Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 4:38:54 PM EDT
Just stopped by a local shop that had a Sig P210 for sale on consignment. Wasn't ever interested in them, but after seeing it in person I am intrigued. Its obviously not a new production "Legend" and it has wood grips. Where do I start on assessing its value? Any wear items that would show evidence of abuse or high round count? Are they really worth spending a couple grand when I could use that same money to buy that USP Expert I've been saving for along with a G3 parts kit? I don't even know what I would do with it, besides target shoot once in a blue moon. But damn, it is piece of art.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They're like a vintage Ferrari, IMO. Well built, shoot like lasers & hold their value.

As for wear, look for the usual signs: bore wear, bbl hood wear, slide wear, etc.

I had one for a couple of years but only shot it twice. I got horrible hammer bite with it as it had the shorter spur rather than the longer one of the Legend model.

Mags with run around $150 each, so keep that in mind as well. The Legend mags will NOT work in the original 210 models.

I ended up selling mine & funding a Freedom Arms revolver in .22LR/.22 mag.

Were I ever to buy another one, I'd go with the Legend model.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the insight. I haven't convinced myself that I want it bad enough to pay the premium just yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Any update? I was on GB the other day and some go for upwards of $6k
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I like mine.

I even carry the top one from time to time for giggles.

Are they  worth it? I think so. But that's subjective. And they are pricey.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/jackflagusa/SIG/342aebba-bc4e-406b-9fab-bcbf214c6fd9_zpsjggqdoag.jpg

I even carry the top one from time to time for giggles.

Are they  worth it? I think so. But that's subjective. And they are pricey.
View Quote
Very nice. I see you have an affinity for Swiss things. You wouldn't have a PE-57/STGW-57/Sig 510 by chance?

I'm going to wait till I get home from vacation and see if I still have a desire to spend an excessive amount of money for a pistol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Very nice. I see you have an affinity for Swiss things. You wouldn't have a PE-57/STGW-57/Sig 510 by chance?

I'm going to wait till I get home from vacation and see if I still have a desire to spend an excessive amount of money for a pistol.
View Quote
Ha. I wish. That would be freaking awesome if I had one.

Among other things. I do have an SG 553 (in pistol form) at the moment. That thing wasn't cheap either.

======
I agree it's a lot of coin. Good idea to wait a bit and see. Ask me how I know it's sometimes not a good idea to buy something (especially really expensive things) and then the initial awesome wears off.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
A weird bit of synchronicity, I was putting together some screen caps of various reloading, firearm articles to share and find your inquiry about the Sig P210 pistol . Which caliber was the one you were looking at in 9mm , 7.65mm or .22 rimfire?

Hopefully the article I posted will help convince you to buy(everyone should feed their habit , even if you sell it in few years for what you have in it),  just remember it was written back when revolvers were king. Note the use of the "term "magazine"  referring to carrying a round "in the chamber" as we say today.

If you download the old issues, you'll notice  as informative as the articles  are,  you can see certain lingering  old school gun opinions and vocabulary influencing things. Some of the police debates on carry pieces and placements are an interesting read. Sadly departments suffer some of the same problems back then as they do today.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're like a vintage Ferrari, IMO. Well built, shoot like lasers & hold their value.

As for wear, look for the usual signs: bore wear, bbl hood wear, slide wear, etc.

I had one for a couple of years but only shot it twice. I got horrible hammer bite with it as it had the shorter spur rather than the longer one of the Legend model.

Mags with run around $150 each, so keep that in mind as well. The Legend mags will NOT work in the original 210 models.

My .o2
View Quote
I have a 210-6. It had the worst hammer bite I have ever seen. Then I found the accessory frame extension, which does a very nice job of protecting my hand. It is easily the most accurate 9mm I have. My wife uses it to beat all the men in the local, little club pistol matches.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My .o2
View Quote
Easily remedied with a bolt on beavertail.  The trouble is finding one, not in installing it!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Some months ago I got bitten by that bug.

210 - 6, seems not to be shot much.

Mags are expensive, over € 100, some going € 185 on auctions!

Still I managed to get some spare parts for reasonable prices by careful shopping around.

I shot without beavertail, got a red spot on web of hand, now have beavertail. Look up "Triebel" in Germany.

Trigger is very smooth, but is a real two stage, you have to get used to it.

Accuracy not fully evaluated, I´ll try Geco "Select", swiss made next time. It´s guaranteed for 4" / 50 m from test bbl. We´ll see.

This is NOT a gun for carry!! ( although it´s surprisingly flat and nimble )

Safety "unusable", hammer cocking not easy ( with beavertail even less ), mag change slow.

But it SHOOTS!

Please  take care, it´s RUMOUR: the new ones ( called the "German" ones ) are very well finished on the outside. But for the steep price tag, there are always several on sale USED! Rumour has it, that they shoot good, but not shot - out old ones ( the "Swiss" ones ) shoot better and occasionally spectacular.

Just my 2 cts, Hermann
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A weird bit of synchronicity, I was putting together some screen caps of various reloading, firearm articles to share and find your inquiry about the Sig P210 pistol . Which caliber was the one you were looking at in 9mm , 7.65mm or .22 rimfire?

Hopefully the article I posted will help convince you to buy(everyone should feed their habit , even if you sell it in few years for what you have in it),  just remember it was written back when revolvers were king. Note the use of the "term "magazine"  referring to carrying a round "in the chamber" as we say today.

If you download the old issues, you'll notice  as informative as the articles  are,  you can see certain lingering  old school gun opinions and vocabulary influencing things. Some of the police debates on carry pieces and placements are an interesting read. Sadly departments suffer some of the same problems back then as they do today.
View Quote
Sorry for the late reply. I kind of forgot about this (I guess that means I'm not obsessed enough to purchase it, if it's even still at the shop). It was a 9mm version. In the end this pistol would end up being just a trophy piece that would rarely get shot. I like shooting more than collecting, so I'm going to pass.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Good call on passing on it.  

For that kind of money, you have a ton of options.  People that want the 210 know they want the 210, because it's a 210.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I just looked up P210 prices on gunbroker.

Ho-lee-carp.

I knew they were spendy, but I didn't know they made Lugers look cheap
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a SIG P210-4 that I gifted to my son when he was admitted into med school and replaced it with a P210-6. I actually prefer the P210-4 over the fickle -6 sports trigger and shot both pistols extensively. They are not fast blasters but extremely accurate and well made precision guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top