[#4]
22/45 grip first

then 320
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 2:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
That would be great!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#6]
yeh I could use the compact grip in sm.   but its only offered in med and lg  imagine cheaper mags like the glocks have?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I doubt the magazines are thick enough to be replaced with polymer.  Grip frames would be cool.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be nice for sure. Especially the frames. I did find a compact/small one time, but it was from a really obscure website that I searched for days to find.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yeh I could use the compact grip in sm.   but its only offered in med and lg  imagine cheaper mags like the glocks have?
View Quote
Top Gun Supply has compact smalls in stock.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will check that out Thanks!   just ordered one!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd be more interested in seeing grip modules that take Glock mags, it would also be beneficial for their current mag lineup. It might take some work, but I'm convinced it would work.

They could also design it like a MIAD grip or VP9 grip with modular panels and front/back straps vs multiple frame sizes.

ETA: modular length and grip height for a universal frame regardless of slide size.
View Quote

Now you're talking

TRUE modularity
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now you're talking

TRUE modularity
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'd be more interested in seeing grip modules that take Glock mags, it would also be beneficial for their current mag lineup. It might take some work, but I'm convinced it would work.

They could also design it like a MIAD grip or VP9 grip with modular panels and front/back straps vs multiple frame sizes.

ETA: modular length and grip height for a universal frame regardless of slide size.

Now you're talking

TRUE modularity

I've asked about Glock mags before, but b/c of the thickness of the mag, apparently it doesn't look like it will fit.  Perhaps the 250 has more room up top.

A 320 that took Glock mags could get me out of Glocks, if decent aftermarket trigger bits became available.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The glocks are too wide, but I would guess it wouldn't take much work to get 226, BHP or M9 mags to work.

+1 to a VP 9 style grip!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  The glocks are too wide, but I would guess it wouldn't take much work to get 226, BHP or M9 mags to work.

+1 to a VP 9 style grip!
View Quote

Probably not.  Beretta 92 mags would be the next best bet, due to available high caps & PCCs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For those saying "too wide", are you referring to the mags themselves or to the geometry at the top of the mag and how it interfaces with the FCG or slide?
View Quote
I'm not seeing how it could be.  The Sig can take .45 mags, Glock mags shouldn't be an issue.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not seeing how it could be.  The Sig can take .45 mags, Glock mags shouldn't be an issue.    
View Quote

45ACP 320s have a different FCU than the 9/40 ones. You cannot convert a 9/40 to 45 or the other way around. 
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For those saying "too wide", are you referring to the mags themselves or to the geometry at the top of the mag and how it interfaces with the FCG or slide?
View Quote

I haven't been able to check myself, but I've been told the issue is the geometry at the top of the mag.  Might work in a .45" 320, but then you'd need a 9x19 mm bbl.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Probably not.  Beretta 92 mags would be the next best bet, due to available high caps & PCCs.
View Quote

Just for funzies I tried a M9 mag in my 320. They might work if you modify the mag catch slot.  Of course I couldn't find my M11 mags but I wonder if they might work as well. 

I tried a G17 mag and it won't fit in the grip at all. The shape at the top looks like it'll be a problem as well
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you're designing a new grip for mag compatibility, fitting in the current grip module or working with the current mag catch is a non issue.

Fitting into the actual insert, or having the correct geometry for the breech face/mag/feed ramp is a bigger issue.
View Quote
I'm picking up what you're putting down.  Honestly I think the bigger issue is that Glock mags are too wide to fit through the bottom of the FCU.

Now with that said....I am trying to figure out how to make a FCU that uses Glock parts.  My thinking being I could use it in a few other projects where a striker fired system just works better than figuring out how to shoehorn a traditional hammer setup. 
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I am trying to figure out how to make a FCU that uses Glock parts.  

View Quote
I've already figured that out.  I just need the money to make it happen.  And that's not likely to happen.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I know Boris spent a lot of time working in that direction, and finally ended up w/ a completely steel frame.  He was making 80% steel Glock kits for a bit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Have you shopped that around?

Id be interested in getting more info. I'll even sign an NDA for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've already figured that out.  I just need the money to make it happen.  And that's not likely to happen.

Have you shopped that around?

Id be interested in getting more info. I'll even sign an NDA for you.
No, not yet.  It's still just on paper, I need to finish my proof of concept and make sure it works.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd love to see a magpul 320 frame as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice!  Yeah I've just not had the free time to sit down with solidworks or sketchup.  Doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing to do since you're basically just building a carriage for the fire control parts where the frame would normally be.  The only hard part is adding the frame rails to it
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Nice!  Yeah I've just not had the free time to sit down with solidworks or sketchup.  Doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing to do since you're basically just building a carriage for the fire control parts where the frame would normally be.  The only hard part is adding the frame rails to it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was the easy part.  Getting it to fit inside the existing size format of a glock frame is the difficult part.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That was the easy part.  Getting it to fit inside the existing size format of a glock frame is the difficult part.
View Quote

Sounds crazy but look at the airsoft versions. Boris did that with the iron Glock because they are slightly larger.  

i didn't think much about the tolerance stacking issue with fitting into a Glock frame because I was planning on making my own grips. Now that you mention it though you're right that there isn't much room to work with. 
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Das Eiserne Glock

Boris is here on ARFCOM, but I don't know how often he checks IMs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Das Eiserne Glock

View Quote
I've seen that.  Similar, but not the same as what I'm working on.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Boris did that with the iron Glock because they are slightly larger.  

View Quote
I've got a couple of Guarder frames.  They're actually smaller than Glock frames.  Glock mags don't fit without opening up the magwell a bit.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Das Eiserne Glock

Clearly.  But seemingly he started w/ a very similar idea, and his frame got larger and larger.  That may not be the best solution, but that's where he ended up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  This is making me want to buy a CCF raceframe again. I know it's not the same thing, but I keep thinking it wood be a really cool handgun project.
View Quote

There's someone on here w/ most of the last of 'em.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish someone would make a Glock 26/27 aluminum frame w/ rails.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, not yet.  It's still just on paper, I need to finish my proof of concept and make sure it works.  
View Quote

I messaged Bill G. about fitting the FCU to a carbine of some sort. And possibly an aluminum grip module to replace the poly one.

THAT would be sexy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top