Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:07:29 PM EDT
If someone who has both a 45 and a 9/40/357 P320 can do me a favor and take a few pics for me of the FCUs side by side I would appreciate it. Bonus points if you throw a ruler in the pic. Im looking for the following pics. 

Top down
Left Side (lay them on their side and have them side by side)
Right Side (same as above)
Bottom

keep all the parts in them, no need to strip em down. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
DIDnt see a side by side comparison of he FCU in there. 
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both. Going to be a late day of work for me, I'll try to get a pic of them tonight for you if no one else has done it so far.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both. Going to be a late day of work for me, I'll try to get a pic of them tonight for you if no one else has done it so far.
View Quote
@GSL that would be awesome. 
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Soon.  Just ordered a .45 P320 Carry a few minutes ago.  Been wringing out a P320 9mm Carry (with safety) this week.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@K1rodeoboater

Give me ten minutes to post, need to find the metal ruler.

I have calipers too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@K1rodeoboater

Give me ten minutes to post, need to find the metal ruler.

I have calipers too.
View Quote
Awesome!

If there's specific measurements I'll need I will let you know. For now a ruler  should be good enough in order to confirm or deny one of my ideas. 
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome!

If there's specific measurements I'll need I will let you know. For now a ruler  should be good enough in order to confirm or deny one of my ideas. 
View Quote
I'm a bit tired so if I messed up what you wanted, let me know any specifics for a redo.

What are you trying to do?

80% or 10mm?

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a bit tired so if I messed up what you wanted, let me know any specifics for a redo.

http://i.imgur.com/qQ72rjO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d1iLtU9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GRGsUKs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iFct7vk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tBIEOod.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9TjR6Dw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qGXftkC.jpg

What are you trying to do?

80% or 10mm?

View Quote
Thanks for the pics!  I can clearly tell that the top one is 45 and the bottom is the 9/40/357 unit.  Only difference is the take-down safety (the piece that protrudes in on the front/top left of the mag well as you look directly down on the FCU.  Remove/file that down and I bet a 45 conversion kit will work just fine on a 9mm FCU.  I might buy a 45 x-change kit and give it a shot.  Do you notice anything glaring as a difference between the two FCUs?  To me they look virtually the same from the pics, the only difference being that take-down safety.

And you nailed it.  An 80% option.  

(ETA) if the takedown safety is removed you will have to pull the trigger to disassemble the gun. I'm pretty sure the nub that sticks into the magwell is what prevents you from having a mag in the gun and being able to rotate the takedown lever. 
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Soon.  Just ordered a .45 P320 Carry a few minutes ago.  Been wringing out a P320 9mm Carry (with safety) this week.  

View Quote
@wildearp

mind posting pics of yours with the thumb safet?  I'm curious to see how they did it.  Done up close b personal like photos of a side profile and top down shot would be great. 
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#11]
@GSL if you have the barrels out again can you measure the barrel hood length with calipers on both the 9 and 45 for me.  You mentioning 10mm got my hamsters upstairs spinning. If the barrel hood length is the same Then there might be enough extra meat around then chambers to ream them a little deeper for 10mm, 460Roland, and 38super. 

Of course mags become the issue then....but with the project I'm working on that might not be an issue. 
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks GSL.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@wildearp

mind posting pics of yours with the thumb safet?  I'm curious to see how they did it.  Done up close b personal like photos of a side profile and top down shot would be great. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
If you look closely the ejector is different as well...
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you look closely the ejector is different as well...
View Quote
To be expected really, but I didn't notice that in the pics or put too much thought to it. Good catch. 

I bet if you did put a 45 exchange kit on a 9mm FCU it would probably still work. Ejection would be a bit weaker though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@GSL if you have the barrels out again can you measure the barrel hood length with calipers on both the 9 and 45 for me.  You mentioning 10mm got my hamsters upstairs spinning. If the barrel hood length is the same Then there might be enough extra meat around then chambers to ream them a little deeper for 10mm, 460Roland, and 38super. 

Of course mags become the issue then....but with the project I'm working on that might not be an issue. 
View Quote
I'll do it when I actually find where I put my calipers

Damn kids making do a scavenger hunt in their playroom full of legos
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To be expected really, but I didn't notice that in the pics or put too much thought to it. Good catch. 

I bet if you did put a 45 exchange kit on a 9mm FCU it would probably still work. Ejection would be a bit weaker though.
View Quote
The ejector is much longer on the 45, as well as taller. It's far beefier. You'd probably have better luck running a 9mm slide/barrel on a .45 FCU than the other way around. I've got both and in person it's really, really apparent how much different the ejector is...
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think SIG has ever offered 45 acp "X-Change" kits. I've been watching for almost two years and never have seen one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  I'll do it when I actually find where I put my calipers

Damn kids making do a scavenger hunt in their playroom full of legos
View Quote
Dad can play Lego too:

http://www.feinsteingewehrwerke.com/loes/stocks/mk8/instructionsVer1/instructionsVer1A.html
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think SIG has ever offered 45 acp "X-Change" kits. I've been watching for almost two years and never have seen one.
View Quote
Damn you're right. I was turning 40 into 45 in my brain. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
9MM FCU WITH SAFETY: 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I need a .357 Sig barrel now.  Everyone seems to be out of stock. Sig is $189 and backorder.  It doesn't seem like anyone makes an aftermarket barrel for them yet. 

Top to bottom, .45ACP Carry, .40 Compact, 9mm Compact.  For anyone wondering, the .45 mag doesn't fit the .40 or 9mm frame, so they have unique frames. 

This is one of the very few times I have actually sold guns to cover a purchase.  Glock 21, 22, an XD .45, and a Star Firestar .45.  I still have a Glock 21 and 4 others, so not a Glock hater. 

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The ejector is much longer on the 45, as well as taller. It's far beefier. You'd probably have better luck running a 9mm slide/barrel on a .45 FCU than the other way around. I've got both and in person it's really, really apparent how much different the ejector is...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have done the swap 9 slide assy/grip/mag to the 45 FCU, and it worked OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top