Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 11:28:14 AM EDT
After jonesing for a new carry gun, I toted this one home. Traded a couple of safe lurkers for it.

SAS model, in 9mm. Night sights.

I like it so far. And yes, I know that it is considered to be large and weighty for a 9 round handgun, not that big an issue for me.

Anyone else like/carry a 239? I think it is a good looking pistol, even though it doesn't really have the "classic" Sig lines.

Post some up!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Ive been eyeing one exactly like that also.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My p239 in a milt sparks holster is right here

ETA:  Fits my hand like a glove.  I don't like smaller compact pistols that leave my pinky and/or ring finger swinging in the breeze.   Some people might complain about the weight when carrying it vs. a tupperware pistol, but I'm not a pussy.  Plus, the weight makes it a better 'shooter', and it doesn't have a crappy trigger pull like plastic guns.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Carried P239 in 9mm for 8 years. No problem at all. I carried IWB, right in front of me. I am old enough to remember guys carrying government sized 1911's concealed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
After jonesing for a new carry gun, I toted this one home. Traded a couple of safe lurkers for it.

SAS model, in 9mm. Night sights.

I like it so far. And yes, I know that it is considered to be large and weighty for a 9 round handgun, not that big an issue for me.

Anyone else like/carry a 239? I think it is a good looking pistol, even though it doesn't really have the "classic" Sig lines.

Post some up!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/390133/IMG-0292-196376.JPG
View Quote

Have same in 357Sig.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the P239 tactical with suppressor mounts, *SRT, night sights.  It is my daily carry with the 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a pair of 239s, both in .357. Bought one as CPO at a local fun show for $450. It was pristine - not "like new", it was new.

I used to carry a 239 every day, until I got a 229. Alas, now the only time I carry a 239 is when I wear a suit or sport coat. Maybe I should dress up more often.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats with the purchase.  If your SAS didn't come with the SRT, it a must to complete the package.  I really have no idea why all don't come with them, marketing I guess.  I really like mine; great shooter and carries well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, I carry mine in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster quite comfortably. I have the SAS with SRT & absolutely love it. Occasionally I will carry my Sig P938 in a pocket holster at the same time as a BU.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh, how do I know if I have the SRT? Is the box marked as such?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
^^^

Clear weapon. Remove magazine

Pull and hold trigger

While trigger is held in, rack slide

Slowly release trigger.

If click comes quickly, then SRT. If not the it won't reset until trigger is almost completely depressed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Got it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats.

I shot one today at the rental range and was pretty impressed. A DAK version could be my new AIWB pistol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I just bought a used one in mint condition with 40 and 357 barrels and 2 mags for each caliber and night sites for dirt cheap.  I have no use for it...heavier than my glock 33, less rounds, longer trigger reset...but I love it!  It just feels so nice shooting and typical Sig fit and finish is awesome.  I hate the thought of 8 rounds and carrying an extra mag all the time, but there's just something about it.  It's like an old school subcompact, maybe I just like the nostalgia of that?   Either way I keep asking myself why I bought it...then I shoot it and forget what the question was:)
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a 2011ish SAS dehorned 9mm 239 that I carried regularly.  The thing that always concerned me was capacity and after that france night club attack I switched to a Glock 19 which surprisingly is almost the exact same size as a 239 yet weighs slightly less even full loaded.  Sold the 239 on gunbroker to a guy in Vermont/New Hampshire where they have a mag limit and he was happy as shit about it.  

It was a great gun though and was like a shrunk down 229/226.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Absolutely love my SAS 239.  I've since added the crimson trace laser grip for using the slightly larger OD form 1 can.  I don't have suppressor sights so you have to shoot "thru" the can.  I picked mine up in a 40 and now have 357 and 9mm barrels for it.  Basically three guns in one.  You're going to love the 239.

I've been looking for a 10 round magazine.  Anyone have any links for them?  

photo hosting sitescertificity.com
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely love my SAS 239.  I've since added the crimson trace laser grip for using the slightly larger OD form 1 can.  I don't have suppressor sights so you have to shoot "thru" the can.  I picked mine up in a 40 and now have 357 and 9mm barrels for it.  Basically three guns in one.  You're going to love the 239.

I've been looking for a 10 round magazine.  Anyone have any links for them?  

https://s6.postimg.org/mwh1pm9g1/image.jpgphoto hosting sitescertificity.com
View Quote
The 10 rd mags kind of suck with that huge base plate.  A .40 mag with the Plus 1 adaptor works great with 9mm and gives you a magazine capacity of 9 rds.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Awesome thx, I'll have to check out the plus 1 base plate for my 40 mags.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Awesome thx, I'll have to check out the plus 1 base plate for my 40 mags.
View Quote
If you feel like building another suppressor, 1.25" diameter will clear the stock sights on a .40/.357 slide.

Sorry for the crappy pic but here's the plus 1 next to a standard 7rd .40 mag and a plus 1 mag in the pistol.

