Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 8:20:49 PM EDT
I'm looking for a few extra magazines for my new P320 XFive Full size gun I just bought.
It came with four mags, However I would like to buy a few extra.
Looking on the web it seems that some people are confusing the Sig P320 Tactical 21 round mag with the new
P320 XFive mag.
The XFive mag is tapered so as to fit the extended magwell.
Any idea where to get the correct ones? It looks like the ones shown on Sigs website store are not correct if the photo they show is correct and not generic.

Next 3 photos the correct mag.

The correct mag in the photo below

The wrong mag in photo below, That I keep seeing listed by sigs web store and one listing on Gunbroker.
This mag is from a P320 Tacops.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No answer for the mags but how does it shoot? Great looking pistol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a proper one from quantico tactical
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ummmmmm....... OK  
So I looked in the EE and no dice. Can you help me further on where these hens teeth can be.

Quoted:
I got a proper one from quantico tactical
Thank you sir I will check there. Although The ones I looked at seemed not to be the correct ones.
Do you have a Sig part number on the correct ones?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have a number.  I honestly just got lucky, I didn't know there were different types when I ordered.  My guess is if you call or add a comment to the order they'll take care of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No answer for the mags but how does it shoot? Great looking pistol.
View Quote
I Have not shot it yet, I just picked it up today.
But the trigger does feel excellent or should I say better than my other P320.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally just contacted Sig themselves and ordered the correct ones.
All the places I called could not say 100% if the Sig mags they had in stock were the correct mags for the P320 X5
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If you give SIG CS your X serial number they will ship you the right floorplate. Then just change it out yourself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you give SIG CS your X serial number they will ship you the right floorplate. Then just change it out yourself.
View Quote
Let me start by saying I have several different P320 guns.
I have a P320 tacops that came with 4 mags also that will not fit the p320 xfive that has four mags that I also have.
However the p320 x five mags seem to fit the p320 Tacops.
I wonder what Sig will charge if I just get the new universal floor plates from them and retro fit the tacops mags ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]
The last 21 round mag I purchased from Top Gun Supply, 6-22-17, had the beveled upper lips.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a nice looking gun OP. I had no idea the mags were different.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]
The 21round mag bodies are all the same. The Tactical 21 round mag and XFive mag are the same.  The difference is the plastic mag base.

You want to use all the mags in all the guns?  Easy, order standard 15 or 17 mag base pads for the 21's and replace them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Wanted to follow up on my post above.  

I found out SIG has changed the base plates on the P320 magazines and now has yet another "new" generation of magazines and base plates out there.  

There are mags out that were made for the early P250 and have a different base plate that won't work in a P320.  I've never seen one of these, and doubt many are still for sale.  I'm guessing the mag bodies are the same and will work in a P320 with a base plate upgrade.

The "gen 1" P320 mags have a round hole in the base plate, and a few companies make base plate pads and extensions for these.  The 21 round mags I saw were like this, and took the same plate as a 15 round compact (after the large plastic plate was removed).

SIG has a new style of P320 magazines with a rectangle hole in the pad.  The new 9mm 17 round mags come with this pad.  Not sure what kind of base plate is on the newest 21 XFive mags.  I would think a standard base pad could replace the large plastic piece.  Just need to match the style of holes on the mag.  

Info from a base pad maker:  Obsidianarms
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#14]
The original Gen 1 P250 baseplates were flat on the sides; they did not have the ears. I'd be interested to know if those baseplates would fit the X-5 grip module. Seems they would.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is the correct part number on the XFive mags barcode sticker pictured below, I received from Sig themselves after I ordered from them direct.
Hope this helps other XFive owners.

I can not confirm it, But I think this new style 21 round  mag pictured below will work with both the P320 XFive and the P320 Tacops, But as I said I cannot confirm this. And also it appears that just the base plates are different and not the mag body's between the two different style 21 round P320 magazines.

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#16]
How much per? Just bought the 320X5 today and my friend is already trying to get a 21rd mag from me for his 320.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How much per? Just bought the 320X5 today and my friend is already trying to get a 21rd mag from me for his 320.
View Quote
I ordered from Sig directly at first and they were around $48 a piece IIRC.
I then got more at Qantico tactical and those cost about $38 apiece IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top