Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2016 3:13:42 PM EDT
I am in the market for a new carry pistol and very interested in the P320 and P250 as a ccw piece.  I handled a P320C in 45 today (nib with night sights, $500 otd)  and I was impressed with the ergos and the trigger; however the trigger felt like it might be too light for ccw (intend to carry in a shoulder holster).  I handled a P250 years ago and did not like it at the time, but I know with anything, practice, practice, practice and I'd get the hang of it.  Finding either seems to be a rare oddity around here, even Gallery of Guns pretty much only has the 320 in 40 and 357sig.  

So I am debating between the 320 and 250... the 250 seems to be about $100 cheaper, but from what I can tell it is not very popular so I would be concerned about whether Sig will continue to support products for it (kits, proprietary sight).  

The only semi-auto cartridge I stock is 45 (I sold off my 9 and 40 Glocks).... is 9+1 of 45 "enough"?  I am behind enemy lines at the moment, but I will be in a free state very soon so I can actually carry.

So what this comes down to:

Do either make sense for a carry piece the way I intend to carry?  How much of a difference is there between the triggers of the 250 and 320? Stick with 45 or add another caliber (9mm)?  I hate the idea of buying 9mm pistol and being stuck with factory 10rd mags  

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty big difference in triggers. One is a short, crisp striker fired design. The other (P250) is a long but light and also smooth double action trigger. The guns themselves feel and would carry about the same, so you'll just have to handle both more to decide.

The P320's trigger isn't too light for carry. I know it's subjective, but law enforcement all across the country carry guns with 5.5 pound triggers. With a good holster and just a little bit of training or experience, it's not an issue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
In a defense gun I cannot abide a long reset which the 250 has. The 320 is a crisp short throw with a good reset, but I don't think it's too light at all. Especially if you have proper gun handling practices and quality holsters. Just always test out a new holster with an empty gun to make sure it doesn't trip the trigger when you insert it. Your questioning the weird proprietary sight on the 250 is also valid.

The .45 320 you found is a damn good price IMO and you like .45 so stick with it. The one advantage to the 250 over the 320 is you can get a conversion kit from .45 to 9 or 40 so if you want to practice with cheaper ammo you have the option. With the 320, unfortunately the .45 can only do .45 (the 9 and 40 and 357 can convert to each other but the .45 only gives you the option of changing grip and slide size in .45).
Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The only semi-auto cartridge I stock is 45 (I sold off my 9 and 40 Glocks).... is 9+1 of 45 "enough"?  
View Quote
Johnny Combat in his tactical reclining armchair will tell you that you need a 9mm with 15 or more rounds capacity, but unless you can seriously envision a scenario where you'll be doing battle with multiple perps with a death-wish level of dedication to robbing you, the .45acp with nine rounds is certainly sufficient.  

I'm still trying to find even one credible story of a citizen (so not cop or soldier) who has ever lost a self-defense gunfight because they ran out of cartridges.  Yeah, it's fun in competition to have a split-second reload time, but for regular folks in regular life it's overkill (not that overkill is bad mind you).  

I have a P320 in .357sig and it's #1 in my carry lineup.  #2 would probably be my Legion P229 also in .357, then a two-way tie for #3 between a 10mm S&W 1076 and a Sig Nightmare Carry 1911 in .45, and a little XDs in .45acp. for #4.

The P320 in a shoulder holster should be good to go if you can get past your discomfort about the lighter trigger.  I was the same way about mine with OWB carry- I am VERY careful holstering and ensuring there's nothing that can get into the trigger guard.  I recently got an IWB for the P320 and I holster the gun before positioning the holster (although I don't use it much because OWB is so much more comfortable).

Even though it is overkill I do carry at least one spare mag, not only for the comfort of the extra rounds but in the off chance the mag in the gun causes a malfunction.  

Anyway, don't get too wrapped around the axle with capacity- for all of us regular citizens it's a nonissue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty big difference in triggers. One is a short, crisp striker fired design. The other (P250) is a long but light and also smooth double action trigger. The guns themselves feel and would carry about the same, so you'll just have to handle both more to decide.

