Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 9:26:46 AM EDT
I shot a Sig 320 for the first time last weekend and really liked it.  I'm thinking of getting one but would like to hear feedback from others.  I've read/watched several online reviews and they were all positive, but I would like to hear what you folks think as well.  TIA.

ETA 5/3/17:  

I picked up my P320 today.  I put about 50 rounds thru it (all at 25').  A majority of the rounds were Blazer and Winchester white box.  It grouped the Blazer well (I believe it was 115gr, but I'm not sure).  I also shot some Winchester Ranger T (147gr) and some Speer Gold Dots (124gr +p).  It did not group very well with the Ranger T (approx 6-8" spread at 25').  But it really liked the Gold Dots.  We were shooting 2/3 steel silhouette targets and it touched splashes all in the exact center (POA).  An interesting side note is the Blazer hit the exact same spot as the Gold Dots.  Part of me wants to try some 147gr Gold Dots but part of me wants to order a bunch of 124gr +p since I know it really likes them.  There were no malfunctions and the slide locked back with all ammo.  I'm very happy with the performance.    

Anyway, hopefully someone will find this info useful.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like my P320C (FDE in 9x19mm).  It shoots extremely well.  Just ran it through an intensive handgun class (like 1,000 rounds over a 3-day weekend) and only had one minor hiccup that might've been my fault anyway.  Put 1,000 rounds through her prior to that class, too, all without fail.

Mind you, I normally don't like semi-autos at all.  I'm a revolver man.  But if you have to carry a stiker-fired, polymer frame semi-auto then the Sig P320 is the top of the heap.

The nearest municipality to me changed their police issue guns over to the 320.  They love them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a very lightly used 320 Carry in 9mm a couple days after the Army announcement.  I freely admit I did on a whim.  I wanted to see what the fuss was about.  I figured if I like it, good, if not it will be an easy sale.

I like it.  I like it a lot.  The accuracy frankly stunned me.  Mags are hard to find and kind of pricey, like most SIGs, but I got three with the gun so I'm good for awhile.  I would really like a Carry module in size small but those seem to be made of unicorn horn.  Holsters haven't been an issue.  

Local PD swapped out their 229's for 320's about a year ago.  I know a fair number of the officers and they have all raved about the 320 (they use 40).  

I've carried the Carry on several occasions.  The difference in size between the Compact and the Carry is a quarter of an inch.  The Carry conceals just fine and gives me two more rounds.  That said I think the Compact is the better seller of the two.  I bought the Carry because I found one at a good price.  I'm sure I would have been just as happy with the Compact.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I really want a 320 carry model with the sig lite night sights. I've seen a few online in stock lately. Might have to give and buy one in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really want a 320 carry model with the sig lite night sights. I've seen a few online in stock lately. Might have to give and buy one in the next few weeks.
View Quote
That's what mine is.  Interesting side light.  I own a lot of handguns.  Only three have night sights.  All three of them are SIGs and are my only SIGs.  Not sure how that developed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two 320s and really like them. I've been training with the 9mm 320 compact (15 rd)  and really like shooting it. It's as accurate as I allow it to be. I really like the trigger. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent choice IMO.  I own the compact 9mm and also have a subcompact grip module for a shorter grip (and less capacity, of course).  The pistol has been perfect through 1700 rounds, is quite accurate, and has one of the best triggers of any striker-fired pistol I've owned.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I really think this pistol could be a Glock killer, or at the very least challenge Glock's throne for the most widely issued and owned pistol.

The removable fire control unit is very compelling to police departments because damage to the frame can be corrected by simply swapping out a sub-$30 unserialized part. Not having to worry about Officer Dummy accidentally shooting himself on the foot when he disassembles it is also a nice reason to switch from Glocks.

The P320 is less expensive than the Glock and already comes stock with features that Glock owners pay extra to get done after the fact. Undercut trigger guard, a normal trigger without the stupid safety lever on it, front slide serrations, normal 3 dot sight in contrast or tritium instead of the stupid U shaped rear sight that they still put on Glocks for god knows why, no finger grooves, etc etc.

Once this gun gains popularity from the Army selecting it, and more companies start offering aftermarket support and cheaper magazines, there will really be no reason for anyone to want a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a P320SC a month ago and within the first 300 rounds I was shooting it as well as the P229 that I've shot a few thousand through. The small grip fits my hands perfectly and I love the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I am an M&P guy but recently picked up a p320c and I reaaaaaalllly like it. No issues so far and it shoots amazingly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot a rental 320 one day. came back the next and bought two Compacts in FDE. Now I have a full in .45 because I was tired of waiting for a VP45. The full in .45 has overwhelmed me just as much as the 9x19 did. Now I want another Compact but in .45.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I shot a Sig 320 for the first time last weekend and really liked it.  I'm thinking of getting one but would like to hear feedback from others.  I've read/watched several online reviews and they were all positve, but I would like to hear what you folks think as well.  TIA.
View Quote

I've got a P320c (Black) with the Siglite night sights. Been thinking about getting Trijicon HD's or maybe the Sig X-Ray Sights.

