Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 9:46:40 AM EDT
This is a pic of my barrel lug after 400 rounds. Does anyone else have this ding on their barrel lug? Just noticed it while cleaning. Gun functions fine.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell what it's hitting to cause that? Should be fairly visible. Maybe it just needed a little room to move and clearanced itself? Unless it continues to get worse I wouldn't worry about it since it's not on the mating faces.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Am looking at mine now. Not a mark on it. Hard to tell from the pics, but is that gouge or blunt force damage?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
"blunt force trauma"
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
It's more like a gouge. No obvious problems or anything sticking out in the lower half that would have caused it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing the barrel got dropped at some point in time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top