The P320's trigger isn't too light for carry. I know it's subjective, but law enforcement all across the country carry guns with 5.5 pound triggers. With a good holster and just a little bit of training or experience, it's not an issue.
View Quote

My first few pistols were Glocks (26, 22, 34) because I didn't really know any better, and that's all I had experience with.  The P320 definitely felt lighter than standard Glock triggers; it was very crisp but didn't feel like hitting a brick wall like the Glock trigger.

In a kydex holster I wouldn't be worried about the trigger, but I'm not sure how a leather shoulder holster would protect the trigger.... I guess that is a moot point since I cannot find a should holster for the P320, at least Galco does not make one for it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In a defense gun I cannot abide a long reset which the 250 has. The 320 is a crisp short throw with a good reset, but I don't think it's too light at all. Especially if you have proper gun handling practices and quality holsters. Just always test out a new holster with an empty gun to make sure it doesn't trip the trigger when you insert it. Your questioning the weird proprietary sight on the 250 is also valid.

The .45 320 you found is a damn good price IMO and you like .45 so stick with it. The one advantage to the 250 over the 320 is you can get a conversion kit from .45 to 9 or 40 so if you want to practice with cheaper ammo you have the option. With the 320, unfortunately the .45 can only do .45 (the 9 and 40 and 357 can convert to each other but the .45 only gives you the option of changing grip and slide size in .45).
Hope this helps
View Quote

I did not realize the 45 P320 was not interchangeable with other calibers. To be honest I doubt I'd buy a caliber exchange kit because of the price (may as well buy another pistol for a little more).  I did not see a 22 lr kit for the P320 like there is for the P250, which I was disappointed about.

I only have one 45 pistol (HK45T) which I really like, and went with it for HD with a silencer.  Other than that I have a SW TRR8 so I'm not married to 45, but I think it is more convenient to stock fewer calibers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Johnny Combat in his tactical reclining armchair will tell you that you need a 9mm with 15 or more rounds capacity, but unless you can seriously envision a scenario where you'll be doing battle with multiple perps with a death-wish level of dedication to robbing you, the .45acp with nine rounds is certainly sufficient.  

*trimmed*

The P320 in a shoulder holster should be good to go if you can get past your discomfort about the lighter trigger.  I was the same way about mine with OWB carry- I am VERY careful holstering and ensuring there's nothing that can get into the trigger guard.  I recently got an IWB for the P320 and I holster the gun before positioning the holster (although I don't use it much because OWB is so much more comfortable).

*trimmed*

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only semi-auto cartridge I stock is 45 (I sold off my 9 and 40 Glocks).... is 9+1 of 45 "enough"?  

*trimmed*

*trimmed*

I figured in addition to having full-power loads staying subsonic, that 45 would be the strongest of the weak, and I would want any advantage (energy wise) that I can get.

I'd go with 357 sig if it was more widely available.  If I could afford thousands of rounds then I'd get one in 357 sig in a heartbeat.  Really though, if the shtf I would want one of the major calibers... perhaps I'll get a P320 in 357 sig after I get one in 45.

I know you are right that 9+1 is enough, especially with a spare mag, but the survivalist in me always wonders if there is enough--food, ammo, capacity, savings, etc.  

The shoulder holster is for comfort.  I'm not that tall and have a bit of a gut so IWB is a no go for me (plus I do not want to buy new pants and belts), and I'd like to have easy access while I am in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#7]
If you can find a gen 2 P250 for a song (which has been known to happen on occasion) you won't regret it.  It is the most shit-talked gun by people who have never owned or shot one, but having owned one myself, I can tell you the trigger is nothing short of amazing.  Super light and smooth as can be.  The reset is a non-issue if you were ever to use it in a panic-induced case of self-defense.  I guarantee you'd be slapping that trigger as hard as you can should the need arise you for you to pull it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to find even one credible story of a citizen (so not cop or soldier) who has ever lost a self-defense gunfight because they ran out of cartridges.  Yeah, it's fun in competition to have a split-second reload time, but for regular folks in regular life it's overkill (not that overkill is bad mind you).  

