Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 6:13:42 PM EDT
I am going to put a threaded barrel on my 226, any thoughts on the SilencerCo barrel vs factory threaded?

SilencerCo is 1/2x28 - Roughly $160ish
Sig is 13.5x1LH - Roughly $200ish

I have a Sig 320 threaded, so I already have the 13.5x1LH piston for my Octane.  If I go with the SilencerCo barrel I will need a new piston.

I will be adding more suppressor hosts in the future, which will probably have 1/2x28.

There will be a price difference, but that won't be a major deciding factor.

What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got a SilencerCo barrel for my 226 to use with my Osprey.   I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
who makes one for the P6?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with the Sig OEM barrel.  A buddy has several SilencerCo barrels and I almost pulled the trigger on one of those.  It came down to not wanting to switch pistons at the range to shoot two different Sigs.

As far as the P6 goes, I would check Bar-Sto.......crap now I need a threaded barrel for my P6 too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you already have the 13.5 piston you answered your own question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top