Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2017 10:06:00 AM EDT
Right now I can get either a full size or compact P320 FDE with night sights right at $460. Is this something I should jump on?

ETA: bought it!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO - YES.
I have the full size I use for USPSA and purchased the carry conversion kit for when I want to EDC.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I would buy the compact and get the carry grip frame.  That's a good price.  IOP  pricing?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Compact is the most flexible of the 320
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would buy the compact and get the carry grip frame.  That's a good price.  IOP  pricing?
View Quote
Just a sale at the Base Exchange 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's an excellent price. I agree that the compact is the best size.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's pretty good then.  IOP is a little more but comes with 3 mags.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess this is another bandwagon I'm gonna get passed by. I have shot them both and just don't see what all the noise is about. Like most Sigs they don't fit my hands all that well, but across the board, I'm just not impressed with them. I would rather have a CZ off the top of my head.

And the oooh oooh it's the military gun......gotta have it is lost on me as well.

BUT.........IF YOU LIKE IT...........buy them all. More power to ya!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's pretty good then.  IOP is a little more but comes with 3 mags.
View Quote
These also come with 3 mags. 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the trigger like on these things?  Pull weight, take up, over travel, reset?

I'm getting curious about this thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an FDE C.  It's a great pistol.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You need it.  At that price you have no excuse.

If your mission is home defense go with full-size.  If your mission is concealed carry go with the compact.

You can always slap the higher capacity magazines into the compact frame.  I routinely shoot the 17 & 21 round capacity (9x19mm) magazines in my P320C without any problem at all.  I carry a flush 15-rounder in the gun for concealment purposes but my spare mag(s) are always the 21-rounders.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What is the trigger like on these things?  Pull weight, take up, over travel, reset?

View Quote
While I can't answer your trigger question with specifics, I can say the trigger is one of the things that made me switch from Glocks.  I have felt striker fire triggers from numerous different makers and the P320 is my favorite.  Its not just one thing that makes me like it but a combination of several; feel, trigger, accuracy, ease of follow up shots, ambidextrous controls, and ease of maintenance.  When I was first offered a chance to shoot one I turned it down.  Thought it was an ugly pistol, I was happy with my Glocks, and I didn't care much for Sig (even though I do own one of their 1911's).  But after some coaxing I gave in.  About a 100rds later I told my FFL to order me one.  My favorite is the carry configuration but I plan on getting several more in different sizes and calibers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Aside from the P7, this is the best striker fired trigger I've ever shot.  I've got a few tuned up stock triggers on glocks, and honestly the P320 out of the box is way nicer.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These also come with 3 mags. 
View Quote
FO!!!!!  FO HARD!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I fent!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
And with new gen mags!  Good score.  How's the fde frame holding up.  They tend to scratch easily on the black ones.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Compact fits my huge hands very well.  I bought two.  

The Carry model .45 with the slightly longer grip frame does make a difference.  

Tough decision.  Get both.  

Looking to pick up a used RMR full sized version from a private party very soon.  Just waiting for the numbers........
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#20]
What holster is everybody using for their P320C?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use a Theis IWB.  Started using them when the Surefire XC-1 came out because they were one of the first to offer a hybrid IWB holster for that light.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#23]
K-T Mech. Great quality, great prices, great turnaround.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't really looked for holsters yet.  Figured I'd just make a leather or kydex one for mine....but since it's a TB model with suppressor sights I got it as a range toy/host gun and not one to carry.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the 9mm Carry and like it alot.  Scary accurate, especially for a striker fired polymer gun.  I may let my Glocks and M&P go down the road.  Keep looking for a small size module but those appear to be vaporware.

CDNN has a nice leather pancake holster for $29.99.  It's listed for the 250C but fits the 320 Carry perfectly.  They have full size mags in stock as well, sorry no compacts.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Got the Apex trigger and installed it today. Doesn't feel much different. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#30]
My 320 compact spends a lot of time with a subcompact grip module.  With sleeves the 15 round mag makes it nice, but the 12 round mag makes concealment really easy.  With the subcompact grip it fits pretty nicely in all my P226/229 holsters including crossbreed supertuck.

I liked that setup so much, I got a compact small grip module, and cut/dremmeled off the rail, now it also fits in the p22x holsters.  I'm fond of the skinny grip.

The 320 has become my most carried gun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Blackpoint tactical  IWB or OWB.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I have so many various holsters but I keep finding myself buying and using these found on amazon and they work great.  I paid so much more for various holster for various pistols and for iwb I think these can't be beat for the cost.  Use them for my shields, Glocks and the 320.  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N28OMDC?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Damn, $460 for the new gen P320 compact in FDE with night sights and three new gen mags. I'm envious, man. I payed $520 for mine with contrast sights and two mags.

If you go for a kydex holster, get one made for a full size. It retains on the trigger guard, so a compact slide will fit in the full size holster just fine. But then you can also still use the same holster if you ever buy a full sized slide or a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#34]
What are these 2nd gen mags everyone is talking about?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#35]
For OWB, I use a JM kydex. I carry my p320 carry with a tlr1 HL. For IWB, I'm waiting for Clark at CNC holsters to put out their p320 AIWB

A set of trijicon HD's, a stippled grip module, and a gray guns trigger makes the thing a lights out shooter.

