Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 7:04:45 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I just picked up a new P320 RX a few weeks ago from Cabela's. Within a few days the red dot wouldn't work. I swapped out for a new battery and it worked fine. A few days later the sight wouldn't work again. Another new battery = works again. I've gone through 3 batteries so far and it's to the point now where I leave the battery out of it until I shoot it.

Has any one else had this issue with their Romeo sight? Any recommendations on what to do or how to get it covered by Sig?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's disappointing to hear. I also got the cabelas exclusive a few weeks back. So far my dot hasn't died but I've only shot with it once and I turn off the sight each time I'm done mucking with it (as opposed to letting it "go to sleep". I did notice when I first got it home I thought they'd given me a dead battery. But then I realized that I had to really tighten the battery compartment to get the contacts to get juice and turn on. Is it possible that your lid is just getting a tiny bit loose and needing tightening?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No problems thus far with mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the Cabelas edition and currently own the black model with no issues. Your case is just one that slipped through, call Sig and they will make it right.

Sig's website

INFINITE GUARANTEE™
SIG SAUER Electro-Optics are guaranteed forever. It’s an unlimited lifetime guarantee.
Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee
Fully Transferable
No Warranty Card Required
No Receipt Required
No Time Limit Applies
No Charge
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I contacted sig and they told me to make sure I'm powering the sight off when in done shooting. I was just letting it auto turn off since it's just sitting in the safe. I wasn't worried about motion turning it on throughout the day but I guess it can still draw power unless manually turned off   So I just put in a new battery and powered it down.  Will check back in a few days to see if that solves it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I contacted sig and they told me to make sure I'm powering the sight off when in done shooting. I was just letting it auto turn off since it's just sitting in the safe. I wasn't worried about motion turning it on throughout the day but I guess it can still draw power unless manually turned off   So I just put in a new battery and powered it down.  Will check back in a few days to see if that solves it.
View Quote

WTF, I'm on the same battery for almost a month and no issues... I have only turned it off twice, when I was driving long distances...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WTF, I'm on the same battery for almost a month and no issues... I have only turned it off twice, when I was driving long distances...
View Quote

Yeah I had thought the manual power down option wasn't necessary for normal battery life. I've had the same battery in an old truglo sight for the past 8 years and it still work fine.

But I don't carry it unless im training/range time so I'll see if it solves the problem I was having.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:

Turning it off manually after use did not work either. Went through another battery within 3-4 days of sitting in the safe.

Called Sig and said they would fix/replace it no problem, BUT I have to send them my whole gun...and to expect at least a 3-4 week turnaround
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Update:

Turning it off manually after use did not work either. Went through another battery within 3-4 days of sitting in the safe.

Called Sig and said they would fix/replace it no problem, BUT I have to send them my whole gun...and to expect at least a 3-4 week turnaround
View Quote

Wtf?! That sucks man I'm sorry. I have no idea why the hell they'd need the whole gun instead of just the slide. Especially since it's not an issue occurring during firing. Thanks for the update. I've only shot mine once so far, but the battery still working as of last night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top