Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 1:04:53 AM EDT
Just recently picked up a new P226 ASE. It's a pretty new offering from Sig and comes with all the Elite features such as SRT, SigLite night sights, front serrations, extended beavertail, and wooden grip. The "Alloy" in the name means that the frame is the regular aluminum but in a stainless style finish, so it weighs the same as a regular P226 and can be had for under $900. It was recently added to Sig's website here.  

Here is a pic
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep it's one beautiful pistol. Love the extended beavertail.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I carried a stainless Elite 226 for 7 years as my primary duty weapon. That was one heavy ass gun. I bought it to help soak some of the recoil from the 40,  as that was the only caliber we could carry at the time. One of these in 9mm might be a viable duty weapon option for me now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carried a stainless Elite 226 for 7 years as my primary duty weapon. That was one heavy ass gun. I bought it to help soak some of the recoil from the 40,  as that was the only caliber we could carry at the time. One of these in 9mm might be a viable duty weapon option for me now.
View Quote
This is even lighter than a full stainless since it's the alloy stainless meaning the frame is the regular, lighter aluminum.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at getting one of these ASE's in a 229. I have a stainless elite 226 and it's as nice to shoot as it is to look at. I've never carried it due to how chunky it is though. It looks like they shave a good 5ish ounces off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A thing of beauty.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A thing of beauty.
View Quote
Thanks! It's my first DA/SA and I'm really loving it. Best part though is that all the Elite features and stainless appearance for under $900
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top