Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2016 11:54:06 PM EDT
I am tempted to buy a P220 in 10mm. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with the 10mm in this pistol? Can it handle the full power loads from DoubleTap and Underwood?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am tempted to buy a P220 in 10mm. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with the 10mm in this pistol? Can it handle the full power loads from DoubleTap and Underwood?
View Quote

I purchased one back in June or July and it is by far my favorite handgun at the moment. I have run reloads and few different brands of factory ammo through it without a single hiccup. Just keep an eye on your brass as it is flung into the next county.

The magazines did hang up a little bit at first while inserting them, but this was corrected by filing down the area of the magazine that it was catching on (advice found on another forum).
Side note: the 10rd magazines designed for the p220 in 45acp worked flawlessly as well. Although your fingers will hate you for trying to determine how many rounds you can squeeze in there.

That said the gun has a VERY solid feel, and the weight of the p220 does an incredible job taming even warmer 10mm loads.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I did buy a slightly used one. It fits my hand very well and the recoil was mild with the American Eagle 180 grain. I have some DoubleTap on order and I will work up some handloads. All the controls are pretty stiff; hopefully they loosen up a little with use. I am very happy with this gun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I soooooo want a Sig 220 10mm stainless .......
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I soooooo want a Sig 220 10mm stainless .......
View Quote

The reverse two tone DA/SA P220 10MM will be one of my next two purchases. It will go with my Para Elite Hunter LS 10MM.

I bought a DPMS TPR in October because I wanted to get an AR-15 before the election (I have a couple of 308 AR's) in case it went poorly, otherwise I'd likely already have one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had one of these little numbers for a couple months now.

Pros.
Reliable, accurate, a unique shooting experience. Ruggedly built.

Cons.
The rear sight is terrible, all sharp edges and fit with very loose tolerances. Held in place with a dinky little screw. I had to get the dovetail modified for it to fit properly. The trigger is just not as good as I like, (I'm a 1911 and CZ fan on triggers). The gun is massive in almost every sense. Not for CCW.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm picking one up tomorrow (I think),

I currently use a G20 long slide (LWD 6" slide and barrel), and chances are I'm only going to keep one of them.

I really wish they made it a 227-10 Hunter

Did you guys need to change the recoil spring to deal with full house loads?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen pics of the 10mm with the rmr Romeo.  Do they exist in reality?  Want on for an upcoming pig hunt
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Messed with a friends for a couple days while he was on TDY. In the end I thought it was too large for its capacity.  If you want a single stack get a 1911 with a better trigger.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top