I have a P320 in .357sig and it's #1 in my carry lineup.  #2 would probably be my Legion P229 also in .357, then a two-way tie for #3 between a 10mm S&W 1076 and a Sig Nightmare Carry 1911 in .45, and a little XDs in .45acp. for #4.

Even though it is overkill I do carry at least one spare mag, not only for the comfort of the extra rounds but in the off chance the mag in the gun causes a malfunction.  

Anyway, don't get too wrapped around the axle with capacity- for all of us regular citizens it's a nonissue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why I always carry 1-2 reloads: https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/
My best friend is a retired cop and said he doesn't know of a single cop who ever complained about carrying too much ammo after a gunfight.

The odds of my ever needing to defend myself w/my EDC are very low. However, if I'm going to the trouble to carry, it's no trouble at all to carry an extra mag or two.

OP: I own and have EDC'd both the P250 Compact 9mm and P320 Compact 9mm. As previously mentioned, the only significant difference is the trigger. I now carry the P250 because I'm more accurate (albeit a little slower) than w/the P320 (YMMV). The P250's trigger does take some getting used to and it's not for everyone but I like the longer & more deliberate trigger in a defensive handgun, although I don't feel the P320's trigger is too light for that (APEX flat trigger is great for the P320, IMHO).
If you can, best option is to try both.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why I always carry 1-2 reloads: https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/
My best friend is a retired cop and said he doesn't know of a single cop who ever complained about carrying too much ammo after a gunfight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that article a while back- it goes into the category of -useful info- but does not influence what or how I carry because I am not a cop and I do not have the obligations a cop has.  I have no requirement or desire to pursue anyone which is how gunfights often start.  

Even with that said, I almost always carry at least one spare magazine (that's 13 extras), sometimes two, and if I'm going to Seattle I may even throw an extra in the sling-pack.  The nice thing is we don't have to worry about poor concealed carry, printing or any of that.

Back on topic I have a Jackass rig for my 1911 that I got cheap on craigslist.  I had hoped to wear it over a cotton t-shirt and under an unbuttoned collard shirt but found that the weight of the gun caused the shirt to bunch and look silly.  It might work better with a long sleeve shirt and light jacket  (switch to open carry if it got hot or go inside).  So OP should be aware of that with a shoulder holster.  The P250 P320 is a bit lighter though.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The odds of my ever needing to defend myself w/my EDC are very low. However, if I'm going to the trouble to carry, it's no trouble at all to carry an extra mag or two.

OP: I own and have EDC'd both the P250 Compact 9mm and P320 Compact 9mm. As previously mentioned, the only significant difference is the trigger. I now carry the P250 because I'm more accurate (albeit a little slower) than w/the P320 (YMMV). The P250's trigger does take some getting used to and it's not for everyone but I like the longer & more deliberate trigger in a defensive handgun, although I don't feel the P320's trigger is too light for that (APEX flat trigger is great for the P320, IMHO).
If you can, best option is to try both.

Tomac
View Quote

I agree, I will be carrying at least 1 spare mag, not just for extra ammo, but in case of a malfunction.  

I could not find a P250 in my area today to handle, but the BX on base has the P320 compact in 9mm (10 rds though) and 45.  Current price is $490 + $10 state police fee, so $500 otd.... However, they are going to have all firearms 15% off on Black Friday, so if I do the paperwork the week before (waiting period ) then I could pay for it on Black Friday and pick it up... so about $430 otd.  but with the political uncertainty, I'm left to debate whether waiting until after the election is worth saving $75.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read that article a while back- it goes into the category of -useful info- but does not influence what or how I carry because I am not a cop and I do not have the obligations a cop has.  I have no requirement or desire to pursue anyone which is how gunfights often start.  

Even with that said, I almost always carry at least one spare magazine (that's 13 extras), sometimes two, and if I'm going to Seattle I may even throw an extra in the sling-pack.  The nice thing is we don't have to worry about poor concealed carry, printing or any of that.

