Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 12:42:26 AM EDT
Anyone know weather sig will be making anymore of the 10mm da/sa 220s.  I missed the boat when they were available, i will probably call sig on Monday but i was just wondering if anyone had any info. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#1]
This what you are looking for? https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/sig%2Bp220%2B10mm
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are the butt ugly kryptek and they are Single action only.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with one of the buyers for Lipsey's, the distributor that special ordered for the first run of the DA/SA P220 Reverse Two Tone 10MM. There has been another order placed, it should be filled in the next 90-180 days. I want one myself, and so does my shooting buddy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
This is 1 of 4  that are currently on gun broker now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628303960
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought mine today, in fact, I'm still waiting for the transaction to complete, I placed the order, waited an hour, then called them to make certain it is a done deal, because they had ONE.

I got an email from a little shop this week saying they got "some" in, but what ever they got was gone between them sending the email at 3AM and me getting it at 5:30AM.

I started looking around again this morning. I found a couple of places that had them, the total was pushing $1300.00.

Apparently, not too many were made, because some big shops, such as Bud's, have not gotten them. I had it on my wishlist there, so I logged in and checked, the product page was gone, even though my wishlist still showed it. I had an online chat with one of their sales associates, and after a few minutes, she came back and said she couldn't say when, or even if they'd get any. They treat me well there, she even commented on how many guns I had bought from them.

So either the order was small, it wasn't fully filled, or they're holding them back. If you want one, and see a new one for $1200.00 or less, buy it.

Rather odd situation, I'm extremely glad I got one, and I won't rest easy about it until I see the transaction post on my credit card, and probably not until I have it in hand. I fooled around and missed them the last time, missed the 454 Ruger Super Blackhawk, too. I'll try to avoid that in the future. I only put those two off in order to pick up another AR 15 when it was on sale before the election.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been waiting patiently since im not in that big of a hurry, but since they were so popular and the market has a place for some new 10mm i was hoping that there may be some other manufacturers that will step up, ive never spent that much on a pistol so maybe prices will come down.  Thanks for the info and i will have one someday
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Prices rarely drop on small quantity stuff. If they are available on GunBroker why not just go that way?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The price will not drop. You will not find an inexpensive 10MM of higher end quality.

My 1911 10MM Elite Hunter cost me $1300, and worth every penny, I'm certain my new SIG will be just as good.

The cheapest you are likely to find will be a Glock. I have no desire to own a Glock, so I resigned myself to getting my wallet out.

SIG has only the Elite Match and a new Emperor Scorpion in DA/SA right now, both are Lipsey's specials, and will be relatively rare, and relatively expensive.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The price will not drop. You will not find an inexpensive 10MM of higher end quality.
SIG has only the Elite Match and a new Emperor Scorpion in DA/SA right now, both are Lipsey's specials, and will be relatively rare, and relatively expensive.
View Quote
Agree.

Right now, I've got a reverse two-tone DA/SA Elite Match in-bound to my dealer from Lipsey's. Hope to pick it up later  this week.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The reverse two tone version, which I hope to have in my hands at lunch Friday, was released again in the last week or so. I had talked to a guy at Lipsey's. It is odd how few shops got one.

I don't know when the Emperor Scorpion will be released, as I did not ask. Lipsey's will give you a general idea when the next order of a particular special is due to be released.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Until you guys get yours, just something to hold you over.

Makes for a great carry gun also !

The emperor scorpion has been listed as a 10mm model for so long now, I kinda think they forgot about it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#12]
OP - FWIW - The SIG Pro Shop in Epping, NH has/had DA/SA models available. I was there a couple of weeks ago for a class and ended up walking out with this.
It's a SAO version.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine came in ... and was promptly lubed and taken to the range.

Fired about 80-rds of various 10mm factory ammo, and then 16-rds each (2 mags full) of two different handloads  -  one being a 165gn FMJ training load (about 1300fps), and the other a 220gn "woods load" developed for my Glock 40 MOS using poly-coated HC boolits from SNS. This 220gn "thumper-load" runs about 1225fps.

Not one bobble or hiccup occurred. Not only did I use the two 8-rd 10mm mags that came with the pistol, but I tried some ACT 8-rd .45acp mags that I've used as practice mags for my Sig P220, which is an older "Made in W.Germany" model.

