Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 10:18:29 AM EDT
A work friend is selling a lightly used MK25 that only had 300 shots fired and looks great for $750.00

Is that a FO price? I never had much interest in the 226s but after holding it kinda want it .... If it's a good deal because i'd never see myself carrying a gun that size.

What do you guys that know the 226 inside and out think?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I own one,enjoy shooting it,very accurate.I say buy
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy it. I've owned two they are great pistols.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I offered $725.00
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It was an A.L. sale, I didn't want to say that if someone in my area was looking to bid against me

The guy said the mags a mec-gar and better then the factory?

Any recommendations on mags or ones to stay away from? I'm going to need more.

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Mec gar mags are GTG, and make many of the factory SIG mags.

Stay away from Promag IMHO

Nice looking MK, congrats
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice blaster.

The MECGAR extended magazines are good to go, way better than the factory 20 rounders. People always think your magazine is falling out with a factory extended mag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Mec-gar phosphated mags is what you want.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I paid $830 for mine with the SRT installed and about 250 rounds through it.

It has been a joy to shoot and I'm considering a second one set up for a suppressor.

I would buy at that price. You will be happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The extremes are more sexy if you can get past the 1300$ price tag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Its what was available for a price I was willing to pay.

Another guy has a Legion priced at $800.00 and I was thinking about offering $750.00 but noticed it was single action. Not for me.

Thanks for the mag advise guys i'm off to spend more money.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its what was available for a price I was willing to pay.

Another guy has a Legion priced at $800.00 and I was thinking about offering $750.00 but noticed it was single action. Not for me.

Thanks for the mag advise guys i'm off to spend more money.
View Quote
Wow, an SAO P226 Legion is near crazy priced at $800...
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow, an SAO P226 Legion is near crazy priced at $800...
View Quote
I never made contact with the person from that A.L. ad so don't know if it was real. Just checked the ad is gone.

Most crazy good deals are fake on that site.

My guns ad is still up because he has other guns listed on it (if you filter WI, Firearms, Handguns, Sig it will be on the first page right now anyway). The original asking was $850.00

I hope 44mag is a GTG site because I ordered (6) 18rd Mec-Gar Optimum mags last night.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It has been a joy to shoot and I'm considering a second one set up for a suppressor.

View Quote
Would you say the SR Trigger is worth the $55.00?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say it is worth it. It really shines when being rapid fired. It is still nice to be slow fired but you don't get to appreciate the shorter travel because you have the time between shots.

Unfortunately many of the ranges around me do not allow rapid fire. Shooting at slow fire it's really not all that special but when I'm able to get to a range that allows rapid fire there is a definite Improvement.

When I first got it I shot two strings of rapid-fire of about 7 rounds each and was able to keep all the hits within a 4 inch circle at 10 yards without really focusing hard on the sites.

I'm setting this up to be my home defense pistol and that rapid fire test is what sold me on it being a good decision.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never made contact with the person from that A.L. ad so don't know if it was real. Just checked the ad is gone.

Most crazy good deals are fake on that site.

My guns ad is still up because he has other guns listed on it (if you filter WI, Firearms, Handguns, Sig it will be on the first page right now anyway). The original asking was $850.00

I hope 44mag is a GTG site because I ordered (6) 18rd Mec-Gar Optimum mags last night.
View Quote
44mag is ok.  They just screwed us the day after the Newtown shooting.  I usually get mine from Greg Cote LLC.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

44mag is ok.  They just screwed us the day after the Newtown shooting.  I usually get mine from Greg Cote LLC.
View Quote
Price gouge I assume, Didn't know that.

I couldn't find a better price last night, at $21.62 ea. it was buy 4 get the 5th mag free compared to everyone else's price above $26.00 ea. And they offer $5.00 shipping.

I'm going to order the SRT
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Question for owners:

How loose is your slide to the frame? I noticed wobble side to side and wondering if it is normal.

My Sig 1911 is tight
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Price gouge I assume, Didn't know that.

I couldn't find a better price last night, at $21.62 ea. it was buy 4 get the 5th mag free compared to everyone else's price above $26.00 ea. And they offer $5.00 shipping.

I'm going to order the SRT
View Quote
I have been planning to get 5 mags. How did you get that deal for the buy 4 get 1 free? I'll definitely buy that deal.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have been planning to get 5 mags. How did you get that deal for the buy 4 get 1 free? I'll definitely buy that deal.
View Quote
I meant other sites had mags priced a bit over $5.00 more ea. so 5 mags from 44mag cost roughly the same as 4 from the other sites.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I meant other sites had mags priced a bit over $5.00 more ea. so 5 mags from 44mag cost roughly the same as 4 from the other sites.
View Quote
I got it, I liked the price and will likely still buy but I'm always looking for a deal.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mec-gar phosphated mags is what you want.
View Quote
This.  The original Mec Gar phosphate 15 rounders can't be beat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Mags and SRT arrived today

Ready for the range tomorrow morning before it is packed.

I'm not even going to drink tonite so I'm on point
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#23]
MK25 is an AWESOME gun for the range and OWB carry.  It is your battle gun.  

SRT is noticable and for me was a must have as it became an issue for me when I'd switch between SIGS with and without the SRT, so now all of mine have the SRT

The SIG 226 mags you want are the ones that say "made in Italy" on them which are usually Mecgar made.  The Checkmate "made in USA" mags have sucked over the last few years

here's mine with SRT, tru-glo front sight and Piranha SIG grips

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice looking grips.

Now that i've shot mine I noticed the seam of the two grips is a little loose. I can feel it move when I am shooting, it doesn't pitch my skin or anything just a little annoying.

Overall I'm liking the gun and the SRT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top