I ordered a complete parts kit off eBay back when parts where more common, the guy sent me two kits. I reached out to him to send one back and he told me not to worry about it. I bet he is kicking himself now. The locking blocks alone are selling for $50 each. Breech blocks are going for $90. If I would have known parts would be so hard to come by I would have bought a few kits and slides.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
If you have to get on a forum to ask if its a good deal, its too late.  Someone else always buys it!

Thats why I always buy first, ask questions later.

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It ain't anything special.  No loss.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy it. Great gun. You won't be disappointed like you would with a Glock..
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought about getting one when they had them but most were pretty beat up and I am sure the slides/rails were not maintained/oiled. A friend of mine got one and  the barrel had minimal rifling left and the finish on the rails/frame was just about gone. Yeah it's only $400.00 but you will need to put more into it to get it running right. Newer models run around $500.00-600.00 used. They are not the originals but if you want something you can enjoy with lots of life left,it might be the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top