I just ordered an FDE grip, so if anyone is interested in that, there are some currently in stock.

Just a heads up. Sig will be releasing the new X-Five, and the Xcarry, in the not to distant future. I believe the X-Five is supposed to be in the 1k area, but the Xcarry looks like it should be in the P320 price range.

X-Five

Xcarry

Edit: I could be mistaken, but I believe this video states that the trigger group from a P320, should work in the X-Five, and I would assume the Xcarry as well.

SHOT Show 2017 | SIG Sauer''s P320 X-FIVE with Phil Strader
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I carried Glocks as an LE for over 20 years.  I still have my glocks, but carry 320's on and off duty now.  I have two 320's and I have 2 X carrys on order.   They have impressed me quite  bit.  I have thousands of rounds through my early 2015, it has never had a failure.  I have a new 2017 model and it has around 800 rounds through it now not one single issue.  I don't believe you would be disappointed with one.

TXPO
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I handled one yesterday, did not fire it.

Ergo's were excellent.

But the trigger, absolutely horrible. Take up, you could feel the spring compressing, at break it seemed ok but I don't think I could ever get used to that trigger.

Also dry fired a M&P 2.0, at least Sig has a better trigger then it, not by much though.

Granted I'm not a striker fired fan but I'm always hoping to find a trigger that surprises me, I think the VP9 has about the best feeling trigger of the bunch. Just can't get myself to drop the the $$ on one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely love mine.  9mm compact.  Fits my hand like a glove (I have small hands)

Soooo accurate and the recoil is so negligible for me on follow up/double tap shots.  Remarkably low recoil.  

Love that pistol more and more.  Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Absolutely love mine.  9mm compact.  Fits my hand like a glove (I have small hands)

Soooo accurate and the recoil is so negligible for me on follow up/double tap shots.  Remarkably low recoil.  

Love that pistol more and more.  Cannot recommend it highly enough.
View Quote
Same here, I carried a gen2 G17 for 17 yrs(used police trade in). Wife bought me a P320C because my G17 is 25 yrs old.

I love it, nice trigger, accurate etc. Not sure if it will be as reliable as my Glock, only time will tell.

So far 300rds downrange without any issues.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here, I carried a gen2 G17 for 17 yrs(used police trade in). Wife bought me a P320C because my G17 is 25 yrs old.

I love it, nice trigger, accurate etc. Not sure if it will be as reliable as my Glock, only time will tell.

So far 300rds downrange without any issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/IMG-1069-183978.jpg
View Quote
Oh now you done it, you threw up a pic.

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty happy with my Carry model. I've only put about 500 rds through it so far between the 2 classes I've taken and my infrequent range trips. (I'm a truck driver who only gets 1 weekend home a month, which means I only get 1 trip to the range a month)

So far my only annoyance has been how hard it is to find any accessories. I lucked out and grabbed a couple 21rd mag off Sig's website during the couple days they where in stock, but I've had zero luck finding a Compact grip module that wasn't going for 2x the msrp. Twice now I've found a place that said they had one in stock, placed an order, and then got an email saying they didn't actually have any in stock but they should have them 'soon'.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought a 320C to add to my carry rotation.

So far I have a little over 1K rounds downrange and have no complaints.

Gun has been 100% reliable. Not a single jam or hiccup since the first day.
Trigger is the best out of the box striker trigger I have felt
Accuracy is above average
Gun is comfortable to shoot.

Overall I am very happy with mine and plan on adding a full size to the mix at some point.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm honestly shocked at all the comments saying what a good trigger the 320 has, as I said above, The one I handled was total garbage.

May have to try another and see if maybe I was shown a dud.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm honestly shocked at all the comments saying what a good trigger the 320 has, as I said above, The one I handled was total garbage.

May have to try another and see if maybe I was shown a dud.
View Quote
I was impressed by the trigger.  It's definitely not a 1911 but for a striker it is a definite improvement.  I have used Glocks for years and have felt an HK, M&P and it was considerably better than all of them.  Well thats my opinion anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks everyone for the feedback and if anyone has any more to offer I would like to hear it.  

My P320 carry should be here sometime this week.  I'm looking forward to putting it through some testing to see if I have my new carry weapon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Can you tell me- because I don't own a P320

What is the trigger pull ? I'm use to my glocks and the different trigger pull weights you can get. So on a 320 is there only one pull weight?

Is there anything breaking on these guns yet ?

What's the opinion on the Apex and Graygun drop in trigger that reduce the weight by 2lbs!? Without any spring changes !?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#24]
The P320 trigger actually measures like 7ish lb, but it doesn't feel like it at all. I have lighter poundage Glock triggers and the P320 trigger blows it away. I have and *love* my VP9, but I prefer my P320 which is something I thought I'd never say. The modularity is awesome, the trigger is so easy to shoot well with, the grip is very grippy not slippery at all. It's quickly became my favorite polymer pistol.

I never thought anything could beat my Glocks until I tried my VP9. I thought my VP9 was going to be the end all, be all, until I tried the P320. It's that good, I love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top