Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 8:25:05 PM EDT
Have a p220 with the e2 grips from the factory. Have been thinking about getting a set of wooden Nills grips.

I know you have to change some of the internals for the e2 grip to fit since it fits a little bit more snug to the gun. If the gun has those e2 internals, will they work with a set of standard grips?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the only part that is different with the E2 grips is the hammer strut and spring. It bends in a bit to accommodated the profile of the E2's. Since this provides more space than less, it doesn't need to be changed. If you were going the other way; that is converting a standard panel grip gun to the E2, you would need to replace the hammer strut and spring. You will of course need 4 grip screws.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the only part that is different with the E2 grips is the hammer strut and spring. It bends in a bit to accommodated the profile of the E2's. Since this provides more space than less, it doesn't need to be changed. If you were going the other way; that is converting a standard panel grip gun to the E2, you would need to replace the hammer strut and spring. You will of course need 4 grip screws.
View Quote
That was my thought as well, I just wanted to verify.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW -  I replaced the standard panels on my M11-A1 with the E2 grips and I thought I had to replace the strut and spring. Since I'm local, went to the SIG Pro Shop looking for the parts. they told me my pistol is of new build and there is no need to change the strut and spring. Took their advice, put on the E2's and no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top