Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2016 1:30:06 PM EDT
I have a very nice older 229 that I'd like to convert to the DAK trigger. Is there a parts list somewhere or does anyone know what all I need? After carrying M&P's off duty for over 6 years and having a 226 DAK issued to me I like the trigger better than the DA/SA. I was also thinking of converting to the E2 grips since my 226 has those and I have a smaller hand.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggesting calling Sig with your particular Sig. I believe some older frames WILL NOT be compatible with the DAK trigger.

Here is the E2 Grip kit you need:

http://store.sigsauer.com/e2-grip-upgrade-kit-for-p228-p229-dak.html

For the DAK parts you may be able to find someone switching to DA/SA and get the parts cheap online otherwise I'd just order the parts from Sig while you are already on the phone with them. If there is some other retailed selling the parts I've never found them.

It is an "Armorer Level" task but it's not that difficult to do if you've ever detail stripped it before.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove the right grip and compare it to the pics in the faq of how can I tell if my sig sauer can be converted to dak.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/faq.html

The pics are of a P229 with dak compatible and non dak compatible frames.

If your frame is compatible your set and can buy the parts you need or swap with someone who has them and wants da/sa parts.  Your looking at ~$140 in parts if you don't go with the e2 kit which ads another ~$70 but removes the need for the $15 hammer strut because it comes with a different one.

They have a parts list in the faq higher up than the pics.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/faq.html

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd suggesting calling Sig with your particular Sig. I believe some older frames WILL NOT be compatible with the DAK trigger.
View Quote

Yes, that is correct.  My older SA/DA SIG P229 could not be converted to DAK, I converted it to DAO instead.  That was probably a mistake since it was a very long and heavy trigger pull, but I ended up selling it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, that is correct.  My older SA/DA SIG P229 could not be converted to DAK, I converted it to DAO instead.  That was probably a mistake since it was a very long and heavy trigger pull, but I ended up selling it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah OP. If that's the case DAO is not worth it unless you like old heavy revolver style triggers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah OP. If that's the case DAO is not worth it unless you like old heavy revolver style triggers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks guys for all the info! I know the DAO trigger sucks, we had blank firing guns in the Academy that were old DAO guns and I wanted to toss them against the wall.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a suggestion. Not sure what the cost of the parts will be for you....But....

There are a lot of nice used 229 DAK guns on the market right now. I do not like the DAK guns so I have not paid much attention to them but recall the price being under $500 with some being close to $400.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you like DAK in .40 these are a steal.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/sauer-p229-very-good-condition-p-29690.html
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hotlinked the above

They make good points. I have found police trade in SIG's at the local cop shop for under $350 if you don't mind holster wear.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a P229r in 357 sig from recoil.  It looked brand new.  Night sights are very bright.  I like the DAK.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a very easy conversion. Do it yourself. Find the parts used.
Email sent.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought a P229R DAK .40 from Summit probably 10 yrs ago. Scored a new .357Sig barrel & then picked up a Barsto 9mm conversion barrel. It's a great, versatile gun. Shooting 1911 and Glock mostly. I had been thinking of converting it, so maybe I'll shoot it more. I've never had any problem with the DAK trigger.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Well my lazy ass finally got around to taking a picture. Upgraded to the E2 grips, now I just have to replace the worn out night sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top