Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 10:33:40 AM EDT

The first couple of these I dismissed as squibs and the two detailed here were reported to be double charges (the first with pictures so we know it wasn't an out of battery).  Two more have been posted in the last week on reddit.  This one with a casing.  Now I wonder about firing out of battery.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Not cool...
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the other one.  Factory new .40 speer lawman

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this from a stock configuration or where any of the interchangeable parts used?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope Glock wins the appeal on the Army contract.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if the guns were 100% stock, but that would be my guess.  There is very few aftermarket parts out there and I can't think of any that would make a difference.  But I do not know.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]
It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. Lots of 320s are being sold. Releasing a new, major design in the internet age means that we'll see all the bobbles along the way. I'd expect Glock and Beretta to have been the same.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know if the guns were 100% stock, but that would be my guess.  There is very few aftermarket parts out there and I can't think of any that would make a difference.  But I do not know.
View Quote
Sorry, I meant the factory customization options.  I know the modularity was a big selling point on these.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#8]
They're selling like hotcakes. I lucked out and bought my C and RX the week before the XM17 announcement.

The more in people's hands you have means we'll see more of these incidents.

Someday there might be as many blowups as Glock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Not good.  600 rounds through mine and no issues yet
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no issues with mine yet other that it shoots awfully low.   It feels better in my hand then my glock 19's and the trigger is certainly better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that picture posted looks like an over pressure round or one that has been reloaded to many times.  This thread is the the typical start of internet speculation.  No info at all other than a ruptured casing and departed extractor and somehow we get to firing out of battery???   David
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope Glock wins the appeal on the Army contract.
View Quote
Glock. Now there's a standup company that has never had an out of battery or unsupported chamber issue.

The original pic for the P320 looks much like a high primer issue from the short length of the case failure. The case appears to have been over 3/4 chambered when the primer fired. The pistol and the ammo needs to go to SIG for evaluation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
.40 eh?   My brandy spankin new Glock 22 blew up on round #52 with factory winchester silvertips back in 1992.  Had to pay for a new frame.  Glock blamed winchester, winchester blamed glock.  All my higher pressure cases ( cor bon, silvertips ) showed extensive bulging.   I wonder if Sig as well has over ramped the .40 barrels on the P320.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
That looks like over pressure coming out of battery, not firing going in to battery.

Just based on one shitty picture with no other explanation or method to verify the story, my analysis is someone is reloading a little too hot.

However, I would be concerned that someone is coming in to the technical forums spreading pictures and making guesses on the condition of the guns and ammo without posting any sources. You said two more were posted on reddit in the last week, in addition to others... Well, lets see them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I always enjoy when we see pics of failures that "somebody" found on the innernet without any accompanying narrative, data or facts.

You're right though, a poorly done "handload" would be a likely conclusion as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That looks like over pressure coming out of battery, not firing going in to battery.

Just based on one shitty picture with no other explanation or method to verify the story, my analysis is someone is reloading a little too hot.

However, I would be concerned that someone is coming in to the technical forums spreading pictures and making guesses on the condition of the guns and ammo without posting any sources. You said two more were posted on reddit in the last week, in addition to others... Well, lets see them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I always enjoy when we see pics of failures that "somebody" found on the innernet without any accompanying narrative, data or facts.

You're right though, a poorly done "handload" would be a likely conclusion as well.
Amen; without an accurate supporting narrative,  those pictures are meaningless if trying to draw a conclusion.

Out of battery discharge, weak cartridge case, overloaded hand load......My guess is also over pressure coming out of battery.

Hell, someone could post a picture of a ruptured cartridge case along with a gun that case wasn't even fired in.

Not relable provenance, nothing to "learn".

Thread title "another p329 bites the dust".
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Trolling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top