Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 1:29:50 AM EDT
To me this looks superior to the MK25 or identical, sans anchor and certificate----has the 1913 rail and phosphated internals like the Mk25 but also has a chrome lined barrel.  When looking at MK25s it seems confusing whether they all always had CL barrels, all do now, or there were variations for a time.

Yet I never find any reviews or really much of anything about it.  I'm thinking of adding one but the strange thing is I can't decide if I want the "TB" model or not.  All the ones I see don't have suppressor height sights even though on the SIG website it appears they do.

I am still waiting on F4s to clear so don't have a 9mm suppressor currently but do have other hosts anyway so don't really "need" the threaded barrel option.

There have to be some happy P226 Combat owners out there---what do you think of this 226 variant?  I know the "thin" trigger isn't very popular but getting an SRT in there won't be too hard.  I like the idea of a P226 with a chrome lined barrel....or maybe the 229 combat for carry....or the thread 226 Combat....LOL
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Somewhat related to your post...

I was not to impressed with the chrome lined barrel. It sounds really cool and in my experience it was an accurate barrel (not a pro shooter). However, I generally clean parts by dumping them in a sonicator for 10 min. My nitrided barrels never rusted and didn't show wear very quickly. My phosphated chrome lined barrel looked awful after about 1K rounds. It also wasn't very rust resistant and would often rust quickly if I didn't dry it off fast.

My suggestion is to not to put so much stock in the chrome lined barrel. Buy the gun you want and change out the barrel later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a TB for mine from Sig anyway. Looks cool. Waiting on my TiRant 45 can to get approved.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhat related to your post...

I was not to impressed with the chrome lined barrel. It sounds really cool and in my experience it was an accurate barrel (not a pro shooter). However, I generally clean parts by dumping them in a sonicator for 10 min. My nitrided barrels never rusted and didn't show wear very quickly. My phosphated chrome lined barrel looked awful after about 1K rounds. It also wasn't very rust resistant and would often rust quickly if I didn't dry it off fast.

My suggestion is to not to put so much stock in the chrome lined barrel. Buy the gun you want and change out the barrel later.
View Quote

I'm assuming their "nitron" finish is nitrocaruberizing, it is what most pistols are doing now.  If that's the case that is a superior exterior finish to phosphating/parkerizing IMO.

The interior of the barrel matters more to methough.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The first pistol I ever bought was a P220 Combat. Wish I still had it, was a great gun. It's too bad SIG didn't ditch their rail and standardize on the picatinny rail used on the Mk25 and Combat. At the time the reason I got rid of my Combat was holsters were non existant as the P220 Combat was the only SIG with the picatinny rail. Now there are at least a few decent options available.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an original 226 Combat with the short extractor and German frame.

The trigger sucked and it was sloppy loose.  The new US made Sigs are much nicer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh, it's just a MK25 with a FDE anodized frame and forward serrations.  

As for the "thin" trigger (short reach), I find it preferable to the "thick" legacy triggers.  YMMV

If you like poop colored guns the combat is a great choice, but I would not make your purchase based on the CL barrel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, it's just a MK25 with a FDE anodized frame and forward serrations.  

As for the "thin" trigger (short reach), I find it preferable to the "thick" legacy triggers.  YMMV

If you like poop colored guns the combat is a great choice, but I would not make your purchase based on the CL barrel.
View Quote

I prefer all-black too but that isn't an option on this model and I won't let looks get in my way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Like mine but had to replace the hammer spring with an 18 LB cause the SA pull was about 10 LB's. Better now. Have always liked the 226. Getting used to the FDE slide. It's growing on me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top