Back on topic I have a Jackass rig for my 1911 that I got cheap on craigslist.  I had hoped to wear it over a cotton t-shirt and under an unbuttoned collard shirt but found that the weight of the gun caused the shirt to bunch and look silly.  It might work better with a long sleeve shirt and light jacket  (switch to open carry if it got hot or go inside).  So OP should be aware of that with a shoulder holster.  The P250 P320 is a bit lighter though.  
View Quote

That's how I plan to carry... have you tried carrying the P320c in a jackass rig?  I didn't see a jackass rig on Galco's website, but I'm wondering if a custom made one would be better since it will have better quality leather, thickness/width, and stitching.    Would belt loops/ties help balance it out?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's how I plan to carry... have you tried carrying the P320c in a jackass rig?  I didn't see a jackass rig on Galco's website, but I'm wondering if a custom made one would be better since it will have better quality leather, thickness/width, and stitching.    Would belt loops/ties help balance it out?
View Quote

During the winter months I carry my SIG's in a Fobus synthetic shoulder holster w/the opposite side dual mag carrier (which helps balance the weight of the handgun on the other side). While not as comfortable as a good leather rig, it's been comfortable enough for several hours at a time and the roto- feature allows me to adjust the cant of both holster & mag carrier to suit my preference.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  If you can find a gen 2 P250 for a song (which has been known to happen on occasion) you won't regret it.  It is the most shit-talked gun by people who have never owned or shot one, but having owned one myself, I can tell you the trigger is nothing short of amazing.  Super light and smooth as can be.  The reset is a non-issue if you were ever to use it in a panic-induced case of self-defense.  I guarantee you'd be slapping that trigger as hard as you can should the need arise you for you to pull it.
View Quote

10 lbs is super light?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

10 lbs is super light?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  If you can find a gen 2 P250 for a song (which has been known to happen on occasion) you won't regret it.  It is the most shit-talked gun by people who have never owned or shot one, but having owned one myself, I can tell you the trigger is nothing short of amazing.  Super light and smooth as can be.  The reset is a non-issue if you were ever to use it in a panic-induced case of self-defense.  I guarantee you'd be slapping that trigger as hard as you can should the need arise you for you to pull it.

10 lbs is super light?  

Where do you get 10lbs? 5.5-6.5lbs according to SIG's website: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-compact.aspx

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where do you get 10lbs? 5.5-6.5lbs according to SIG's website: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-compact.aspx
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 lbs is super light?  

I stand corrected.  That's a lot better than I'd been told.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There doesn't seem to be many options with the Jackass rig anymore.  1911 and Glock 17 and maybe one or two more (working from memory).  I'd be curious to know if someone has a Jackass for a G17 if the P320 would fit well enough.  

If you're serious about a shoulder rig there are several custom makers out there like Andrews Custom Leather.  I have never been able to justify the expense because I wouldn't carry in a shoulder holster often enough; if you plan to then it makes sense.  As to the belt loops, it's give-&-take.  They stabilize the rig and make the draw more one handed, however they can bind you up when doing normal things like getting into or out of the car.   Elastic tie-downs can be a compromise.  I actually used one of my wife's elastic hair scrunchies to tie the holster to my belt.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 lbs is super light?  

Exactly.....

I just picked up a used Gen 2 P250 the other day for $199.  Box and two mags with night sights.

The trigger actually is quite nice, and I like the ability of changing frames if wanted.  I shoot this as if Im shooting a revolver, and the P250 is MUCH lighter than my k-frames.

I had a gen 1 years ago and liked it too, but that one was an even better deal at $250 with 8 mags......
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Are the .380" slides & mags still available, or did SIG drop those from US importation?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

During the winter months I carry my SIG's in a Fobus synthetic shoulder holster w/the opposite side dual mag carrier (which helps balance the weight of the handgun on the other side). While not as comfortable as a good leather rig, it's been comfortable enough for several hours at a time and the roto- feature allows me to adjust the cant of both holster & mag carrier to suit my preference.

