Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:00:33 PM EDT
Seems like the x5 is the way to go then get other grip modules or x change kits down the line? Maybe sub compact grip and compact x change kit?
Seems like the variations between some versions are small and I need a scratch pad reading the threads to keep up.

Any guidance appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends what you want out of it.

Are you looking for ccw, competition, duty weapon, SHTF handgun?

I went with a full size to have the longer slide and swapped the compact grip for ccw.

You can do compact and throw a carry grip OR a sub compact grip but then you will have to get the full size mags for the carry. This gun alone gives you MANY possibilities.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Im happy with, and plan on sticking with, compacts. 

I may consider getting a full size exchange kit, but only to dabble with it. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends what you want out of it.

Are you looking for ccw, competition, duty weapon, SHTF handgun?

I went with a full size to have the longer slide and swapped the compact grip for ccw.

You can do compact and throw a carry grip OR a sub compact grip but then you will have to get the full size mags for the carry. This gun alone gives you MANY possibilities.
View Quote
I started with a full size and purchased the carry conversion kit. I currently only use it (full size) for competition as I like my 225-A1 for EDC.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I started with the carry model.  My primary purpose was for cc so that and the compact were the only 2 I was considering.  Later I got to hold a full size 9mm and thought it felt nose heavy.  A full 17rd/21rd mag might correct that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a carry.  I found a lightly used one shortly after the announcement and snagged it.  I'm sure I would have been just as happy with a compact.  The carry is a quarter of an inch taller and gives you two more rounds.  

As far as the modularity thing is concerned, good luck.  Just about everything is back ordered.  Small grip modules appear to be vaporware.  Whenever anything shows up it sells out within a day.  SIG may get caught up some day, but that day appears to be down the road.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have huge hands, but find the 9mm Compact with M grip fits very well.  Call it the Glock 19 of the P320 world.  I may change to L frame if I ever get my hands on one. 

Starting with any one of these will set the course to more of them, so beware!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
i only have a full size atm

want to buy a compact but not sure if its worth another $500 when i already have a compact grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top