Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2017 3:33:37 PM EDT
Walked into a local gun shop and saw this '91-manufacture West German-stamped P226 9mm. Price tag- $449

Took it down and thought the barrel was rather shot out. Told the guy at the counter that it was gping to cost a bit to get a new barrel and was able to get him down to $349. Of course, I have a spare barrel at the house. Dropped the $349 + tax and walked out the door.

I am a guest firearms instructor at the state police academy this week and went right back to the range to shoot it at lunch. With the barrel I thought was shot out, a bunch of us were shooting excellent groups between 7 and 25 yards.

I don't know much about the older Sigs. What can you tell me about it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I assume that the slide is hard chromed...
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In many opinions including mine the older SIG's are the best and you should be arrested for larceny
View Quote

Now I have W. German, German, and US manufactured P226s.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My 1990 west German Sig 226 9mm barrel looks exactly like that. They will rub the bluing off in less than a box of Ammo on these old models. It's the underside of the frame rails that you need to look for wear and anodizing worn through. Also you are very lucky that's a steal on that gun. I would have gave up to $450-$500 if rails and internals are perfect. These carbon steel rolled slides are very accurate and shoot softer than the newer milled 226's.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice. I assume that the slide is hard chromed...
View Quote

Maybe? Or is it Electroless Nickel?

I'll drop a line to Sig Monday and find out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking pistol, looks like a short trigger also. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Score.  I'd love to find a deal like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Off to Sig for the AEP, SRT, and SSP.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd say that was a great deal. Jealous
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to have a black one, I didn't care for it so I did the E2 conversion.

I still didn't care for it and ended up giving it to my Dad.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Off to Sig for the AEP, SRT, and SSP.
View Quote

Apparently the old grips do not work with the new hammer strut.

Grip recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, the Sig Custom Shop has again outdone itself.

She came back today after the SSP/AEP/SRT treatment. The challenge of making the action smoother than it was when they received it was met and exceeded. She was returned with a sack of old parts, the old barrel, and the old grips.

If you're on the fence about having the aforementioned work done on your gun, get off that fence!

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow that think looks just great.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, the Sig Custom Shop has again outdone itself.

She came back today after the SSP/AEP/SRT treatment. The challenge of making the action smoother than it was when they received it was met and exceeded. She was returned with a sack of old parts, the old barrel, and the old grips.

If you're on the fence about having the aforementioned work done on your gun, get off that fence!
View Quote

Looks great a fast turnaround ...enjoy

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top