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I didn't see a  shoulder rig for the 320 on the fobus website... is it a universal system?  Do you know where I can find one?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I can only find P250s online, and they are $410.  A lgs has their own online store,  plus gallery of guns.  Transferring in from another dealer is kind of pricey around here.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I did not realize the 45 P320 was not interchangeable with other calibers. To be honest I doubt I'd buy a caliber exchange kit because of the price (may as well buy another pistol for a little more).  I did not see a 22 lr kit for the P320 like there is for the P250, which I was disappointed about.

I only have one 45 pistol (HK45T) which I really like, and went with it for HD with a silencer.  Other than that I have a SW TRR8 so I'm not married to 45, but I think it is more convenient to stock fewer calibers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps

You can move the trigger assembly pack to another caliber frame in a P250 and I am pretty sure you can do the same with the P320. I have the P250 .45ACP with the large and sub compact frame and like it alot. I have a couple of the compact grips for both the large frame and sub-compact upper. I trimmed the grip down to fit the sub-compact frame. There are alot of combinations that you can put together to customize carry piece that will be perfect for you. Top Gun Supply carries the different grips in black and FDE. My current carry configuration is the black sub-compact upper and a Sub-compact FDE grip.

If you plan on getting it, if you want to move the trigger pack to another caliber, you have to have the full upper slide with barrel, grip frame and the proper magazine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I didn't see a  shoulder rig for the 320 on the fobus website... is it a universal system?  Do you know where I can find one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Start w/this: http://www.fobus.com/products/special-products/253/ktf-sr.html
Add this Roto-holster (KTF SR): http://www.fobus.com/holsters/sig-sauer/222/320c-nd-2.html
And this Roto-mag carrier (KTF SR): http://www.fobus.com/products/mag-pouches/243/6909nd.html

I found everything I needed on Ebay (btw, any of the proper-size Roto holsters/mag carriers can be used w/the KTF SR shoulder rig, you simply remove whatever paddle/belt loop it comes with first).
HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  You can move the trigger assembly pack to another caliber frame in a P250 and I am pretty sure you can do the same with the P320. I have the P250 .45ACP with the large and sub compact frame and like it alot. I have a couple of the compact grips for both the large frame and sub-compact upper. I trimmed the grip down to fit the sub-compact frame. There are alot of combinations that you can put together to customize carry piece that will be perfect for you. Top Gun Supply carries the different grips in black and FDE. My current carry configuration is the black sub-compact upper and a Sub-compact FDE grip.

If you plan on getting it, if you want to move the trigger pack to another caliber, you have to have the full upper slide with barrel, grip frame and the proper magazine.
View Quote

At the risk of posting another SIG rumor, no, the P320 .45" module is separate from the 9x19mm/.357" SIG/.40" S&W module.

Would a 9x19mm Glock mag fit in the mouth of your P250 module?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn!!!!  I've been looking all over for a 320 in 45ACP and can't find one. Eve they have not seen one since early 2015. Buy it or tell me where I can find it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:50:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Damn!!!!  I've been looking all over for a 320 in 45ACP and can't find one. Eve they have not seen one since early 2015. Buy it or tell me where I can find it.
View Quote

I'm still on IRR for the Air Force; I found the 45 compact and FS (both are confrast sights, not ns like i thought) at the AAFES (BX) on a base down the road from me for $490.   A lgs has a 40 and 357 sig compact, fde, ns, for $581, and 9mm carry and compact versions.  The 40, 357, and 9mm would not come with any mags because of the asinine laws here, but i could get standard mags very soon.

