Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:47:57 PM EDT
Was at the local fun shop today and saw one of these sitting there.  Fingered it and put it down, rolled back about an hour later as I had to make the purchase.  First thoughts, ergonomics are great.  Feels good in the hand, nice grip texture.  Not super aggressive but not slick either. Under cut trigger guard and beaver tail are a plus.  Trigger is pretty good, will be interesting to see how it breaks in. Dawson FO front sight and adjustable rear. FOUR 21rd mags is defiantly a plus.  Going to grab some dinner and hopefully get it to the range this evening.   Here is a quick phone pic.

Will follow up with an AAR when I get back from the range.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet piece!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks a little desert eagle-ish but I kinda like it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Will be my next P320 purchase.

I'm currently jelly of you OP
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm going to smack you the next time I see you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking blaster.

Handled one at Shot Show and dry fired a few times.  I think your gonna really like the re-design of the lower frame with the trigger undercut and higher cut beaver tail.  The trigger pull is better than my stock P320 as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]
After handling the X-Five at the NRAAM I don't know why it's not the standard frame for the 320.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After handling the X-Five at the NRAAM I don't know why it's not the standard frame for the 320.
View Quote
My thought too. I don't shoot competition (yet?) but I'd like X grip module for my regular P320 slides. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Got it out for a quick range trip last night.  Only ran 200 rds through it.  100 115gr Blazer Brass and 100 124gr Speer. And ten Federal 124 +p LE rounds.  No malfunctions. I kept waiting for the slide to lock back but at 21rds per mag it just keeps right on blasting away Would like to play around with the sight adjustment more seemed to be hitting low. Still very accurate.  Points well, is balanced good.  Threw an X300 on there for a couple mags just to feel the difference.  The only thing is the trigger, now it still needs a few more rounds I think.  It is not bad by any means but is not the best either.  Time will tell.  Over all I am happy with it.  Will try to get it out again soon when I have more time.  

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you own a regular 320?

If you do own a P320. after shooting the X series model, is it worth the price difference?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you own a regular 320?

If you do own a P320. after shooting the X series model, is it worth the price difference?
View Quote
This is my first 320 series weapon

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm waiting for the VTAC version of that to come out!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#12]
That's gorgeous. I have two full size ones on order. I'd like to get the X5 but since I'm getting two and all my stuff is 1911 .45acp I can't swing it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#13]
What price range are we looking at, gents?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was $799

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone confirm if the X5 grip module will bolt up to a standard p320?

My 320's are dying for these.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Interested as well. I think I'm going to call my dealer and ok the X5 though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice pistol. I like the new grip module design and wish they would give that on every 320. The standard 320 grip looks to round and has no aesthetic appeal.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can anyone confirm if the X5 grip module will bolt up to a standard p320?

My 320's are dying for these.
View Quote
Yes, the X grip module fits a standard slide.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was $799

Sir James...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was $799

Sir James...
Where are they at that price? I'm seeing $849 everywhere.

Next question: It's high on my list to purchase. In the last few days I've handled 2, and both are having an issue with the slide going fully into battery on an empty chamber when slowly letting the slide release in a controlled manner, and I have to push it the last 1/8 inch. I've heard they are coming from the victory extremely tight.

Other 320's at the store don't have this issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does this go away after shooting?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Other 320's at the store don't have this issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? NO.  Does this go away after shooting?  YES
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really looking hard at the X5. Nice score OP.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other 320's at the store don't have this issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? NO.  Does this go away after shooting?  YES
Didn't think so but needed to ask. Thanks for the response!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#23]
No issues going into battery, no malfunctions while firing. The only thing that concerned for lack of a better word is when dry firing very slowly there sometimes is a secondary click.  Not every time and not at all when live firing. As this is my first jump into a Sig Striker fired (have other striker fired) weapons it raised my eyebrows.  I called Sig and the tech I spoke with said it was normal, the mechanics of their mechanism.  Dunno will see if it goes away after some more rounds.  Perhaps a trip to Grey Guns in the future for it.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

At one of the busier LGS, I am on the Wet Side of WA.

Sir James...

Next question: It's high on my list to purchase. In the last few days I've handled 2, and both are having an issue with the slide going fully into battery on an empty chamber when slowly letting the slide release in a controlled manner, and I have to push it the last 1/8 inch. I've heard they are coming from the victory extremely tight.

