Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 7:34:02 PM EDT
I am new to holsters and looking for an inside the waistband holster. Going to carry appendix, but may change that up depending on how it suits me.

I am looking for a holster that isn't hard on the pistol's finish. I know there will be holster wear to some degree, but if I can find one with material that doesn't excessively contribute, that would be preferable. I have heard mixed things said about Kydex on the finish of guns, especially this PVD finish on the Legion.

Recommendations would be great, and also if you could say why or how a certain holster doesn't wear as much as it would another, that would help me out. Such as, is it leather lined inside the holster that touches the gun, etc?

Thank you!

Just to clarify, this is for a P229 Legion, so it does have the rail.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the damage is done by dirt and debris in the holsters not the holsters. Whether it's leather or kydex if you keep it clean it will be easy on your finish.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of the damage is done by dirt and debris in the holsters not the holsters. Whether it's leather or kydex if you keep it clean it will be easy on your finish.
View Quote

Fair enough, I definitely have read that debris is the biggest factor to excessive wear. Me being new to holsters, what do you recommend for a first holster? Inside the waistband
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Garrett Industries makes great kydex holsters lined with leather. Look at the Silent Thunder IWB.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my 229 in a comptac Mtac and have for years.

Holsters are extremely personal so find a store that will let you try them on and see what you like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top