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet! Nice looking setup there.  I have a SiCo 45 HD can that's 1.375 that sits right at the top of the sights as well.  It's actually not bad shooting it.  You sort of get used to shooting thru the can.  
Thx for the pic with the plus one.  That's exactly what I've been looking for.  I'll have to see how my googlefu skills are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sweet! Nice looking setup there.  I have a SiCo 45 HD can that's 1.375 that sits right at the top of the sights as well.  It's actually not bad shooting it.  You sort of get used to shooting thru the can.  
Thx for the pic with the plus one.  That's exactly what I've been looking for.  I'll have to see how my googlefu skills are.  
View Quote
I've gotten all of mine from Top Gun Supply.  It's worth it to sign up for their email notification, they're pretty good about letting you know when they get them in stock.  They show up on EBay now and then as well.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-magazine-p239-.40-.357-magazine-plus-1-kit.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice! I carry a 239 sas 9mm daily. With a good belt and holster it's great! I have the Houge grips on my mine. Everyone who has ever shot it loved it.

Also I have over 3k rounds through it and it has never had a malfunction of any kind. Another thing is you can shoot the hottest of the hot ammo and not worry cause it is overbuilt.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Uh, how do I know if I have the SRT? Is the box marked as such?
View Quote
If it has the sas package on it , it has a srt trigger in it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I bought a used one years ago and couldn't shoot well with it and couldn't figure out why. I bought a factory threaded barrel and sold the one that came with it and man that thing shot like a laser. They are amazingly great guns,especially that SAS. Good score.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I picked up a used one a few months back as my new CCW. The heavier weight is comparable to the full size I was used to carrying, but this one just conceals better. I'm pretty sure that's due to my tactical muffin top, but oh well.

It shoots way higher than anything else I have, and takes some practice, but I'm accurate enough on a man sized target out to 50 yards. I just can't go back and forth between this and something else rapidly without taking some time to cage my brain on the new sight picture. Other than that, I freaking love it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I picked up a used one a few months back as my new CCW. The heavier weight is comparable to the full size I was used to carrying, but this one just conceals better. I'm pretty sure that's due to my tactical muffin top, but oh well.

It shoots way higher than anything else I have, and takes some practice, but I'm accurate enough on a man sized target out to 50 yards. I just can't go back and forth between this and something else rapidly without taking some time to cage my brain on the new sight picture. Other than that, I freaking love it.
View Quote
You can fix that.  Scroll down to the second post for an explanation of how Sig sights work.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/29480-p239-sights.html
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Beowulf, wouldn't it shoot lower since the Sig's shoot through the front dot (ie. have to cover target with sight).  If he is used to a 6 Oclock hold his shots would go low, not high.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Beowulf, wouldn't it shoot lower since the Sig's shoot through the front dot (ie. have to cover target with sight).  If he is used to a 6 Oclock hold his shots would go low, not high.
View Quote
He doesn't say what hold he's using and since the pistol was purchased used we can't really assume the factory sights are installed.  All we know is that he's shooting high.  Regardless of what's causing the issue, Sig sights are standard across the product line so he can swap heights (front or rear) until he's happy with the result.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He doesn't say what hold he's using and since the pistol was purchased used we can't really assume the factory sights are installed.  All we know is that he's shooting high.  Regardless of what's causing the issue, Sig sights are standard across the product line so he can swap heights (front or rear) until he's happy with the result.
View Quote
I didn't know about Sig sights, I'll see which ones I have when I get home and maybe that will help me figure out what is going on.

As for my hold: I have been shooting my whole life using the "lollipop" method, I think that's holding the front sight at the 6 o'clock position from point of impact. I have been told by many that I am an excellent shot regardless of pistol, which is why it caught me by surprise that this one shoots so high.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Regardless, I still love the P239.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I didn't know about Sig sights, I'll see which ones I have when I get home and maybe that will help me figure out what is going on.

As for my hold: I have been shooting my whole life using the "lollipop" method, I think that's holding the front sight at the 6 o'clock position from point of impact. I have been told by many that I am an excellent shot regardless of pistol, which is why it caught me by surprise that this one shoots so high.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Regardless, I still love the P239.
View Quote
The factory sights on the 9mm P239 are normally #8 front and rear.  The pistol would have been factory zeroed to 15 yards.  Just FYI.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#34]
DimaChado, check to see if your sights were changed.  Not sure what factory should be on that gun, but Beowulf's link shows the sight options.

I personally like the lollipop/"pumpkin on a post".  That's the only think I dislike about Sigs.  Sigs will shoot through the center of the front sight dot (so you bullets should impact on the stick of the lollipop, not the candy part)

I think by lollipop you mean image 1 in this pic  (although I think they made the bull too big, I usually envision a circle the same diameter as the front sight post).  Sig sights should shoot like image 3

Not sure if distance is a factor, since you mention "man sized at 50 yds".  Are they high at normal ranges

Link

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
DimaChado, check to see if your sights were changed.  Not sure what factory should be on that gun, but Beowulf's link shows the sight options.

I personally like the lollipop/"pumpkin on a post".  That's the only think I dislike about Sigs.  Sigs will shoot through the center of the front sight dot (so you bullets should impact on the stick of the lollipop, not the candy part)

I think by lollipop you mean image 1 in this pic  (although I think they made the bull too big, I usually envision a circle the same diameter as the front sight post).  Sig sights should shoot like image 3

Not sure if distance is a factor, since you mention "man sized at 50 yds".  Are they high at normal ranges

Link

http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/sightimages.jpg
View Quote
Sight image 3 is how my P239 shoots. Love the gun as a CCW and it handles +P loads nicely.  I have since switched to standard loads in
CCI 124 GD and Fed HST 147.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top