ETA:  I didn't buy it yesterday as I am rethinking 45 for carry.  It would be convenient to stick with one caliber, but after reading through some of the topics in the ammo subforum, I'm thinking of using something else.  Watching mrgunsngear's of the frying pan (9 and 40 penetrated but 45 did not), although anecdotal, has made me pause.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Add this Roto-holster (KTF SR): http://www.fobus.com/holsters/sig-sauer/222/320c-nd-2.html
And this Roto-mag carrier (KTF SR): http://www.fobus.com/products/mag-pouches/243/6909nd.html

I found everything I needed on Ebay (btw, any of the proper-size Roto holsters/mag carriers can be used w/the KTF SR shoulder rig, you simply remove whatever paddle/belt loop it comes with first).
HTH...
Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

HTH...
Tomac

Awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ETA:  I didn't buy it yesterday as I am rethinking 45 for carry.  It would be convenient to stick with one caliber, but after reading through some of the topics in the ammo subforum, I'm thinking of using something else.  Watching mrgunsngear's of the frying pan (9 and 40 penetrated but 45 did not), although anecdotal, has made me pause.
View Quote

When I went to buy my P320 the .45 wasn't out yet, and the release date changed a couple times.  I don't trust 9mm and .40 never did anything for me, so it was either wait or try the .357 Sig.  I went .357 and don't see me going back.  I was expecting fireballs and ear ringing (even with ear protection) but that hasn't been my experience.  It's a stout round but very controllable.  I liked the round enough that when I fell in love with the Legion series I got my P229 in the same caliber.  It's not the cool round on the block but I'm ok with that.  It costs more to practice but with all that I have going on I don't have as much time as I'd like to get out and shoot anyway.  Quality over quantity.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

At the risk of posting another SIG rumor, no, the P320 .45" module is separate from the 9x19mm/.357" SIG/.40" S&W module.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You can move the trigger assembly pack to another caliber frame in a P250 and I am pretty sure you can do the same with the P320. I have the P250 .45ACP with the large and sub compact frame and like it alot. I have a couple of the compact grips for both the large frame and sub-compact upper. I trimmed the grip down to fit the sub-compact frame. There are alot of combinations that you can put together to customize carry piece that will be perfect for you. Top Gun Supply carries the different grips in black and FDE. My current carry configuration is the black sub-compact upper and a Sub-compact FDE grip.

I am talking about the trigger pack, it can be moved to different modules. If you have a .45 module and wanted to get a 9mm, you would have to purchase the whole 9mm module, to include magazines and install the trigger pack in that module. The trigger packs are the only universal part.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I've had both, but I love my P250's. I got rid of my P320's mostly because I can't bring myself to like striker fired hand guns. I was raised on revolvers so it feels natural to me.

Most bad reviews you read are from the earlier gen 1 pistols. They had some problems. I can tell you they've been corrected. They are great shooters and very underrated in my opinion. In a shoulder rig, the ability to ride the hammer down into your holster will go a long way for your piece of mind if you have a fear of a nd. The great thing about these 2 pistols in that you can tweak the frames to suit your style. If you want a subcompact slide with a compact grip or fullsize grip, you can do it. Some minor cutting to a 50 dollar plastic frame that you can throw away if you mess up is pretty awesome.

A few pointers. The rear sight is proprietary. No way around it. If you want night sights, order it that way. I can't find one single aftermarket rear sight in existence. Holsters for 320's and 250's are not the same either. The 250 slide is just slightly different enough to cause some holsters not to work. Mainly a well made kydex holster will not work.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I am talking about the trigger pack, it can be moved to different modules. If you have a .45 module and wanted to get a 9mm, you would have to purchase the whole 9mm module, to include magazines and install the trigger pack in that module. The trigger packs are the only universal part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  The 250 trigger pack will fit all calibers, from .22" LR to .45" ACP.  The 320 trigger packs are different between .45" ACP and everything else.  Ie, if you have a 9x19mm 250, you just buy the .45" bits & drop in your trigger pack.  If you have a 9x19mm 320, you have to buy a completely different gun to get a .45" ACP 320.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Op, I am a SIG guys through and through.  Probably own 10 of them but.......... my CCW is a G19 gen4, why?  because it can hold 15 rounds, conceals better and importantly weighs less than any of the SIGs excluding maybe the polymer frame one (320?).  I'd go G19 or the G23? (40 cal one?)
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes.  The 250 trigger pack will fit all calibers, from .22" LR to .45" ACP.  The 320 trigger packs are different between .45" ACP and everything else.  Ie, if you have a 9x19mm 250, you just buy the .45" bits & drop in your trigger pack.  If you have a 9x19mm 320, you have to buy a completely different gun to get a .45" ACP 320.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification. I have the 250 and was pretty sure the 320 was the same. Learned something new today. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Op, I am a SIG guys through and through.  Probably own 10 of them but.......... my CCW is a G19 gen4, why?  because it can hold 15 rounds, conceals better and importantly weighs less than any of the SIGs excluding maybe the polymer frame one (320?).  I'd go G19 or the G23? (40 cal one?)
View Quote

