Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2017 10:31:26 AM EDT
Anyone have pictures of an RX without the romeo 1 on it? I looked online to see if they have a cover plate to cover milled out spot but can't find one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have pictures of an RX without the romeo 1 on it? I looked online to see if they have a cover plate to cover milled out spot but can't find one.
View Quote

No cover plate.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No cover plate.
View Quote

What ZacSquatch said. That's the one disappointment I have with the RX this far. So I got a regular FS 9mm exchange kit from QuanticoTactical last week. Red dots on a handgun is brand new to me so I wanted to be able to shoot an iron sighted like model for apples to apples comparisons.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The new X5 comes with a cover plate so you can add a SIG Romeo if you want. Much like the S&W core models
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The new X5 comes with a cover plate so you can add a SIG Romeo if you want. Much like the S&W core models
View Quote

Damn!!

Well maybe that means they'll sell the cover plate eventually as well. If red dot on a handgun doesn't end up being my cup of tea at least I'll be able to switch it to a "normal" 320 which I already know I love.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn!!

Well maybe that means they'll sell the cover plate eventually as well. If red dot on a handgun doesn't end up being my cup of tea at least I'll be able to switch it to a "normal" 320 which I already know I love.
View Quote

No, the cover plate will not fit the RX. The RX is cut out only for the Romeo 1, and the X5 plate goes all the way to the back of the slide and includes a rear sight on it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, the cover plate will not fit the RX. The RX is cut out only for the Romeo 1, and the X5 plate goes all the way to the back of the slide and includes a rear sight on it.
View Quote

Yep the Dawson rear sight is built into the X5 plate. Will be that way on the full size and carry version of the X5.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I saw the video from today's SHOT range day. Seems odd to me they decided on the X5 you have to choose irons OR red dot, but with no provision for a rear sight AND a red dot
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#8]
My biggest concern is about the Romeo 1 itself, is it durable? Will it last?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My biggest concern is about the Romeo 1 itself, is it durable? Will it last?
View Quote

Damn I hope so, cuz I just dropped the coin on a 320RX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top