I've got well over 2k rounds through it with those specific mods and it's flawless. Takes zero effort to shoot and it's very forgiving with your grip. Just point and click.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got the Apex trigger and installed it today. Doesn't feel much different. 
View Quote
Which Apex trigger did you get? I know they have a couple different options, one is just a flat trigger and the Advanced Tactical version comes in curved or flat and reduces trigger pull by about 25%. I installed a flat Apex Advanced Tactical and I definitely notice a lighter trigger, I haven't shot it yet with the new trigger but will be taking it to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What are these 2nd gen mags everyone is talking about?
View Quote
Mag bodies are the same.  The base plate and detente are different.  Gen 1 mags had "Sig Sauer" and the round hole for the detente.  Gen 2 mags have "Sig" inside a circle with a square detente.  The side wings are tapered with thick portion tapering to narrower profile.  Redesigned to fit X series.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Which Apex trigger did you get? I know they have a couple different options, one is just a flat trigger and the Advanced Tactical version comes in curved or flat and reduces trigger pull by about 25%. I installed a flat Apex Advanced Tactical and I definitely notice a lighter trigger, I haven't shot it yet with the new trigger but will be taking it to the range this weekend.
View Quote
I got the Action enhancement trigger. Probably should have shot it with the original trigger first then decided on the trigger. Oh well! 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got the Action enhancement trigger. Probably should have shot it with the original trigger first then decided on the trigger. Oh well! 
View Quote
Iirc the Action enhancement trigger just changes from a curved to a flat trigger, the Advanced Tactical reduced the pull weight.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Well shit!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#41]
No it doesn't reduce the pull weight. The advanced one just ads a piece on the back of the trigger at the frame, to possibly limit over travel some. I have both and fell no difference.
The Gray Guns Flat trigger does lighten the trigger though, but it comes with a different spring. Apex also offers a curved version as well. Slightly less curve than stock trigger. Kinda between Stock and a flat trigger.
cp
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No it doesn't reduce the pull weight. The advanced one just ads a piece on the back of the trigger at the frame, to possibly limit over travel some. I have both and fell no difference.
The Gray Guns Flat trigger does lighten the trigger though, but it comes with a different spring. Apex also offers a curved version as well. Slightly less curve than stock trigger. Kinda between Stock and a flat trigger.
cp
View Quote
That is curious because the Advanced trigger is advertised as reducing pull weight by about 25%. It does this by changing the point where the trigger attaches to that rod, by placing the attachment point slightly higher it increases the leverage therefore reducing the pull weight.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-reduces-trigger-pull-weight-with-two-new-triggers-for-sig-p320/
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Honestly, maybe it does? I know it feels better and does feel lighter because of the pivot point but i was under the impression that  it actually did not reduce the weight it takes to break the trigger. I'll put a trigger pull gauge on it tonight and measure it.
One thing it does do for me for sure, is make it easier to break the trigger straight to the rear. The trigger breaks at 90 degrees so this aids the shooter and makes it easier to pill the trigger straight back thus not disturbing the sight picture.
It's a great addition for 40$ for sure.
Cp
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Honestly, maybe it does? I know it feels better and does feel lighter because of the pivot point but i was under the impression that  it actually did not reduce the weight it takes to break the trigger. I'll put a trigger pull gauge on it tonight and measure it.
One thing it does do for me for sure, is make it easier to break the trigger straight to the rear. The trigger breaks at 90 degrees so this aids the shooter and makes it easier to pill the trigger straight back thus not disturbing the sight picture.
It's a great addition for 40$ for sure.
Cp
View Quote
I can't wait to see what you find with the trigger pull gauge. I took mine out for the first time today with the Advanced trigger and I really liked it and everyone that shot it liked it too.

ETA: I agree the trigger is a great addition for the $40-50 price tag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Comp-tac MTAC.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Great buy on that!  Around my AO $500 for any of them without night sights is good.  Night sights add $80.  FDE adds $80, although that may be because of nightsights, I didn't look that closely. 

For all to know, I just go my Crossbreed Supertuk holster, minutes ago,  for the P320 9mm.  Since the .40 and .357 are the same size, you know they fit. Bonus is it also fits the .45 very nicely.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only way to describe it is addictive.  I had 7 Glocks but the first time I pulled the P320 trigger, I bought one, and at the end of the week owned three, and two less Glocks.  They say it is 6 lbs, and it feels about right.  I haven't put my scale on it yet.  It is slightly crisper than the Glock trigger.  I shot my P320/9mm and my Glock 19 side by side today.  Both guns are equally accurate.  The Glock slide still burns my hand, the Sig easily clears it.  The Glock won't always drop the empty mag, the Sig does it every time.  

When I got the 9mm, I put Magnalube G on the slide and the barrel. I have 500 rounds through it now without a hiccup, no cleaning whatsoever.  It doesn't even look dirty. (plated reloads and HST factory loads)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top