Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:53:56 PM EDT
I don't need this gun but I have almost talked myself into buying one. Anyone here have one, or shot one? I've shot my buddies 10mm glocks and it's a fun round to shoot but I don't own a 10mm so this would be my first. This would be my second Sig I have owned, had a P220 equinox that I liked but later sold to fund an ar build.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got one a month or so ago. Weighs a lot, so full power loads are a dream to shoot. Accurate, but not as accurate as my long slide 1911. Still I grouped about 5" @ 50 yards. Slide is a bear to pull back until you have a few rounds down the pipe as is the slide release. Thought about sending mine back with regards to the slide release, but it is getting better. I think I only have about 100 rds through it so far. All in all a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one last night. Can't wait to shoot it. My slide is not super tight like the poster above me, so maybe that varies some

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm also interested in the reviews. Have been thinking about one vs. a Glock 20.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the reverse two tone DA/SA version. Man, this thing is nice. The earlier poster is correct, the magazine release is stiff. And these are heavy. This pistol feels as heavy empty as my two tone P220 fullsize in 45ACP does loaded. Probably because the frame is stainless. The slide is ultra tight, I'll keep plenty of lube on this one until it is broken in. The weather and work have combined to keep this one off the range except for a quick preliminary function test with SIG ammunition, which it passed with ease. I made no serious attempt to shoot for group size, but it shot decent groups easily, and to point of aim.

I want to find a couple of holsters for it, one hip for decent concealment, and one shoulder rig for winter carry. The extra barrel length means the standard holsters do not work well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for some feedback, I'm definitely gonna look around at the gun show next month see if I can score one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
This mine - I've had for a couple of months. Its my first 10MM and all I can say is it is Sweet! Now I need a good OWB holster for it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Allow me to be the turd in the punchbowl..........  

I never cared for the 220 trigger. For my 10mm, I opted for the STI 10mm Nitro. Trigger is MUCH better, which leads to better accuracy.

Not that I'm against Sigs, I own a 226 TACOPS 9mm.

The capacity of the Sig vs STI is the same, so you're not losing anything there. I'd wager the STI is going to be more accurate than the Sig 99% of the time.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both a 1911 in 10MM, and a Sig Sauer P220 SA/DA 10MM. I wouldn't bother to compare the trigger between them. It's an entirely different system. That would be like comparing my Harley Night Train to my Silverado 3500. Why?

And yeah, the SAO Sig Sauer P220 is different still. Even SAO, I wouldn't expect it to be the same as one of my half dozen or so 1911 pistols.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Figure I'll add a pic of my 10's. The 1911 is a Fusion Hunter and has a much better trigger than the Sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top