Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2016 9:43:58 AM EDT
I've been looking at the Legion series Sig and have noticed that only a few available now have the flat faced trigger. Did Sig get complaints and remove them because alot of the new pistols on shelves have the standard trigger face.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The flat faced trigger model is the P226 SAO, which seems to be the most in demand of the Legion  series.  The models with the curved trigger are DA/SA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The flat faced trigger model is the P226 SAO, which seems to be the most in demand of the Legion  series.  The models with the curved trigger are DA/SA.
View Quote

+1

The P226 SAO is heaven in a handgun

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Legion SAO FTW, one of the finest handguns I have ever shot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one I like it.  But it was my first(and still only) handgun.  Unfortunately the bar as been set so high that 'upgrading' or even something 'equal' won't be cheap.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an X5 Master Shop 40SW and was wanting to get the 9mm X5 but with the double cost now and limited US supply, I'm considering the Legion SAO in 9mm. I've found that the SAO model is a bit tough to come by.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Like all hard to come by things it's well worth it. If I had to pick between my x5 tactical and my legion SAO the X5 would likely have to go. It's become my travel carry. If you even remotely like SAO guns you owe yourself one of these.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Like all hard to come by things it's well worth it. If I had to pick between my x5 tactical and my legion SAO the X5 would likely have to go. It's become my travel carry. If you even remotely like SAO guns you owe yourself one of these.
View Quote

Wow, now that is saying a lot. I have never fired an X5, but good grief, common gun sense says they are awesome. I was, however, one lucky son of bitch and scored a Legion SAO recently. Not much trigger time yet but I may retire my 1911's, it's friggin sweet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't carry safeties, so I stick to the da/sa legion.

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've found that the SAO model is a bit tough to come by.
View Quote

It's worth a tough search.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bigdeeeeeeee/media/66faf525-5c97-4bea-88d9-a18b356042e5_zpsql0tg7fo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/bigdeeeeeeee/66faf525-5c97-4bea-88d9-a18b356042e5_zpsql0tg7fo.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've found that the SAO model is a bit tough to come by.

<a href="http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bigdeeeeeeee/media/66faf525-5c97-4bea-88d9-a18b356042e5_zpsql0tg7fo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/bigdeeeeeeee/66faf525-5c97-4bea-88d9-a18b356042e5_zpsql0tg7fo.jpg</a>

Sweet setup!
I've carried a gun for 15 years now. Started with DA/SA 229, eventually switched to polymer frame striker fired. Currently switching over to the 320. I've never wanted a defense gun with a safety, but my Legion SAO, has had me VERY seriously considering going against 15 years of training and learning to use a SAO for carry. That's how much I like this damn gun. I don't think I'm going to switch to it, but I haven't totally discarded the notion yet. It'd be an even tougher decision if they made the 229 in a Legion SAO....

Anyways, get one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Like many others, I wish the P229 was available in SAO.  Until then....

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#12]
tagging for info. Ive finger fucked a da sa legion and fell in love. Is the sa worth it more than the da sa? I know this will sound dumb apples to oranges, but what would sway someone one way or the other going sa legion from a springfield trp 1911?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
tagging for info. Ive finger fucked a da sa legion and fell in love. Is the sa worth it more than the da sa? I know this will sound dumb apples to oranges, but what would sway someone one way or the other going sa legion from a springfield trp 1911?
View Quote

I have always loved the 1911 platform, with legion SAO you get the amazing trigger, similar thumb safety, 18+1 capacity with mecgar mags and you ditch that annoying back strap safety. IMHO the SAO should be the first choice if your jumping into a legion. This Gun really shines when your running and gunning and it naturally falls back on target shot after shot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have always loved the 1911 platform, with legion SAO you get the amazing trigger, similar thumb safety, 18+1 capacity with mecgar mags and you ditch that annoying back strap safety. IMHO the SAO should be the first choice if your jumping into a legion. This Gun really shines when your running and gunning and it naturally falls back on target shot after shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah its not a 1911, but still a very damn good trigger, plus the options of reliable 15 or 18 or 20 round mags, plus it SHOULD have the reliability and low maintenance of a classic 226 advantage over a 1911, but that's theoretical unless anyone has done any direct comparisons. Plus I've always found 1911s a pain in the ass to clean. YMMV as always. I'd say try a 226 SAO Legion. If you end up not loving it you will have zero difficulty selling it for most if not all your money back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm really happy with the DA/SA action on my Legion 229 in .40.  I'm not one for thumb safeties and since I basically started my Sig sickness with a 228, it just feels right.  Nice smooth double action pull and such a nice single action that I had a couple unexpected double taps while getting used to it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#16]
are the finish issues with the legion a real thing or just overblown?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't heard the finish issues, but I got to lay my hands on a SAO today for the first time.

I'm a long-time 1911 shooter, and have wanted to like Sigs, but have never known what to do with my strong-hand thumb when I'm shooting one.  I have actually decocked a 226 before during firing, which has kept me from really getting serious about one.  When I was looking for a 3-gun pistol, I ended up with a CZ-75 in part because of the safety.

So I was in Smoky Mountain Knife Works today, and they had Sig reps there.  One of them put the SAO into my mitts.  Great trigger, very usable sights, solid feeling pistol.  I may have found my next 3-gun/nightstand pistol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the SAO and love it even though I'm not a fan of safety's but the prices have come down recently here's a DA/SA http://www.armoryup.com/product.sig-p226-legion-9mm-44-gry-15rd
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I saw a SAO at a gun show today for $1099.  I had actually just sold an AR and had the cash in my pocket.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I'm still waffling between the Sig, a Beretta M9A3, or trying to find a deal on a 2011 Eagle.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, I saw a SAO at a gun show today for $1099.  I had actually just sold an AR and had the cash in my pocket.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I'm still waffling between the Sig, a Beretta M9A3, or trying to find a deal on a 2011 Eagle.
View Quote

You should've gotten it. I went between the M9A3 and the 226 Legion DA, and the Beretta was TOO aggressive on the front strap checkering for me. I figured it would bug me shooting without gloves, on a range day. The Legion is by far the nicest feeling handgun I've ever held. It just melts into my hand, and even my DA/SA is super fast back on target, for me. I'm contemplating getting an SAO just because it's very close to the X5 I lusted after, and missed out on. These check most of those boxes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like many others, I wish the P229 was available in SAO.  Until then....

https://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/b38d6f46-5c2f-401d-a929-fe68418a4df3.png
View Quote

If enough people keep saying it, maybe it will happen.................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top