The 8-rd .45 ACT mags hold 9-rds of 10mm Goodness perfectly, and they loaded, fed, and ejected perfectly too. The ACT mags give you a 9+1 gun, or a 10x10.   That's the only "con" I could find about this gun  if it has to have one: Sig could've easily engineered a 9- or even a 10-rd 10mm mag and still retained the same frame profile. Looking at an ACT .45 mag side-by-side with the Sig 10mm mag, the dimensions certainly appear identical. Ditto for the 8-rd stainless .45 Sig factory mags, of which I have five. Same exterior dimensions as the 10mm mag.

From 35-feet, the Sig shot groups ranging from pretty-good-to-fantastic with the ammo I put through it. The Sig-Lite night sights were dead-nuts-on too. A good part of this first range session was simply trying to get used to the recoil and handling characteristics of the big Sig, although the range time I've had with my .45 P220 helped.

Of note for the 10mm history buffs here, .... Sig imparted two Bren Ten-ish qualities to this pistol. For someone like me, who's actually handled several BTs and shot exactly one way back in the day,  I noticed them right off: the first is the matte blue slide riding over a brushed stainless frame, a beautiful combo I've always liked. Second is, like the BT, this Sig was given a true 5-inches of slide and barrel. That gives it noticeable weight but also balance, and it surprised me how well and easily this pistol pointed during shooting. It doesn't feel muzzle heavy, but also doesn't feel back-end heavy, like some short-barreled, large-frame pistols do.

Had this Sig DA/SA 10mm hit the scene in the late '80s, I'd venture to say we'd see more cops today carrying one on-duty or off.

The Sig ate everything from the mild-ish Remmy 180gn FMJs (1150fps) to Sig's own 180gn ball (1250fps), to DT's early and quite hot (white box) 165gn Golden Sabers (1425fps).

Very controllable recoil with all the full-throttle stuff, ... and with ".40-level" 10mm ammo, it felt like shooting 9mm+P.  

DT 10mm 165gn Golden Sabers

Great gun, great shooter, and definitely a keeper!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice. I could not get away from work long enough today to go pick mine up. That will NOT be the case tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very nice. I could not get away from work long enough today to go pick mine up. That will NOT be the case tomorrow.
View Quote
Good.

Call in sick if you have to   ... Do it, and don't hold back at the range.  This pistol was built to run 10mm ammo high and hard.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#16]
These look sweet cant wait till i can get one, thanks for all the info. I will have to wait a little longer but at least it looks like they will not be going away to soon and i will have to pay the price whatever that may be.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These look sweet cant wait till i can get one, thanks for all the info. I will have to wait a little longer but at least it looks like they will not be going away to soon and i will have to pay the price whatever that may be.
View Quote
I expect that this run of the reverse two tone was short, whether by Lipsey's intent or SIG's intent. Too many shops do not have them and too many only got one. What that means for this particular version I couldn't say, I don't know what they're thinking. You can email them, and they will answer. My guess is the Emperor Scorpion will be produced in small numbers next. This is a pistol that, if you want one, you have to make up your mind that you will do what you have to in order to own one. That's what I did Saturday. For that very reason, the next time I see the Lipsey's Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter 454 Casull, I will simply buy it, and make the necessary sacrifices and adjustments. You never know when they'll just decide to stop producing a special.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#18]
we got one from lipseys a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
we got one from lipseys a couple weeks ago
View Quote
Are you able to say how many you had on order?

I understand if you can't. It just seems that most places either got only 1-2 at most, or none.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#20]
only 1, that's the usual
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
@lineman68

Just received an email alert from grabagun

Wonder where that one came from and if SIG is making more of the DA/SA 10mm?

Good luck.  I purchased one of these last year when it first came out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@lineman68

Just received an email alert from grabagun

Wonder where that one came from and if SIG is making more of the DA/SA 10mm?

Good luck.  I purchased one of these last year when it first came out.
View Quote
I got the same email. I already own one but my shooting buddy wants one. However many they had, an hour or so after the email came out, they were out of stock again.

Glad I got mine a month or so ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Theres always the Grand Power 10mm, which I've heard good things about:
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#24]
First, 10mm really was never my interest. I did come upon two today at a local gun show. Both were SAO models. One was the ugly, my opinion, FDE with the green/brown looking grips. The second was the one with the bluish looking grips. These guns were huge but something very appealing about them. They were priced about $1250 each.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#25]
My LGS is a Sig Elite dealer in Phoenix, I am pretty sure he has got at least one in stock.  Depending on the area of the country, you might never see one of these in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top