Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2017 12:35:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess being am older Sig like a P6, they were designed to use round nose fmj ammunition. I have a older P220 with the heal release and the feed ramp is significantly different from a newer P220. Thus hollow point rounds will indeed feed less reliably, but that's only a guess though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]

The feed ramp on the left is from an early P220, with a heel magazine release, the feed ramp on the right is from a later produced P220. The ramp on the left has a much more pronounced curve at the base and the appears to be also a bit more concave in comparison to the other feed ramp. The newer feed ramp is square at the base and less concave leading me to conclude that the early feed ramp was definitely engineered for a RN FMJ round only. This is only based on my observation though, comparing the two feed ramps. I have never tried any Federal HST rounds on the left-hand feed ramp, although the newer feed ramp has not hiccupped once with hollow point reloads I ran through it recently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top