Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 9:43:53 PM EDT
Don't mean to start too many topics, but just wondering if I might get a report from you guys that have had the 320 for sometime and find out about it's potential accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a few 320s.  
With Dawson F/O sights, they all shot as well as my Glocks with match barrels and fancy triggers--1.5" groups at 15Y were easy enough.
I remember putting the Compact (OEM except sights) up against my nicest 19, and after shooting tons of 10rd groups, the SIG was dead even in accuracy with a variety of ammo, but controlled pairs fired as fast as possible were closer together with the 320 (which shocked me--what about bore axis!?).
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Lights out.  

That's all I can say.  How's that for an ultra scientific and verbose response?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
A bit high for me, but consistent. Could have been the ammo or something.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Shot one for the 1st time today.  Impressive stock trigger.  The troops are going to like it.  Commanders will be afraid of it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#5]
First 15 rounds out of my P320 Carry:

Second trip out with it, 10 shots at 10 yards:

All shot "off-hand" (i.e.-not benched).

Though frankly, most any modern pistol is likely to be more accurate than the shooter. Any decent shooter should be able to shoot this or similar with any pistol you hand them. So ultimately it's not how accurate the pistol is, it's how accurate are you when using any given pistol?  How well does it match your individual style and preferences?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not the fiddle, it's the fiddler.  Hard to find a handgun today that isn't accurate, except say a glock that shoots low & left. . Sorry couldn't t resist .
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone actually test their's at 25 yards.  That's where the true accuracy comes in!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Most modern firearms, especially those of known good quality, are relatively accurate, mechanically, although some are not.

"Mechanically accurate" meaning that the firearm itself, in a machine rest, for example, will produce a tight group, and produce that group at a point of aim where the sights are aligned with the target.

However, some designs are inherently more accurate, as are some combinations of designs, while some designs, or combinations of designs, are not.

Also, the ergonomics of many designs often force adjustments which make accurate shooting more difficult. Some trigger designs just don't work well for many people, not every bore axis is conducive to repeatable accuracy, and some grip angles are simply not correct.

When you see a relatively new or different design package, (package meaning grip angle, trigger design, bore axis height, combined with the expected modern mechanical accuracy) which a considerably larger percentage of decent shooters find to be very easy to shoot with measurably better than average accuracy, you've come upon an exceptional design. It does not happen often.

It will be interesting to see where the P320 falls over time. Currently, it seems to be doing extremely well. It is however relatively new, and the recent selection as the new U.S. military side arm, as well as selection by a number of agencies local, state, and federal agencies has added to that momentum.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see where the P320 falls over time. Currently, it seems to be doing extremely well. It is however relatively new, and the recent selection as the new U.S. military side arm, as well as selection by a number of agencies local, state, and federal agencies has added to that momentum.
View Quote
So far, among the reviews I have seen where the reviewer claims to have fired thousands of rounds through the weapon, it has held up pretty well with very few malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ulcbvDeRqQ

Granted, this could be an anomaly and in certain cases it may be prone to failure down the road. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  So far, among the reviews I have seen where the reviewer claims to have fired thousands of rounds through the weapon, it has held up pretty well with very few malfunctions.

Granted, this could be an anomaly and in certain cases it may be prone to failure down the road. Only time will tell.
View Quote
Sig Sauer P320 4000 round Review
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I was honestly stunned with accuracy of my 9mm Carry.  It may be one of the most accurate nines I own, and I own a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#12]
My compact and my full size have both been fine at 25 yards. Haven't shot them off a rest or bench, just standing, two hand grip.  No discernible accuracy problems (that weren't clearly user induced  )

Sorry you're having problems with yours, OP.  I've been very pleased with mine. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Went to the range today, and I think that a lot of my trouble with the 320 had to do with getting used to the trigger and loosening up on the grip a bit.  At the end of this trip I was shooting several 2" groups with both guns, the nine was brought on target by moving the sight to the right.  The 40 still was shooting higher than I am accustomed to, but not as high as it was the first couple of times I took it out.  I also changed bullet weight, which might have helped some.  The one pen in the trigger is said to be a trigger stop, if that is the case a little larger shim on it might improve the trigger.  You get a little bounce caused by the overtravel.  Regardless much more satisfied with them now than the first couple of times out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Went to the range today, and I think that a lot of my trouble with the 320 had to do with getting used to the trigger and loosening up on the grip a bit.  At the end of this trip I was shooting several 2" groups with both guns, the nine was brought on target by moving the sight to the right.  The 40 still was shooting higher than I am accustomed to, but not as high as it was the first couple of times I took it out.  I also changed bullet weight, which might have helped some.  The one pen in the trigger is said to be a trigger stop, if that is the case a little larger shim on it might improve the trigger.  You get a little bounce caused by the overtravel.  Regardless much more satisfied with them now than the first couple of times out.
View Quote
Great! Glad to hear it. 
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So far, among the reviews I have seen where the reviewer claims to have fired thousands of rounds through the weapon, it has held up pretty well with very few malfunctions.

View Quote
That was sort of my point. I think the P320 could turn out to be an exceptional weapon. One of those cases where the people designing it do a really good job of getting a lot of things really right. Time will tell.
And I'm putting my money on it, I'm going to buy one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone actually test their's at 25 yards.  That's where the true accuracy comes in!
View Quote
Yup, I have and I agree with what you said.

It groups well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top