Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 10:36:29 PM EDT
Just picked up a full size 9mm.  Who makes good light bearing holsters these days?  Used Raven years ago but I wasn't blown away.

Also I may consider using a compact frame when carrying so I have no idea as to compatibility between the two.

EDIT: after looking at other pics it looks like the TLR-1 sits slightly closer to the trigger guard on the compact frame.

Thanks and pics are always a plus

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#1]
In the same boat as you.

was looking last night and the only thing I saw that looked halfway promising was at T.rex arms. They do a bunch of kydex and it appears they will do one of their models for the 320, with different lights. 

https://trex-arms.com/

Im thinking about trying them out but am hoping for some more options to consider first. 
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
DSG alpha? I think it is.  

Just throwing it out there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Edit: meant to quote atlas

Saw those and have my eye on them. I don't think I saw an option for a claw that rotates the grip into your body more.

The JM kydex has the features I like but no light compatible models.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Edit: meant to quote atlas

Saw those and have my eye on them. I don't think I saw an option for a claw that rotates the grip into your body more.

The JM kydex has the features I like but no light compatible models.
View Quote

What do ya mean? I have a JM kydex order in for a p320 carry w/tlr1hl
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

AIWB or IWB holster?
When I was looking for aiwb for the 320 JM only offered xc1 light compatible and I use a tlr1hl.
But for that purpose I'm pretty happy with the trex-arms.com raptor. Does OP want OWB or IWB or AIWB?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

AIWB or IWB holster?
When I was looking for aiwb for the 320 JM only offered xc1 light compatible and I use a tlr1hl.
But for that purpose I'm pretty happy with the trex-arms.com raptor. Does OP want OWB or IWB or AIWB?
View Quote

Maybe I missed something, but I was referencing OWB
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I'm blInd and didn't see it on their website. Off again I go, thanks!

Edit: didn't read all the replies first.  I'm looking for AIWB/IWB.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in the exact same boat. Tagging for info.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Just found veil solutions.

Here's the link: Veil IWB
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#11]
So the Sig store on their website sells Sig branded holsters by Black Point Tactical, and by Blade-Tech.

On the Black Point Tactical website, it looks like they offer their Mini-WING model for the full size 320 with TLR-1.  

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/mwlm/

So that may be another option to consider.  I'm leaning toward trying the t.rex arms raptor.  I like that they offer the optic cut as well. Will report back if I do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Just ordered a raptor from t.rex.  Seemed to be the best value with the shortest lead times.  Anyone have experience with them?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just ordered a raptor from t.rex.  Seemed to be the best value with the shortest lead times.  Anyone have experience with them?
View Quote

I've got a raptor for my 320c with TLR1HL. I haven't worn it extensively just yet (just finished doing more function testing with the gun, but it's good to go so I'll start carrying it now once I get it cleaned). But it conceals impressively well AIWB and seems pretty comfortable. Worst case scenario, can take the claw off and carry IWB. Looking forward to trying it out more in depth now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've got a raptor for my 320c with TLR1HL. I haven't worn it extensively just yet (just finished doing more function testing with the gun, but it's good to go so I'll start carrying it now once I get it cleaned). But it conceals impressively well AIWB and seems pretty comfortable. Worst case scenario, can take the claw off and carry IWB. Looking forward to trying it out more in depth now.
View Quote

Sounds good.  My plan is to carry IWB.  I'd love to carry AIWB but it just doesn't work for me.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have their Sidecar for my P320C. Love it. Feels comfortable and is very well built.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got my custom one from a forum member here. He did a great job and shipping was incredibly fast.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_161/1019829_Kydex_holsters______Custom_work_____Fast_delivery_times.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just got my custom one from a forum member here. He did a great job and shipping was incredibly fast.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_161/1019829_Kydex_holsters______Custom_work_____Fast_delivery_times.html
View Quote

Goodmedicine is awesome. I've bought several holsters from him, and he's my go to for OWB. Gonna order one from him next week for my 320rx with streamlight TLR1HL.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Goodmedicine is awesome. I've bought several holsters from him, and he's my go to for OWB. Gonna order one from him next week for my 320rx with streamlight TLR1HL.
View Quote

I would use him but need IWB.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Just rec'd my t.rex holster, IWB, for my full size 320 with light.  Initial impression is good.  

This is the first holster I've gotten that's made for a light, and I'm pleased that the fit remains pretty good and the trigger remains adequately protected.  

I may now go back and order another for my p320 compact.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#20]
How bout some pics up in here guys?  Sheesh.  

Got no full size so I dare not post my pic in here
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll try to do pics this afternoon.  Got several guns to clean and will try to do pics while I've got things laid out on the bench. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Just an update to this:

I was recommended to check out M3 tactical kydex. I was told they do quality work and their prices are reasonable.

I've got an IWB holster en route from them for my p320compact w/tlr1.

Will advise when it arrives, but I have high hopes
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I was going to buy a holster and a few magazine pouches when they were on sale for $20-$25 each but I called them to see what kydex that they used and they told me that its a thinner kydex. so I did not buy any because of worrying if it would not last as long as the regular kydex holsters.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I forgot about this thread.  I went cheap and ordered one from Cleveland Kydex.  After ordering I found many horrible reviews for them so I was debating cancelling my order.  Decided not to and got it in recently.  Conceals well but rides higher than I'd like.  Also doesn't have common rivet spacing so I can't add a Raven claw.

I ordered the high sweat guard and it snagged on the slide stop lever so I ended up trimming back one side quite a bit to expose the lever.

No pics of it after the trimming, but I also have a Clinger Atom holster being made now which doesn't accommodate a light which will see much more use.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm very happy with my Safariland Model 7378 7TS™ ALS. I got it for my S&W M&P FS 9mm with a Surefire X300 Ultra. Holster is very well made and keeps gun secure. I bet they make them for the Sig too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Check out Alex and Ryan Design.

One in this vid for Sig Sauer.

Low Light Everyday Carry Considerations
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Comp tac makes the best IWB holsters from my experience.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I think that they use a thinner kydex.

Quoted:

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top