Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:02:43 PM EDT
Is there any indication of what will come next? I remember when they first announced they mentioned it would be a growing series. I am guessing it will be at or around SHOT 2017, if there isn't anything out yet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully the p227 and p227 Sao
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully the p227 and p227 Sao
View Quote

I would LOVE a SAO 227 Legion!!! Either that or a 229 SAO would be the immediate recipients of my hard earned money. I dunno why we haven't seen either option. I wonder if there's a physical/mechanical reason they haven't done it.

But to the OP, at this point I wouldn't expect to hear anything until SHOT. And then probably at least 6 months for whatever they show to hit the shelves.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info! I am in the market for a 1911 and hoping they will announce one. I already have the Legion Surefire and being a fashionista, I'd like to get a 1911 that matches.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I have read in the past the next legion is likely to be the P220, ( both DA/SA and SAO)
I honestly think the legion line is doing better than they anticipated. It doesn't help that the PVD coating slows down the production of the guns.
As for the 229 SAO I highly doubt that will ever happen, I dont think they ever made a 229 in SAO (correct me if i am wrong)
Sig can do so much with this legion series, can you imagine a legion M400 or legion MPX? They have a marketing campaign set up now that can last decades
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd pick up a legion MPX, same finish a nice trigger and maybe a sig romeo from the factory. sounds good to me!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig, if you are listening, a Legion in 10mm please!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I am also in for a P227
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am also in for a P227
View Quote

In 10mm
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
A fastback carry 1911 would be pretty nice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]
FWIW, While visiting the Sig booth at last years NRA meetings, Sig was showing a board with all the Legion current and future guns.

Only thing future was the P220's, both SA/DA and a SAO in .45ACP........No 10mm

I just purchased a P226 SAO Legion (9mm) and while talking the the CS rep to get my Legion case and challenge coin kit, I asked about future Legions.
His reply was they need to get the backlog on current guns caught up, and then the P220's is slated for introduction in 2017

Had nothing to say about any other models going Legion, but then they didn't tell the CS people too much in advance of new models.

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: Only thing future was the P220's, both SA/DA and a SAO in .45ACP........No 10mm.
View Quote

+1 on the P220 being the next release in the Legion series in 2017.  That seems to be the general consensus.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FWIW, While visiting the Sig booth at last years NRA meetings, Sig was showing a board with all the Legion current and future guns.

Only thing future was the P220's, both SA/DA and a SAO in .45ACP........No 10mm

I just purchased a P226 SAO Legion (9mm) and while talking the the CS rep to get my Legion case and challenge coin kit, I asked about future Legions.
His reply was they need to get the backlog on current guns caught up, and then the P220's is slated for introduction in 2017

Had nothing to say about any other models going Legion, but then they didn't tell the CS people too much in advance of new models.

View Quote

I just ordered one off GB and it seemed they were plentiful, surprised to hear they are dealing with a backlog.

A 229 SAO to go along with the 226 SAO would be the shit, but I agree with others that it will never happen since there has never been a 229 SAO variant.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just ordered one off GB and it seemed they were plentiful, surprised to hear they are dealing with a backlog.

A 229 SAO to go along with the 226 SAO would be the shit, but I agree with others that it will never happen since there has never been a 229 SAO variant.
View Quote

Same with 227. Does anyone know why that is? Is there a mechanical reason they can't do it, something to do with the grip shape perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same with 227. Does anyone know why that is? Is there a mechanical reason they can't do it, something to do with the grip shape perhaps?
View Quote

I think its more of a philosophy of use/doctrine thing.

DA/SA is what's deemed safe for carry (yes, I know many are comfortable with SAO and a safety, I am one of them but we are the minority) and the compact guns are geared for carry.

The 227 though I have no idea---do they maybe not sell enough of them to justify developing it?

I know I've seldom seen a 227 in the wild.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think its more of a philosophy of use/doctrine thing.

DA/SA is what's deemed safe for carry (yes, I know many are comfortable with SAO and a safety, I am one of them but we are the minority) and the compact guns are geared for carry.

The 227 though I have no idea---do they maybe not sell enough of them to justify developing it?

I know I've seldom seen a 227 in the wild.
View Quote

What you're saying makes as much sense as anything I can think of. Though I would think that maybe the 227 with a sweet ass SAO trigger would maybe be popular for some shooting sports for a production double stack .45 of great quality and reasonable price *shrug* guess that's a small percentage of shooters. All I know is I'm not even much of a SAO or 45 fan but I still want one bad cuz I love the 226 SAO legion so much. For a 229 SAO legion I would VERY possibly retrain myself for a cocked and locked system of training. I still somewhat consider it for the 226 SAO legion even.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top