Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 4:26:25 PM EDT
Guys,
I have a Sig 229, but I don't have a holster for it.  I'm looking for a holster recommendation.

I've got several Glock pistols along with a box full of kydex holsters (some IWB and a few cheap OWB holsters).  For the Glock, I think my favorite holster is my COMPTAC CTAC IWB holster.  

I am not opposed to picking up another CTAC.  Nor am I opposed to picking up a crossbreed super tuck (have one of those for a Glock 20). I've not tried one of the OWB kydex holsters (like the blade tech).

As far as requirements go, this will mainly  be a range holster but will do some limited concealed carry duty as well.  I'm comfortable with either IWB or OWB, but I'd like to give OWB a shot (and add to my ever growing box of holsters).

What say/recommend you guys?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
OP, I have an M11-A1, which is basically a non-railed 229. I use a Blackpoint Tactical OWB holster. I've found it to be very comfortable to wear and conceal.
I've also used it in some USPSA & Steel Challenge matches.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
OWB - 511 paddle holster w/ thumb release

IWB - Bianchi gun leather holster
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Galco Summer Comfort. It's an IWB design, but I use it OWB.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The two I've settled on after trials and tribulations...

I don't like leather, so I stick to kydex.

IWB...Comp-Tac Infidel MAX

OWB...KT Mech
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Iwb- crossbreed supertuck

Owb- crown royal modular
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure why people get hung up on which holster for X gun. If you like what you have for the Glock or whatever, get the same thing. The only time it matters is when they don't make holsters for your model. Or obviously if you plan on carrying in a different matter (AIWB instead of 4:00).

That said, I'm a fan of the MTAC. Although I wouldn't do it, you can just get a new outer shell to save some money. I'd rather spend a little more to avoid having to swap, plus the leather took some imprints from the original. I tried the Alien Gear CT3, and I recommend avoiding it. Definitely don't bother with their OWB offering. Pure junk.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The Comp-Tac Infidel Max for my G19 is the most comfortable quality holster I've ever had.

I'm waiting for the Infidel Max for the P228 to arrive soon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
BlackPoint Tactical leather wing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Safariland 6378, great otw belt holster for the range, can be usually found on Amazon for $50ish new and $25-35ish warehouse deals if you look. One right now for $23

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U3Z86S?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top