Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2017 12:02:05 AM EDT
I picked up a police surplus P229-R TSS from summit gun broker this month. Looks like 2009 production. Any idea what agencies were using these?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but that's a fine looking pistol! P229 is about the best shooting .40 caliber pistol out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I hang out at a police supply store that takes in dept trade ins, they have 3-4 in the case that look like yours,right now. I would own one right now if I know how to change out the DAK trigger.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is DA/AS. I love it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
ryann, It is quite easy to change it from DAK to DA/SA. I did it to mine and only took me about 15 minutes while watching youtube videos. If you do a google search, you can get a list of the actual parts you will need. Buy them little by little as they come up, look at TopGunSupply (i got them used). You can even ask around and some people will trade you DAK parts for their DA/SA parts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ryann, It is quite easy to change it from DAK to DA/SA. I did it to mine and only took me about 15 minutes while watching youtube videos. If you do a google search, you can get a list of the actual parts you will need. Buy them little by little as they come up, look at TopGunSupply (i got them used). You can even ask around and some people will trade you DAK parts for their DA/SA parts.
View Quote
thanks now you've got me interested in one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top