Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 4:00:45 PM EDT
Let me start by saying I'm more of a Beretta guy (booo, hiss!) but I've been curious about the 'new' P320/M17 after it got a bit more notoriety with MHS and a ton of positive things I've seen and heard about them since.

I've been looking into trying out a P320/M17 and was confused on how to get the correct configuration. I see the M18 is the compact slide/frame and the 17 looks to be a full size slide with the compact frame, which is what I'm after. From what I've seen online, that configuration doesn't seem to be available, or at least I can't find it.  

So with that, a few questions:

- Trigger pack. Do all of the SIGS have them or is there a specific/newer model (all P320?) that do? My friend's P226 doesn't and is set up with regular firing mechanism parts. How do you get the trigger pack which is what I am assuming you need for the P320/M17?

- I saw in a thread here that you can just buy the compact polymer frame from SIG for like $50. So with that, do you simply buy a FDE fullsize P320, switch out the frame and trigger pack and done?

- Assuming this will work, are there any other real differences between 'building' the pistol this way, and waiting for a 'real' M17 aside from FDE finish and the lock out mechanism?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let me start by saying I'm more of a Beretta guy (booo, hiss!) but I've been curious about the 'new' P320/M17 after it got a bit more notoriety with MHS and a ton of positive things I've seen and heard about them since.

I've been looking into trying out a P320/M17 and was confused on how to get the correct configuration. I see the M18 is the compact slide/frame and the 17 looks to be a full size slide with the compact frame, which is what I'm after. From what I've seen online, that configuration doesn't seem to be available, or at least I can't find it.  

So with that, a few questions:

- Trigger pack. Do all of the SIGS have them or is there a specific/newer model (all P320?) that do? My friend's P226 doesn't and is set up with regular firing mechanism parts. How do you get the trigger pack which is what I am assuming you need for the P320/M17?

- I saw in a thread here that you can just buy the compact polymer frame from SIG for like $50. So with that, do you simply buy a FDE fullsize P320, switch out the frame and trigger pack and done?

- Assuming this will work, are there any other real differences between 'building' the pistol this way, and waiting for a 'real' M17 aside from FDE finish and the lock out mechanism?

Thanks for the help.
View Quote

Ok, I'll step in here.

#1. Only the Sig P320 (and it's predecessor the discontinued P250) have the modular swappable trigger pack.

#2. Yes

#3. Supposedly the M17's internal components are more "high end" (according to what a vender told a dealer here).  No specifics as to how though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Putting a full side slide on a CARRY frame will get you the M17 profile, but you'll need a fire control module with a safety. Which is only currently available in compact. And black.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Putting a full side slide on a CARRY frame will get you the M17 profile
View Quote
correct.  Is the M18 a CARRY or COMPACT frame?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure it's a carry frame too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

3. You can build a similar configuration, but if you want all the features of the M17/M18 (internal coatings, safety, deltapoint pro mounting*, etc...) sounds like you'll need to wait for the civilian release.

*The M series was designed to mount the Leupold Deltapoint Pro, not the SIG Romeo that's currently being offered.
View Quote
Anyone know when this will be?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol

*snort*

Lololololololol

Ahem, no. No one knows. It's hard enough to get spare grip modules.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm guessing will be introduced at 2018 shot, and will take 3 - 9 months from then to actually be released!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top