Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2017 11:08:35 PM EDT
I just noticed that One of my P228s I built the SA trigger pull isn't working when the slide is on the frame. When the slide is off SA functions ~80% of the time and feels off. DA works 100% of the time slide on or off. 

The spring on the hammer is set correctly (leg above the pin). And the sear spring is set properly as well.

Any ideas? This one has me stumped. I'm about to swap the sear and hammer from my working P228 in there just to see if it's those parts...but I don't want to if I don't have too...

I haven't shot this one yet but I don't intend to till I get the trigger issue sorted. 
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Verify that the trigger bar spring is correctly attached to the trigger bar. Also verify that indeed the sear spring is correctly installed under the roll pin installed on the left side of the frame.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Verify that the trigger bar spring is correctly attached to the trigger bar. Also verify that indeed the sear spring is correctly installed under the roll pin installed on the left side of the frame.
View Quote

Sear spring has leg under the roll pin

trigger bar spring has the U shaped portion in the notch and anchored behind the mag release retaining plate. 

Ill try to get some pics or a short video of what's going wrong uploaded. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Check and see if you have a bent trigger bar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top