Other 320's at the store don't have this issue. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does this go away after shooting?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
This must be the first time I've heard of a tight lockup being referred to as an "issue".
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#27]
For those that have the X, what do you consider the size of the grip? Is it more of a medium or small in circumference?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For those that have the X, what do you consider the size of the grip? Is it more of a medium or small in circumference?
View Quote
It's somewhat in-between, but closer to a medium.  

But, its a completely different profile and feel, so its hard to compare.  

Definitely the best grip module we make.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No issues going into battery, no malfunctions while firing. The only thing that concerned for lack of a better word is when dry firing very slowly there sometimes is a secondary click.  Not every time and not at all when live firing. As this is my first jump into a Sig Striker fired (have other striker fired) weapons it raised my eyebrows.  I called Sig and the tech I spoke with said it was normal, the mechanics of their mechanism.  Dunno will see if it goes away after some more rounds.  Perhaps a trip to Grey Guns in the future for it.

Sir James...
View Quote
That secondary click is totally normal on 320s, mine do it too, it's not an issue. You may also notice the slide when dry firing "bump upwards" and thats also normal. Sweet score on the X5 man! I can't wait to get my hands on one. By the way, I'm still loving the 226 SAO legion you sold me, thanks again man.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's somewhat in-between, but closer to a medium.  

But, its a completely different profile and feel, so its hard to compare.  

Definitely the best grip module we make.
View Quote
Hoping the small is narrower. My strong hand thumb knuckle hits it in a funky spot by the beaver tail.

I like the gun and can work around it, but it's weird that my plastic mag Glocks are more narrow than my metal mag Sig frame.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Holy $hit it does. Like a "mini-me" Desert Eagle. I never noticed that before, but there a slight resemblance.

I did have the opertunity to shoot one this week. I really like it, but have to say I like the feel of my 320 grip a lot better. Personal preference I guess. I'll still buy one though!
Cp
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been waiting for a Shadow 2 for a new USPSA gun.....but am really considering this instead.

My only real question at this point is if there is enough aftermarket support to get the trigger where I want it.  Don't want to spend 500 bucks to get it there
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Gray guns has what you need.

The factory trigger isn't bad.  Mine has a little mush that I'm hoping will clean up a bit.
I picked my 320 X5 up this afternoon and put 500 rds through it tonight.
I had tons of FTE/stove pipe/ failure to lock back issues, that appear to be clearing up as it's getting broken in.
That said, I haven't tried any factory ammo yet.  My 124gr reloads may be a little light for this gun.  Strangely enough, my 1911 loves them.
I'll try some factory 115gr and see if it's any better.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Holy $hit it does. Like a "mini-me" Desert Eagle. I never noticed that before, but there a slight resemblance.

I did have the opertunity to shoot one this week. I really like it, but have to say I like the feel of my 320 grip a lot better. Personal preference I guess. I'll still buy one though!
Cp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cp
The P320 X5 has always reminded me of the IWI Jericho.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gray guns has what you need.

The factory trigger isn't bad.  Mine has a little mush that I'm hoping will clean up a bit.
I picked my 320 X5 up this afternoon and put 500 rds through it tonight.
I had tons of FTE/stove pipe/ failure to lock back issues, that appear to be clearing up as it's getting broken in.
That said, I haven't tried any factory ammo yet.  My 124gr reloads may be a little light for this gun.  Strangely enough, my 1911 loves them.
I'll try some factory 115gr and see if it's any better.
View Quote
I would not of even brought up the fact that the gun jammed if it were using my reloads and try to even remotely try put blame on the gun. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I would not of even brought up the fact that the gun jammed if it were using my reloads and try to even remotely try put blame on the gun. But that's just me.
View Quote
Same here.

Shot mine today with WWB 115 and it worked fine.

That being said, I'm really not liking the width of the frame.   If it weren't for the fact that a small version was coming out, I'd dump it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh.  I've got several thousand 124gr reloads ready to go that I shoot single stack with.  They cycle my 1911 with its heavy slide just fine, so I figured they shouldn't be a problem in my X5.
Never even hinted that it was the gun's fault, just passing on my experience.
If factory 115gr stuff works, I'll just work up a new load for the X5.  
That said, my 124s at 1070ft/sec should be plenty hot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've been waiting for a Shadow 2 for a new USPSA gun.....but am really considering this instead.

My only real question at this point is if there is enough aftermarket support to get the trigger where I want it.  Don't want to spend 500 bucks to get it there
View Quote
What's your ranking? Stock trigger on most of these guns will take most people pretty far.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My thought too. I don't shoot competition (yet?) but I'd like X grip module for my regular P320 slides. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They couldn't get that premium X5 money if it was just standard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top