Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 11:13:16 PM EDT
I've got a P229 in .40, from about 1995.  The finish isn't bad, it's just dull.  I wouldn't mind having the slide polished for a two-tone look, but other than that will probably just stick with black.

I'll probably want the grips replaced with rosewood or something, the night sights are dim and I need new ones installed, and of course want a trigger jobs since this thing has gotten gritty and nasty over the years.  Also want all new springs, etc.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
and of course want a trigger jobs since this thing has gotten gritty and nasty over the years.  Also want all new springs, etc.

View Quote

A detail cleaning would work wonders for you.

You could probably send it in to Sig.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got a P229 in .40, from about 1995.  The finish isn't bad, it's just dull.  I wouldn't mind having the slide polished for a two-tone look, but other than that will probably just stick with black.

I'll probably want the grips replaced with rosewood or something, the night sights are dim and I need new ones installed, and of course want a trigger jobs since this thing has gotten gritty and nasty over the years.  Also want all new springs, etc.

View Quote

GRAY GUNS
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Sig offers these services, so I'd contact them first.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah,  144 to include fresh night sights and replacement of all springs with an inspection ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah,  144 to include fresh night sights and replacement of all springs with an inspection ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I felt that was pretty reasonable.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent one to Sig and they did a great job.
Replaced the sights, tuned up and added the SRT.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP - I'd do this plus add the SRT (short reset).  
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^ that's exactly what I was looking to do.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I would send it to Sig only.  

If you can wait, Sig always runs a 30% special for Father's Day.   30% off services and 30% discount applied to shipping too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drop a SRT kit in, new set of night sights of choice, and new spring kit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I am sending mine to ROBAR to have the slide and small parts refinished in classic robar nickel, and the frame redone in ROGUARD black.  P228
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top