I've had 3 Glocks (26, 22, 34). (I kept trying to convince myself I would get used to it if only I had [insert new glock model])  I sold them because I just could not get used to the grip angle and the triggers never felt right.  It was a night/day difference when I tried hammer fired pistols. I tried putting in a 3.5 lb connector and reduced spring, but any combination just didn't feel right to me, and honestly Glocks left me with a bad feeling about striker pistols, until I gave the 320 a try. I have shot a G19 and its trigger was better than the ones I had.  I learned the expensive way that Glocks aren't for me.

ETA: The P320C is 2 oz heavier than a G19/23

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally got to try a P250 trigger today.  I was clearly incorrect, it's nowhere close to 10 lbs.  The stock pull, however, is retardedly long.  Can that be adjusted w/o increasing the trigger pull?

If the .380" bbls are still available, that would make a very quiet and very low recoil into gun for new shooters - if the trigger pull can be adjusted.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I opted for the P320C today, though I had to order it so I *hope* it is one with the updated features.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I opted for the P320C today, though I had to order it so I *hope* it is one with the updated features.
View Quote

Thinking about the P320 with the factory Romeo 1 sight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've had 3 Glocks (26, 22, 34). (I kept trying to convince myself I would get used to it if only I had [insert new glock model])  I sold them because I just could not get used to the grip angle and the triggers never felt right.  It was a night/day difference when I tried hammer fired pistols. I tried putting in a 3.5 lb connector and reduced spring, but any combination just didn't feel right to me, and honestly Glocks left me with a bad feeling about striker pistols, until I gave the 320 a try. I have shot a G19 and its trigger was better than the ones I had.  I learned the expensive way that Glocks aren't for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had that same problem with the Gen 3 Glocks that had that crazy angled grip.  On the Gen 4 they changed that and its almost the same grip angle as my P226/229s.  Whatever you get make sure it conceals well but holds a minimum of 12-15 rounds
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Finally got to try a P250 trigger today.  I was clearly incorrect, it's nowhere close to 10 lbs.  The stock pull, however, is retardedly long.  Can that be adjusted w/o increasing the trigger pull?

If the .380" bbls are still available, that would make a very quiet and very low recoil into gun for new shooters - if the trigger pull can be adjusted.
View Quote

I don't see how it could be adjusted. The whole mechanism is pretty simple in design.

I've heard there is a short trigger, but I'm pretty sure it's just the trigger itself and doesn't adjust lop or anything like that. It makes the trigger reach shorter which may reduce perceived lop.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I had that same problem with the Gen 3 Glocks that had that crazy angled grip.  On the Gen 4 they changed that and its almost the same grip angle as my P226/229s.  Whatever you get make sure it conceals well but holds a minimum of 12-15 rounds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up getting the P320 compact, FDE, night sights in 357 sig.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I hav e a P320 Compact in 45.  I just ordered a P320 Carry 9mm as well as an ODG compact grip and 15 rd mag.   The compact size is really ideal for me but I like the 17 rd mags.  I really like these guns - and I have a lot of guns. Much superior to my Glock IMO.  I still love my German 226 but the younger girls are hotter.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#41]
The LGS I went to fill out the paperwork for the P320 had a P250 in the case, $400.  The trigger was nice and consistent, but still a decent amount longer than the 320.  I'm still happy with my decision for the 320; I think in a stressful situation with jerking the trigger the 250 might be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 lbs is super light?  

Wanted to let you know you weren't entirely inaccurate. Turns out the MA-compliant P250 has a 10lb pull due to state requirements.

Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top