Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2016 10:06:30 PM EDT
I have only owned one sig. A w German p6,  I came across a sp2022 today and the price caught my attention

I went threw 6 pages and found no threads on them, so what do you guys think of the plastic sig?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got one a couple of weeks ago, my second Sig. The other is a P938.

I like it, brought it to the range, 50 rounds at 7 yards and 50 at 10. One

round in the 7, all the rest 8 or better. No failures. Palmetto has mags for $36

apiece, I think AIM does also. The first shot in DA does take some getting

used to. Mine was the FDE with black grips, it came with two mags, two grip

inserts, and an OWB holster.. Was $500 after taxes, not a bad price around here,

if it had the night sights it would be perfect. All videos on Youtube seem positive.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Like it carry it with tlr3 and custom owb rig
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 sigs. A P220 an SP2022 and a legion 229.

I like all of them and the SP 2022 is a great plastic gun and finished much nicer than my G 19
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Got one about 2 months ago, put 250 rounds through it without any problems. I like it, it is my first hammer fired handgun and I chose it over a glock 30s using cabelas points. Will now look into getting a 226/229 in the future.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonderful, over 10k rounds thru my earlier version SP2340. Only sold it due to damage in my index finger and having to switch to SAO/strikers...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one and it works great.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
These threads pop up now and again. They're not talked about much, but usually the consensus is they are very good DASA guns for the money. I haven't shot one, but I've handled them and it's predecessor the 2340 and thought they both had nice smooth triggers and an overall good feel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info. I'd never noticed them and was in a local store last night who has a sale on them right now for
$399.99. I'm tempted ??
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I'd never noticed them and was in a local store last night who has a sale on them right now for
$399.99. I'm tempted ??
View Quote

I got an email on a Tac Pac version for like $460 with extra mags. CORRECTED - IT WAS TOP GUN SUPPLY

It's called: SP2022-9-B-HICAP-PACK
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$399.99. I'm tempted ??
View Quote

I'd fo at that price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The SP2022 is my fav DA/SA handgun. Now that I think about it, it's the *only* DA/SA handgun I've really liked.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Went and put the last one they had on layway today. I couldn't pass up the price, and the burnt bronze color
Was sexy ??
Will this thing fit in a holster for a 226?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a German made one a few years ago and never should have sold it.  Have heard of QC issues with the newer Exeter ones but maybe that has been ironed out.
Great pistol that never had one issue, just a bit bulky compared to a G19 while having the same capacity.

Quoted:
Went and put the last one they had on layway today. I couldn't pass up the price, and the burnt bronze color
Was sexy ??
View Quote

No it won't, I do recall hearing that certain XD holsters would fit it.  I'd imagine as the SP2022 has gained in popularity there are a few more options in the holster dept.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered an Alien Gear Holster, confirrmed shipment today, for mine.

I know Foxx Holsters have some available also. Both brands are in the

$30 to $50 range. My first Alien purchase, I have a Little Foxx for my SR40c,

it's a decent holster for its price.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
2 thumbs up on Alien Gear
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I carry one as my work rig. Tlr1 in a safari land 6004 when we need to tac up. I take off the light when I don't and shove it in a serpa. Great fun that shoots naturally for me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I like mine. It's a good gun. I just would rather it be a 9mm...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had a German made one a few years ago and never should have sold it.  Have heard of QC issues with the newer Exeter ones but maybe that has been ironed out.
Great pistol that never had one issue, just a bit bulky compared to a G19 while having the same capacity.

No it won't, I do recall hearing that certain XD holsters would fit it.  I'd imagine as the SP2022 has gained in popularity there are a few more options in the holster dept.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Was sexy ??

Blade-tech is one manufacture of holsters!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
This is my carry gun and I love it! Carry it in a galco OWB leather holster and it works well, but the grips are like sand paper on my side if I don't have an under shirt. However they are great for getting a secure hold on the gun. Post a pic when you can mine is all black I'd love to see this bronze color!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I do wish the Sig Pro Compact was available here in the States. There's a shorter grip with flush mag baseplates and I believe the slide is shortened slightly also. Not a huge difference, but enough to help make it more concealable than the 2022 is now (to me it's kinda too big to be really ideal for CC, but also too short/small to be considered a full-sized gun).

Regardless the 2022 is a great gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Local store has these in fde on sale for $485. Is that a good price? It seems pretty cheap for a Sig. Also, the website says it can be converted to double action only, has anyone done that. The grips on the other pistols that I've tried seem too large in the grip for me, if its close to a XD size grip, I will be very interested in this one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Local store has these in fde on sale for $485. Is that a good price? It seems pretty cheap for a Sig. Also, the website says it can be converted to double action only, has anyone done that. The grips on the other pistols that I've tried seem too large in the grip for me, if its close to a XD size grip, I will be very interested in this one.
View Quote

I have converted one to DAO because I was curious what it would be like. The reset on the trigger obviously is a lot farther out than in SA, and is constantly the same heavy approximately 10 lb pull. Interesting, but does not lend itself very well (no surprise) to speed shooting over the standard DA/SA.

The only way right now you're basically going to be able to convert the 2022 to DAO is to find the fire control unit for DAO (AKA the hammer box) separately and install it yourself. I had a 2022 sent off to SIG about a year and a half ago to get converted to DAO and they told me they did not have the parts (i.e. the fire control unit) to do the conversion. I ended up finding a used DAO fire control unit from Numrich Gun Parts, and there are videos on Youtube showing you how to install the DAO or DA/SA fire control unit in your SP 2022 or SP 2009 (not hard to do).

$485 out the door for a FDE with night sights and 2 mags is one of the better prices I've seen for those. Some places charge as much as $530 plus tax for a FDE.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish mine was FDE to match my AR
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Took it out this morning for the first time and put 200 rounds threw it. Only issue is locking back on a empty mag. Not sure yet
If it is the magazine or just a stiff recoil spring and shooting 115s
Overall I love the gun! I seem to shoot it better then I did Glocks
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Took it out this morning for the first time and put 200 rounds threw it. Only issue is locking back on a empty mag. Not sure yet

View Quote

Your thumb is probably holding the slide stop down, watch your grip very closely
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Everything I could let you know about the SP2022 and in FDE. Enjoy.
looserounds.com sig-sauer-sp2022-fde-9mm
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Your thumb is probably holding the slide stop down, watch your grip very closely
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have a tendency to hold it down with my thumb on mine, but doesn't really bother me:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top