Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 8:15:22 PM EDT
BIL borrowed my P228 and while cleaning it noticed something I never have,the serial number is on the frame, slide and barrel.

He acts like this is a big deal and makes it more desirable. I think it's BS. What do you think?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My west German 226 is like this. I'm pretty sure it is lol been a long time since I looked at it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it because it means the gun is German built?

It is a question
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Both my German made Sigs (X-five and p228) are like this. Actually never thought about it until now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My German SP2022 has triple serial numbers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The pistols SIG produced in Germany were triple serial numbered. In some countries, the barrel is the registered part of the pistol. Others, the slide. And still others, like us, the frame. To make it easy, SIG just serialized all three so any pistol could be shipped to any country where they had a market.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pistols SIG produced in Germany were triple serial numbered. In some countries, the barrel is the registered part of the pistol. Others, the slide. And still others, like us, the frame. To make it easy, SIG just serialized all three so any pistol could be shipped to any country where they had a market.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
W German P228's with triple SNs are generally more sought after. They are not exactly collectors items unless they are all original with box and papers and are unfired, but adding "triple SN" to a sales listing brings out some buyers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top