Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 11:24:08 PM EDT
I just picked up a P320 Compact, was doing an initial cleaning, and noticed a nick in the barrel finish. I have looked around online and have found nothing regarding the barrel finish, what it's made of, or if Sig customer service has a solution. Is it common to reapply barrel finish as a touch up? It's pretty easy to spot in the photo.

Is it anything to worry about? Probably not. But dammit, it's brand new...

If anyone has advice on what to do about it, that would be helpful.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot a couple hundred rounds to verify if the anomaly is problematic then decide.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It would bother me... for about ten minutes.  I know I'm gonna ding and dent it myself, so I don't really worry about a little blemish.

You could contact Sig, not sure how they will handle a cosmetic blemish on the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
^^ these guys are right.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Come on man really........hit it with a cold blue pen and move along
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
wait until you see your barrel hood after you shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#6]
That will be covered up with SIG smilies in short order.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
At least it wasn't like the nick in the barrel of my brand new P320 Compact...

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea, they are replacing it.  I already sent my barrel to them, but they are currently out of P320 compact barrels.  The rep 2 days ago e-mailed me and said they were being manufactured currently and my barrel should ship "soon".

Not sure how long "soon" is... but I still haven't even shot my brand new P320c...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
wait until you see your barrel hood after you shoot it.
Whatever SIG is using for their barrel finish- melonite/QPQ-/etc- it holds up really well. It'll be a bit longer until his SIG smiles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top